Chapter 35 (Part 2)

Fadeless Memory

**Story of 18 years ago**

20 years old Seong Jin enters his father’s office with the sullen face after attended the private meeting with his father and a lawyer a while ago. Anger and frustrated with the meeting, he excuse pretended went to the wash room but actually he walked to the elevator wanted to escape from the meeting and back to his office. Although he is the son of JMY Industry among the successful company in Korea in textile firm, as part of learning he was assign to the production team at the Head Quarters that stress him much. For the person with the mission to control the company never he agree with his father decision but after attending the meeting he knows his mission hard to be successful.

‘The company share will be divided as follows – Lee Young Jin; the CEO holds 50% of the share, followed by Choy Nam Seon holds 20%, Lee Seong Jin 15% and Kim Jong Kook 15%. Since Kim Jong Kook still underage so his share will be behold to the CEO until he is reach 20 years age’

Hearing his step mother and adopted brother name among the shareholder scare him much; he feels unsecure towards his position and afraid he might lost to Jong Kook. Thinking of his father attention to the brother and his bad relationship with his step mother makes him more shutters. The jealousy and grudge towards the kid become intense but it more when he reads the will of the father.

On his walks to the elevator he passed by to his father office and something like a magnet attracted him to enter the room. The luxury room that always been in his dream still amazed him although he can’t count the time he had been here. He scanned the entire room and his eyes caught to his father plank on the desk and he smile once his imagine of his name at the plak and himself sit at the desk. In his delightful he walks to the desk when one fax received at the machine that totally shrunk all his delusional before. He knew the will and the sudden meetings that he attend before due to his father afraid of his safety but never he expect the outcome will be like this. In his mind when he blackmailed his father, the elder will afraid and pointed him to the good position at the company but its way much different.

 

*******

 

Lee Young Jin stun once he enter his room to see his son, Seong Jin there with the smirk on his face. The young man’s hand holds a sheet a paper which he refers to in his talk. “What all this Appa?”

Know the contents of the document that his son talks about, the elder walks to the couch nearest with guilty face, his action had been caught by his own son -  the person that he wants to hinder it the most. As a father he can sense the jealousy of his son to Jong Kook, sometimes he can sense the expression in the way his son looks to the youngest but he never care about that since he taught it’s just his feelings. But he never expected his instinct is true once he found the young man’s diary at his room last week.

“I just wants to place it back to the right position… it’s should be like this from the beginning” in slow voice he speaks to the anger man in front of him hoping that the young man acknowledge his intention. The guilt of his backstab to his best friend still torturing in his mind and only this way he can thinks although it’s might abandon his own flesh. “This company…this company belongs to his father. I backstab him before, Seong Jin mianhe, I hope you can understand”

“Maybe you never know but this company originally was founded by his father, Kim Jong Mun and he invited me; his best friend to join venture with him in order to helps me who was jobless during the time. But, I’m greedy without he acknowledge I backstab him which leads him to leave this company and the guilty of my past keeps torturing in me”

“So that why you make this will? What the reason you enter me into this company and give me the share when all this time in your mind that stupid kiddo will be the CEO of this company. Without any harsh or work hard he already secured to be CEO! Appa, change this will now or else you gonna see what I might do to him!!”

“Mianhe son, I can’t… please don’t do anything to him. If you want to put blame place it to me”

“Ahhhh!!! You just wait what I gonna do… you bastard!!”

With that warning Seong Jin leaves the room leaving the old man in guilt. He knows something might be happen and in his frustration towards his son attitude he walks to his desk and write a letter to Jong Kook and his friend; Song Jung Woo. To his friend he calls for a meet up but due to their hectic life never ever they had chance to meet until the day of the tragedy that happen three days after the quarrel.

“Looks for a letter at my desk at office and take care of my family especially…” he unable to speaks his last words to his friend but might be God wanna helps the helpless man after his death his secretary found the letter and pass to the rightful owner.

 

*****

 

After stabs his own father in afraid Seong Jin runs from the crime scene but only a while when his grudge towards the kid come to his mind. So, in his anger he returns back to the house where from afar he found one man brings his Omma to his car and escape in the deep black night. Rashly he walks enter the house didn’t bother of his death father at the floor as his revenge keeps touting him. He walks to Jong Kook’s room which the little kid sleep peacefully at his bed. With a smirk on his face he grabs to the pillow next to boy but suddenly the loud sound of the thunder strike wakes the little boy from his dream.

The kid with the astraphobia wakes up once he heard the thunder but seeing his brother at his bed glades and less his afraid. The loud of the thunder keeps strike outside so helplessly he hugs his brother in getting his comfort didn’t know the intention of the brother. But looking to the helpless kid and his cry reverse Seong Jin intention while the other plans caught in his mind.

“Jong Kook-ah hurry we must escape from this house, Appa already death while Omma is missing. I afraid the person will come again to kill us” his word makes the little kids cry become intense as soon he heard the words die. “Hyung, don’t leave me”

“Hurry Jong Kook-ah, hurry” packing his brother belonging he said while seeing the little brother still crying at his bed. For him he must act fast before the police come, the afraid of his crime still there in his mind. Leave his brother to packs his own belonging, Seong Jin walks to his room to packs his own and also to get rids of any evidence. He walks to his parent’s room to take the mother belonging then he walks to the entire house and grabs the family picture and intentionally left an old picture of him with his parents during the eldest wedding. In his mind, he wanted to put the blame to his step mother  where is the mother kills her own husband and then run with her children.

With the luggage at his hand Seong Jin walks back to his brother’s room where he found the twelve years old kid already done with his packing and change his cloth. Asks the brother to followed him, together they leave the house from the backyard with the black car that he stole before. In a rush he drives until reaches the city of Seoul where he abandon the stolen car at the dark alley together with the innocent little brother inside the car. “I go for a while to buy our breakfast, you just wait here. I’ll come back soon” the lied that he said to the young boy but never he come back to the place again in his wish the boy will be die in miserable way. At outside the sound of thunder still can be heard from afar.

 

*****

“Yes, I kill Appa and then I abandon you at the dark alley in hope you will die in a miserable way, die in hunger and thirst, but you manage to survive. How I wish I could turn backs the time and kills you”

“When I arrange the plans I never taught that the police will stops Appa’s case due to lack of evidence. Omma missing and also that man who takes Omma away. But I didn’t taught that Appa had another plan in his mind, since Omma and you missing after a year as the left shareholder I go back to the company to claim my right and be the owner of the company but I can’t. Appa never trusted me, since you as the right owner still underage he had pointed his lawyer as his trustee until you come and claims your right. I know there no other choice for me except to kill you. For years I had search you until one day I found a news about you in the newspaper after you solved that big cases”

“In order to see your ability I even had kills two clan leader that had killed my best friend. I feel like my wishes had come true once you’re the person that handle my case even been shot during the mission but I never expect you still survived”

“But now my dreams will be come true, you will be die and all Appa’s wealth will be belongs to me. Say goodbye Jong Kook-ah...HAHAHAHA” in his harsh sound he said while points the gun to his brother forehead.

 

The detective in his calm and afraid closed his eyes surrender with the fate that the God already write in himself. He knows whatever he said will never change his brother intention, moreover he feels thankful to the God who keeps save him from the death and allows him to live until now. 30 years he had live in this world, lots of memory he had received. Pain, sad, love, miss – he had feels all of that but thinking of his lover; Ji Hyo sad him. ‘Goodbye Ji Hyo-yah, if I had a second life how I wish we can meet again’

The entire memory of him and Ji Hyo comes to his mind. The beautiful face of her, the way she talks and laugh, her rebuke and sulky, her cuddle and her kiss that he likes. How he regret he can’t see her at his last time.

 

Far in one place, without Jong Kook know Inspector Song Ji Hyo with Inspector Kang Gary had followed him from the tracking that she had place at his car last night. Their last conversation yesterday keeps recalls in her mind. ‘Ji Hyo-yah, I want you to know only you in my heart even until my last breath… If I died I will bring along our memory together. Sorry our dream to be together might be won’t be reality but please one things I wish from you… even if I never be in this world anymore I hope you will be always happy. Don’t cries keep smiling and found someone that can cherish you’

Worried comes to her once she heard his word so rashly she drive to Gary’s place to seek help from him. Together they drive to the Detective place where she hides the tracker at his car and waits for him outside the building. But, the sleepiness caught them and once they wake up the man already left his house and the bad traffic troubling their mission. Based on the tracking they search for him in hope for his safety also they never late to rescue him if anything happen.

“Gary Oppa , I hope we never be late”

*****

 

“Said your last wish Jong Kook-ah”

“I’m sorry Hyung” he said and a tear drop from his eyes. In his calm he gulp his own saliva and takes a long breath once he can feels the movement of the hand in front of him. The long breath and might be his last breath at this world. ‘Good bye Miss Crime, good bye Sung Im-ah, good bye my angel, good bye my love, good bye Ji Hyo-yah… Saranghanda’

BANG…!!! BANG!!!

“Oppa!!!!”

 

In her eyes she saw the man drops from his place.

‘Saranghanda Ji Hyo-yah…’ his voice keeps recall in her mind.

‘Oppa I hope I never be late….’

…………

…………

‘Does I’m late….??'

 

p/s : The story to be end... next is the final chapter.