Chapter 20

Fadeless Memory

Slightly after a brightly shine appear behind them dazzled and shock him. In his state while wonder the existence of the brightly white light, he see his parent together with his adopted father walks into it. “Let’s go Jong Kook-ah”

Hesitate at first, slowly he nods his head and walks following them.

As he was about to enter the brightly light, suddenly he heard one voice from behind. “Jong Kook Oppa…Jong Kook Oppa” Curious come to him so he stops his walks and search the voice but fails,  no one there beside him and his parents. Feels that it just only his imagination he wants to continue his walks but the voice appear again. Mad with the situation; feels like being prank the inquisitive man walks away try to search the sources of the voice. Somewhat he thinks he had heard the voice before but he can’t remember well.

“Jong Kook-ah what are you doing there, let’s go” question with his action his mother said while wait him in front of the light. “Omma, did you hear the voice?” he ask his mom; the crinkle can be seen on his head but only the denial he received by his mother. “Ah, my imagination maybe” he assuming and walks back towards his mother but as he about to enter the strange place, two little hand wrap tight his waist from behind unlocking his movement.

 

*******

 

It’s almost 9.30 o’clock at night when Seoung Jin come to the ICU where he can see Inspector Sung Im sleeps beside his brother. The head of the woman lay at her hand as support on the bed, while still holds to Jong Kook’s hand. A shade of tears can be seen on her tired face but left her aside Seoung Jin exit the room and goes to the bench outside.

Waiting outside his eyes keep staring to the unconscious man on the bed through a mirror window. Tubes this and there at the room attach to the man body while the woman beside him still staying at her position like before. “Your life so unlucky Jong Kook-ah” he said while remember the memory between them during their childhood. Since kid Jong Kook life not as happy as it can be, he been hardly abused by his own father, his parents had died in the tragic way even many time he had involved in the accident but might be like a cat with a nine lives, he still breathing even almost to the mere death.

**Flashback**
Stand alone at the balcony, Seong Jin watched the 10 little year Jong Kook played alone happily at the yard of the house. “Omma” his voice can be heard called his mother that busy with her mini garden nearest. Sometimes he laughed happily while played the swing at the big sakura tree. “Don’t do that Jong Kook-ah, it dangerous” the woman said while saw the little one stand at the swig while pushed hard the swing to make it move faster.

Crack

Suddenly the branch with the swig attach broke and felt together with the boy before hid hard his head. Rashly the injured kid was send to the Hospital and luckily the Doctor managed to save him.

**End of flashback**

 

******

 

“Jong Kook Oppa, don’t go” the woman from his behind said; her hand still wrap tight around his waist. The aroma of roses can be smell around the place comes from the woman make he fell into curious but feels shame with the sudden contact with the stranger, he held to her hand in hope to be unleashed. However, the woman deep her hug towards him; her left hand already grab to his shoulder and he can feels the softness of her from his back making him blush. “Don’t go Jong Kook Oppa, don’t leave me” seductively she said in her low voice making the man defeat and fails with her attempt.

Having his hug and wave his goodbye to his parent and adopted father, he watch them walks to the bright place and disappear with the light. The woman still cling to his arm never left him aside afraid he might go with them. As the light about to disperse together with the oldest, he heard the voice of his adopted father echoes in his warn “Don’t believe everybody, Jong Kook-ah”. 

As the light gone, Jong Kook astonish as the place didn’t get dark but still brightly like before but he more surprise when know the light comes from the woman with her brightly white dress. “Angle?” he ask once he remember her, this is the woman that had comes to his sleep before. Feels interested with the woman, he low his face looks to her but still he unable to see her face. “Who are you?” Only the silent he received from her.

Together hand in hand with her, he follows her loitering around the place. From one room to another she brought him until they stop at the mini library inside the house. Without hesitate even feels a little wonder at first, he enter the room after being ask by the woman. Still feels amaze with the mini library like he always be during his childhood, he wonder did his adopted father managed to read all this books. Most of the books inside the library are related to business field, uninterested he just put back the books without read. Together they loiter around the place but the woman with her hand in his take him to the work desk at the corner of the room. “Why here?” still the silent he received from her.

Received no answer from the woman; didn’t want to ask further he starts to search the work desk. Even though he feels a little interrupt in his movement by the holding hand, but he didn’t crave to let her go as it give him strength. From one drawer to another he perceived until he found one black book hidden deep inside the third drawer; feels interested he grabs the book. “Appa’s diary” he said while open the diary without dither but he can’t read the writing inside, the handwriting become blur to him.

“Let’s go” she said while pulls him exit the room, chuckle a bit he left the black diary back to it place and walks together with her. “Where are we going?” he asks once they exit the room but without he received her reply in the blink of eyes they arrived at one place where he can see himself lay on the bed. Together with his figure, there one lady sleep soundly while holding his hand.

Bringing him to his own body, the woman like an angle asks him to hold his own hand. “I can’t hold it” remember well his attempt before he say but the angle with her gesture keep convince him. Understand it, with his free hand he holds his own and astonish with the result he received. In his state of shock, he surprise when feels the grip by her in his another hand become tighter but more astound when he see the light in himself. Stare his own condition, he turn his head to her beside where he can see the dim in her light; he know well she had transfer half of her to him.

“Can we meet again?” he asks once she unleashes her hold. Nod a little, she give him her warm smile before he slowly vanish with his sweet smile. His eyes keep staring to her beautiful face “I’ll always remember you my angle” he said to himself before completely evaporate to his own body.

 

*********

 

Ji Hyo awake from her sleeps when she feels the movement from his hand that she holds. “Jong Kook Oppa?” roses her head in blank she looks to him which lead to a big smile in her.

“Miss, can you go outside for a while?” alert with his changes via the medical equipment, one nurse comes to the room to give check up to him. Knowing the rules that she need to bare, Ji Hyo rashly went out from the room leave him with the nurse and waits at the bench outside. 

After 20 minutes waited outside, the nurse exits the room and goes towards her. “His condition is in good state; we already discharge the ventilator in him since he can breathe on his own now. For now we still monitor his condition, but perceived by his situation might be he can be transfer to a general ward. Let’s see what the Doctor might say in his check up later” the expert nurse says in her smile before excuse herself.

Rub her hand with a sanitizer that found outside the room to maintain the hygiene, Ji Hyo re-enter the room. The feeling of happy, surprise and excitement all jumble up, rashly she grab to his body and give him a warm hug forgot his wound at the chest due to his operation.

“Ouch” he yelps in pain which make the woman on top of him surprise and instantaneously unleash the hug. Tears of happiness already appear in her. Questing the woman with him, he eyes her face in curious. “Angle?”

“Angle you are here? You’re angle right?” he asks keep staring to her unbelief in what he had seen. Slowly his hand hold to her face and wipe her tears. Feeling familiar with the face, he closed his eyes in feeling her while try hard to regain his memory.

“Jong Kook Oppa… Kookie Oppa” she said seeing the gesture of him; a little sadness comes in her since she predicts what she might think would be happen even though she had prepared for this possibility. ‘He won’t remember me anymore’. Hold back his hand on her face, her tears keep flows and slowly falls to his.

Feels the water in his hand, Jong Kook open his eyes. With his sweet smile, he wipes again her tears and say “Don’t cry my angle, don’t cry. You know I don’t like to see you cry… please don’t cry… Sung… Im. Saranghanda” bluntly he said derived from his memory.

Hears the word from him feels shocks with it, the tears in her eyes become more intense. “Shhh…why you cry?” he asks but only received the shake in her while wipe her own tears with her warm smile. Didn’t say much eyeing each other and know the desire in them, slowly her face that still in his hold come closer to him and she press her lip to him. Having a light kiss at first slowly they continue with their deep and passionate in unleash the desire and want to each other. Long they had be in the state before she realize she should inform the others of his conscious.

Said her excuse to him to go outside for making her phone call he nods give permission. Exit the unit she glare to her watch that show 7 a.m, she grabs her mobile from her pocket to tell her subordinate and Seong Jin regarding his condition. Read a simple message from Seong Jin regarding his arrived and leave she feels touch with his thought.  Once she finishes and enter back the unit the Doctor already at the room do his check up towards him and knows she can’t interrupt, she sits at the bench outside.

“How his condition Doctor?” she ask once the Doctor leave the room.

“His condition getting more stable now, we will transfer him to the general ward by this afternoon. He is in the state of recovery, there also his memory. For now don’t give him so much pressure. We will have his further check up later”

Gave her gesture to the Doctor, she walks back to his room but the condition of him surprise her. He looks afraid and sigh relieve once seeing her, held his hand towards her he pulls her to his hug. “Hey where had you been? Don’t leave me… I’m scare”  

“Oppa, didn’t I already told you I went outside for a phone call before”

“Did you?  I can’t remember… but Angle don’t lets that monster enter here again, I’m afraid. I think he wants to take me from you”

“Oppa, he is your Doctor. He the one who save you” she reply blank with his act.

“But Angle may I know your name? Who are you to me?” he keeps questioning make her in query.