Chapter 30

Fadeless Memory

The funeral ceremony of the woman only begin after a days from the death occur due to the post mortem held by the police and hospital in searching for the evidence but yet like always it is no to avail. Generally the Korean funeral last three days, on the second day wearing black attire both the couple attends the ceremony to giving their last respect to the deceased. Wailing already disperse from them as they can accept the fact although some tear still flow sometime. Along with them with the permission of the husband and request by Jong Kook as part of ritual, there is Lee Seong Jin the only son of the woman wearing a black suit and the hemp hat being a role of sangju, basically the master of ceremony. Not far from them there also the recognize tall man that still unable to accept the death, repeatedly scream and cry in calling his mother whilst the father try to coax the sorrow him “Kwang Soo-ah stop”

Watching the tall man crying in his father hug, the tears that she keeps hold appear again. A small cry suddenly becomes dense with a grieving; make the boyfriend pulls her to his embrace giving his shoulder. He his girlfriend’s back and tries to cajole her although he himself tries hard to holds the cry in his eyes. In his mind he recalls the memory between him and the mother, the woman that had bring the happiness in his piteous childhood time which he really thankful for. Unfortunately, their fate and the happiness only a while; after 7 years together they have been separated… but now they will never meet again since the woman already leave him forever. Thinking of the tragedy and the man that separated them anger he and he swear to himself he won’t forgave the man in his entire life.

One by one visitor comes to give their last respect to the deceased with their black attire. The deceased body that is dressed had been put into a casket which was set behind a partition and a table with her photo, candles and incense. The visitor as mourners then light the stick of incense at the table, bow at the table before continue their bow to the sanju who sits next to the table on a coarse mat. Being one of the relatives to the woman although he just an adopted child, Jong Kook also sits beside his brother receives the condolence by the visitor together with his mother’s husband and step son.  While in sitting his eyes screens around the place in searches his woman where he founds her together with a paralyzed man on his wheel chair and a good looking guy sitting at the corner of the room. His forehead crinkle as he see the young man as he looks familiar but he can’t remember well, just like he feels when he saw Kwang Soo for the first time.

Seeing the paralyzed old man with his girlfriend wonder he of their relationship but he more question the old man’s act towards them before. In his difficulty to sit and bow with the help from the young man; his son, Kwang Soo and himself, he remember the warm hug that the old man gave to both him and his brother…even he shed tears and pledging his apologize. After 30 minutes silently sit there, the old man bid his goodbye and exits the room along with his son and Ji Hyo. Only after around 15 minutes his girlfriend returns back to the room waiting patiently.

After the ceremony end they embark to home. Concern with her boyfriend Ji Hyo takes initiative to drive the car as he is tired after received and giving the bow to the visitor. His adopted brother stay at the nearest hotel as the burial ceremony will be continue tomorrow early in the morning and his home are farthest. The tired Jong Kook taking his nap along the journey to his house even didn’t bother to pick up his mobile that keep ringing. Feel disturb and curious she shake the man body to wake up him afraid might be some urgent calling. But the man with his slumber take out his mobile from his pocket, screening a while the caller and push the red button to end the call.

“Lets it be, wrong number” he said a while before shut back his eye continue his nap. However, the mobile keep ringing and rashly he turn off his mobile giving questionable to her. ‘Who is actually calling him?’ she wonder as she notice lately after his mother died he receives a numerous time of calling although most of it received an ignorance by him just like he did before.

 

*******

 

With the current tragedy the mission of Inspector Sung Im had come to the end. Never she expect the person that she looking for all this time is nearest to her, always be beside her… nope, not just that but the one that always be in her heart… her Oppa, her lover, her one man. Thinking back her effort in doing the mission giggles her a bit, still she remember how it give her frustrated, nerves even restless even she needs to disguise herself which had cause almost a breakage in her relationship. However, she never regrets it although it’s look futile but it’s never wasted her even she thankful because the mission had made her knowing him, experience love and to be love by someone. But, with the end of the mission its will also become the end of her disguise. Like her father promises and their agreement in order to persuade her, she will works back to Ilsan as Inspector Song Ji Hyo which make her feels reluctant and wanted to break the promise.

“Jagiya, I never thought the person that I search too all this while actually in front my eyes…everyday be beside me. No wonder I can’t trace you since you just adopter son” she spoke out suddenly at the bed before they sleep. Their finger interlocks each other while her head lean on his broad shoulder.

“You know right about my disguise as Sung Im?”

“Hurm…” he answering in hum giving her space to continue her word.

“Actually Appa asks me to disguise and give me mission to search Ahjumma’s son. With the help of Commissioner General I can easily access to HR and be Sung Im. But with this finding, the mission already complete might be…” she reluctant to continue her word, a sad and worried approach her while her father words this evening keep touting in her mind.

“Might be what Love?”

“Ermmm… might be you will meet Appa soon, maybe tomorrow although today you did saw him. He wanted to meet you badly” she replies lie a bit since didn’t have courage to speak her other thinking…the things that bothered her.

“He wants to meet me? Ji Hyo-yah what I need to do…What if he didn’t like me… and I never ask him permission for us living together”

“Hahaha Oppa, are you nervous. He wants to meet you because you’re Ajhumma’s son not my boyfriend although I really wants to introduce you. Don’t worries he must be like you and regarding we live together he already knew about it and your condition. He believe in me and it’s not you didn’t want to meet him” she replies while recall the past time they had encounter. Didn’t know why the time like a big barrier to them, once he discharges from hospital her father not at home. Then his plans to meet her father last Sunday also cancel since he caught fever and flu which they postpone to the following week but her father’s schedule evade them. It’s either them or her father’ time is the circumstance, even the current tragedy postpone them again.

“But I think since we already meet better I apologize and introduce myself. But, which one is your father… is that the one that with you today, that para…” he hesitate to say the word afraid might sad her.

“Paralyzed man? Hahaha Oppa just say it, don’t worry I already usual with that. Yup, he is. Jagiya, it’s already late lets go to sleep, tomorrow we need to wake early for Ahjumma burial ceremony” intentionally she change the topic didn’t want to talks more feels a bit guilty to him due to her father past action. She also knows well the reason her father wanted to meet him as she hopes he can forgive her father. Thinking of it scares her and its scarier when thinking their relationship, it’s worried her more that chase away her other problem. To lose him forever is more burden than they being separated.

Like always giving each other a good night kiss, both of them sleeps in each other embrace although deep inside their hearts wanted the time to crawl slowly or just stop. But the time just passes by walking leaving the two worried heart into the sleepless night.

 

*****

 

Far at one hotel, Seong Jin lie lazily at the bed keep thinking. Feeling assure with his own self he grab his phone and key in the words on the keypad before sending the message to his brother.

“Jong Kook-ah you remember the paralyzed man at Omma ceremony today. I think he is the man that kill Appa and kidnapped Omma “ 

 

 

 p/s : To my chingu nihogo3 thanks for the upvote ^^