Chapter 21

Fadeless Memory

“Oppa, don’t you remember me? Didn’t earlier you remember me? I’m Cheon Sung Im or sometimes you call me Miss Crime, I’m your girl…” she hesitate to continue her words since between them are just friend. He never asks her to be his girlfriend even though they had feelings to each other and have their kiss before. Thinking of the kiss make her blush since the man himself can’t remember it. ‘Can we claim our as lover with the confession and kiss?’

“Cheon Sung Im… Miss Crime” he keeps says her name while regain his memory of her. “Angle is Sung Im, Sung Im is Miss Crime” Continue he repeat the words bring the pity to her. “It’s okay Oppa, don’t stress yourself. But why you call me Angle?”

“No Sung Im-ah I want to remember you. I know you’re important to me, that why you had come in my dream before as angle” he says while grab her hand brings it to his chest. He closed his eyes and his mind keep works in remembering her in his life. Deep inside his heart, he knows she is someone who is really important to him. Sometimes he does feel the ache in his head but he ignores it even though a little groan hears in his sound.

Ji Hyo with her hand at his, stare to the man in front her that trying hard in regain his memory. Sometimes she sense the man mumbling her name and groan in pain; the bead of sweat appear in his forehead. She does feel sympathy to him but she also wants him to remember her so she prays hard in her heart and tighten the grab of her hand giving support to him.

Like the film in the movie, one by one his memory with her screen into his head. Her word, rebuke, cry, jock, smile, laugh and all of her mixing in his brain.

‘Splash’ “Yah! How you drive, can’t you see the puddle there?!” “Sorry Sir if I can I would buy you another cloth but I’ve meeting now. Here some money, you can buy it for yourself" He remembers the first time they meet each other.

“You!!” When they meet again at their Office.

“Miss Crime Scene, didn’t your name C.S.I, it’s suit you right since you like to make crime scene”….‘Hey Kookie Moster how the cookie?  Delicious?...“Hey you Mr. arrogant-yet-show-off-muscle-Detective, my respect is towards someone who can give me in trust” the scene when they fight and bickering to each other that make him into smile in remembering it.

“Hey, next time if you can’t stand it just say. I’m sorry, don’t cry” the first time he saw her cry in her first investigation that lead to their first hug.

“Kookie Mon… upps D.S Kim-shi thank you, by the way here the money for the mechanic payment” her words when he helps during her car broke down. This is also the first time he dreams of the angle.  

‘Ok..ok… Kookie Oppa can you forgive me????? Friend? What it is, any type of cookie? Hehehe…. Sure why not’ the word during their chit chat and the first time she calls him Oppa that make him blush. It’s also when they forgive each other and become friend.

“No D.S Kim, no I want to continue this case. I want to investigate it together with you; I like to be under your lead because… because I can’t leave you… ….and…and I love you” her confession to him that leave him in shock that lead to their fight again.

‘You are stupid…stupid…stupid. How come you say my confession earlier is just a merely jock. I’m not jock, I said the truth’ her message to him during their fight and then she take her leave and go to Ilsan.

“Maybe I already late” his feelings once he saw her with one man at Ilsan during his attempt to his confession.

“It’s okay D.S Kim, don’t stress yourself regarding that matter. I already forgive you. For now can we be friend like always” her words that bring a pain and cry to him during his second trial of confession, he know he already late.

“Oppa, Jong Kook Oppa” “Oppa, please stop talking. It’s make you worsen”… “Shhhh… why you cry, I’m not die yet… I will live until 200 years old… My lovable Sung Im, I won’t leave you… I…love you…Sa..rang..handa” he memorize the scene of him get shot in saving her also the cry, care and fear of her and the confession of him to her. This is also the same scene that he remembered before.

“Don’t go Jong Kook Oppa, don’t leave me” didn’t know it is a supernatural or his dream; he meets her again as an angle in her attempt to distract him from following his parent.

And lastly he remember well the hug of her here once he conscious, her cry and also the passionate kiss that they share together. Smile with the memories they have together, he shed a tear and brings her hand to his lip and kiss her long there. “Sung Im-ah, Miss Crime, my angle sorry for not remember you before. I promise I won’t forget you again, you’re the fadeless memory that I ever have even though might be I’m late in having you in my life.”

“Late of having me in your life? What are you saying Oppa?” crinkle appear in her, confusion comes in her mind. “Why it is late when it’s never started” she continues her words in her deep looking to his small eyes seek his understanding.

“But how about the man with you in Ilsan? Didn’t both of you...” he pause his word unable to say the ‘couple’ word since it broke his heart so he just point both his index finger and join and move it together side by side. Sulky can be seen in him due his jealousy and pain.

Understand with his gesture, chuckle a bit she grabs to his hand and brings it to her face. “Did I see someone in jealousy here? Kekeke Oppa, there nothing between me and Gary. How can I replace you in my heart”

“Jinja?” unbelief he asks and received a little nod by her. “So can we be the one instead, Sung Im-ah sorry with my condition now also might be in the future, but do you want to fill the lonely in my heart, to give happiness in my loner world?”

“Sure Oppa, don’t need to ask. The day my heart beating fast because of you; to be with you always be in my dream” she reply while place his hand to her lip and kiss in deep there.

“Angle, love not there but in here” he said and point to his lip.

Giggle a bit, she stand from her sit and move close to his face. Expecting the kiss from her, he closed his eyes but only the small peck of kiss he received on his cheek brings disappointment. “Later Oppa, in our private place the nurses watching us there. For now take your rest first” she whisper in his ear bring the smile and blush to the man.

 

********

 

When the sun highly rise on the sky, inside the Hospital Jong Kook has being transfer from the ICU to the general ward. Ji Hyo who is taking her leave still stick beside him together inside his private room watch him taking his lunch provided by the Hospital. But, only the few spoon of rice he eats and brings the worried in her since he didn’t have his meal since he got shoot.

“Oppa, finish your meal. You didn’t eat since yesterday”

“Don’t want, it’s not delicious” his sulkiness appears in him.

“Oppa, just eat, I promise later I will brings what you want. Let’s me feed you” in smile she coax him, then she take the tray and brings the spoonful of rice to him. “Jagiya… ahhhh”

“Okay promise me, you will grant my wishes” like a pampered child he said and open his mouth after received the nod from her.

“What you want Oppa?” she ask while feed him in his last mouthful.

“Emmm… I want gimbap, bulgogi, dakjuk, kimchi, sundubu-jigae and soy sauce crab. For the desert I want Ttukbokkie also a lot of fruits and don’t forget chicken milkshake” without hesitate he says the food he wanted bring big eyes in her.

“Do you want make me broke?”

“Kekeke… I’m starving Sung Im-ah and I need all the food for my recovery. Don’t you had promise me before girlfriend”

“Sighhh… this Kookie Monster really know how to eat. Okay I will bring your favorite later, my homemade wasabi flavor cookie”

“Cish this Miss Crime, please Sung Im-ah my little child in my stomach wanted it so much”

“Kekeke…. Waits Oppa I want to make a phone call. I want to tell reporter about this interesting finding, sure you will be the highlight tomorrow. Sir how long had you being pregnant?” in her slumber she brings her phone to him like a reporter made her interview.

“Emmm… just now and I think within this evening it will be deliver at the Special White Bowl Hospital. Do you want to be with me during that time?”

“Cish… this dirty person” understand it she rebuke and their happy laugh echoes in the room.

“Oppa, tomorrow I need to go to Office. I can’t accompany you, but I promise I’ll visit you during lunch hour and be here at night”

“No, don’t leave me Sung Im-ah. Don’t leave me with those white monsters, I’m afraid”

“Oppa, jagiya they won’t harm you. They are a good person, if they harm you don’t worry this superwoman will attack them” see the fears in his eyes she roses herself and cup his face facing her. “My boyfriend is brave right? He is strong right? I promise after finish my work I’ll run here”

“Don’t run girlfriend, please drive to here. I’ll be dying waiting if you run” he replies give his understanding in his sweet smile bring a chuckle in her. Later, with his face still at her hand she give a light peck to his lip before he pull her to sit beside him at the bed and their lip interlock together again having their private time together.

 

********

 

Far at one place at the end of Seoul, one man reading the message at his mobile with a smirk in his face. Angry with the word, he throws the innocent mobile to the wall. Like a mad man he laugh and throws all the things on the dining table scatter around the place together with the broken mobile on the floor “Why you don’t die!! Why? Why? Hahahaha!!! Later I will kill you ! You will die with my own hand Kim Jong Kook. Hahahahaha!!!”