Chapter 5

Fadeless Memory

It’s a lovely Spring Sunday morning; the air was warm as the fine weather as, the sound of birds chipping like singing blissfully can be heard and the hardworking bees like always still busy gather the honey for their queen. In this blissful day, with an earphone on his head Jong Kook jog alone along the roadside, didn’t care the entire vehicle that runs like a stream on the road he just having fun doing his hobby. Sometimes he will skip a bit endure the puddle leave by the rain last night.

Splash

Suddenly he feels wet on his cloth due to the splash happen by a car that hit the puddle on the road. With the shock and rage he shout and looking at the car which stop at the roadside.

 

Ji Hyo is driving alone heading for her meeting that she had promises in finding the clue for her mission. In her drive she can see the nice view of the big tree along the roadside and from a far she can see one man having his jog alone.

Ring…ring…ring….ring…

A phone call appears shock her and rashly she search her mobile inside the bag didn’t realize the puddle on the road that she had hit to. “Omo” surprise with the current accident she glance at the side mirror where she can see the jog man drench and shout to her angrily. Feels guilty she stop her car at the roadside, exit her car and walks towards the man.

 

“Yah! How you drive, can’t you see the puddle there?!” piss off with the driver in rage Jong Kook scolds her once she arrived at his standing. But the woman in front of him just keeps bowing to him while saying her apologizes. “You think with apologize can make me forget your mistake? How about my cloth?” but the woman in front of him just remains silent and showing her sad face make him become more piss off with her act. “Are you deaf?! I said what you gonna do with my cloth?!!”

“Sorry Sir if I can I would buy you another cloth but I’ve meeting now. Here some money, you can buy it for yourself" take the money inside her bag, she give it to the man before she leave the place after give her last bow since she already late for the meeting.

 

*****

 

It’s almost one hour Ji Hyo inside the bathroom doing the laundry with her smirk face. Sometime she babbling in temper while wash hard the cloth in her hand. “That stupid arrogant jerk”

**Flashback**

“Yah! How could you just leave like that” the man run to her and stop her from continue her walks. “You think with money can solve everything?!” he continue his talks, the anger really can be seen in his face while return back the money.

“So what you want me to do?” Ji Hyo can’t endure her patient anymore, ask back but towards her surprise the man the sweat shirt that he wears that make she closed her eyes.  “Are you gonna strip in here, you ert”

“I want you to wash my shirt and bring it back to me tomorrow here sharp at 6.00 a.m”. In shame slowly Ji Hyo open her eyes afraid she might see something that she already delusion in her mind.  She chuckle to herself in thinking her stupid mind after seeing the man in front of her who wearing a piece of singlet while his hand lend his sweat shirt to her. Hesitate at first, she then take the cloth since she didn’t have any option as she is guilty.

“Hey miss remember tomorrow here, don’t be late. One more use hand wash, no washing machine” the man said before he continue his jog and leave her in puzzled face. 

**end of flashback**

 

******

 

The next morning, Ji Hyo with her smart uniform takes an elevator and heading to the top level of the building. After get her permission, she enter the room where she can see the Commissioner General titled stated at the plank hanging on the door. “Sir, I’m Inspector Cheon Sung Im come to report” with a salute she says in her first greeting, but the reply that she received by the Commissioner General really shock her. “You don’t have to shock Inspector Song Ji Hyo-shi, beside you three I also know regarding your secret, I help because of your father”

After the greeting, Ji Hyo walks to her department and being introduces to the Chief of Division. With one phone call, a knock appear on the door and one man enter the room.

“You!!”