Chapter 12

Fadeless Memory

“Never mind, I have her picture” Joong Ki said and take out his mobile phone. Slide a little in his smart phone, he search for the gallery and his sister picture. “This is her” he say while show it to Jong Kook.

Suddenly Jong Kook’s mobile ringing when he is about to see the picture. He crinkles his forehead a bit when seeing the unknown identity before he push the green button. “Hello?”. After a minute answering the phone, he gets up from his sit “Sorry I need to go now, something just pop up. Kwang Soo-ah thanks for the meal”

In his walk heading to his car at the park, suddenly he bumps with one man at the shoulder. “Sorry” the man said before he continues his walk but Jong Kook just standing numb astonish in seeing the man’s face. “Seong Jin Hyung?!” he calls and the man stop his walk and turn back his head facing him.

The unexpected meeting really a happy moment in Jong Kook even without hesitate he runs to the man and give him a warm hug. A wide smile can be seen in his face. “Hyung, where have you been?”

“Hey Jong Kook-ah, stop it. I don’t want people think we are gay here” they unleash the hug and laugh hard to each other. “Wow Jong Kook-ah you really has turn to a great man, with your muscle here” Seong Jin said while looking at the perfect body of him. It’s really long they didn’t meet each other, the last time are when Joong Kook still in his elementary school.

“No hyung, you also looks great” in shame Joong Kook reply and point to the bicep that the man have. “By the way Hyung, I’m on the way to some place. If you don’t mind can you follow me?” and Seong Jin just nodded replying him.

Inside Jong Kook’s car, they have a long chit chat related to their life since its 18 years they didn’t meet to each other. Sometimes also they will laugh to each other when remembered their memory together during their childhood. Seong Jin who is 8 years older than Jong Kook sometimes praise to him in seeing the perfect live Jong Kook have now. “Jong Kook-ah how lucky your life are; have a nice job, wealth, look at this luxury car you have. So how about partner, have you married?”

Chuckle a bit shame with his brother question, Jong Kook just shake his head “I think I not quite lucky with girl. How about you Hyung?”

“Hahaha I think both of us have no luck with woman. I have married once but already divorced” and both of them laugh hard for the answer.

After 25 minutes drive, Jong Kook arrives at the workshop. Then he gets out from the car he walks and meets the mechanic while his brother just waits at the car. Nod a bit after checks the condition of the car; he then walks back to his car after pay the payment. “Hyung I need to send that car to my friend, can you drive mine?” he said while pointed to the blue car at the workshop.

“Okay but why you didn’t ask your friend to take in by himself.  Jong Kook-ah it’s really a friend or a girlfriend?” Seong Jin asks when he fine some suspicious with Jong Kook act, for him if the car really belongs to his friend why need for him to care even without hesitate pay for the repair fee. And Jong Kook just smile shyly to his brother before he answer “I don’t have her number”

 

******

 

Ting…tong…ting….tong…

Jook Kook press the bell button on the gate and not soon after Ji Hyo’s voice can be heard from the speaker. “Miss Crime I come to send back your car”.

Ji Hyo blush a bit after seeing Jong Kook’s face on the screen “Kookie Oppa come”.  Glaring herself at the mirror, brush a bit her hair with her finger she then exit her home. She can feels her heart throbbing and she really assure that she already has feelings to this man. This man has opens her heart for love. With her sweet smile and sigh a bit to release her emotion she opens the gate and welcomes him to enter her house.

“It’s okay I on rush, after this I need to send my brother to his home. Here your car key” Jong Kook reply in humble and was about to walks back to his car when suddenly his brother come towards them.

“Why need to rush Jong Kook-ah, my home didn’t have leg to run. Hello Miss, I’m Seong Jin his brother, is the offer still valid?” with his warm smile Seong Jin greeted while held his hand for a hand shake. “Are you really only his friend, not his girlfriend?” he continues ask brings the blush in Ji Hyo before she greets him back and allows them to enter the house. 

“I think betters if we just waits here” Jong Kook said and walks to the patio nearby at the grand yard. For him it’s not nice for them to enter her house since both of him and Ji Hyo is just a normal friend. ‘A friend’ he question a bit in the words. ‘Can both of us claim ourselves as a friend with the bickering and hated we have in each other? Isn’t we are an enemy but why nowadays we seem closed to each other? Nahh we are not friend but just co-worker. She also would not think me as a friend also’

Respect his decision Ji Hyo excuse herself to enter her house and walks to the kitchen in preparing tea for them.  Even though she feels a little disappointed but she more to glades that he willing to wait; thanks to his brother disruption. Despite preparing the tea, she also serves the apple and oranges from the refrigerator also some cracker to them. Whilst preparing the tea, she remember well how she feels sad this morning when she can’t serve breakfast to him; somewhat she feels relieve she still able to do it now. She smile a bit in thinking how lucky her life been and she feels thankful to God for giving the opportunity.

“D.S Kim-shi, emmm Seong Jin-shi please have a drink” she said to both brothers while placing the meal in fronts them before she takes her sit opposite to Jong Kook. Sitting facing him in the narrow gap between them; she can feels the butterflies dancing in her stomach now. Her eyes keep watching the man while in the same time chit chat with his friendly brother ; didn’t notice the brother glances to her did with a smile in his face.

“Sung Im-shi do you have boyfriend?” sudden question by Seong Jin shock Ji Hyo until she almost spill the tea inside . Steal a glance at Jong Kook to see his expression, Ji Hyo just shake her head in blush. “So if you think to search for boyfriend there someone available here. I sure you will like him a lot” jokingly Seong Jin say while glance to Jong Kook a bit before he whisper to Ji Hyo “But he is quite shy against woman”

“Hyung what are you talking about” Jong Kook snap after hears the word from his brother. “Miss Crime sorry for my brother craziness, he likes to joke around”

“Miss Crime? Oh now both of you have nickname to each other. So what you call him Sung Im-shi, emmm lets me guess. Mr. Muscle maybe or since woman likes something cute Mr. Teddy?” Seong Jin continues his tease and Ji Hyo just chuckle happily. “Hyung…”

“Why you need to rebuke Jong Kook-ah, I’m not saying about you. I’m also available here. Sung Im-shi we can be friend right? Can I have your phone number?”

Jong Kook was about to exit the house when suddenly his brother blurted out that his stomach feels funny and he needs a washroom.  After gets the permission and direction from Ji Hyo, Seong Jin enter the house and leave the couple outside with his intention as he just make a story about going to washroom. Inside her house, he loiters around the living room and sees the family picture of her. A small smile draws in his face.

The two couple who is outside just awkwardly sits at their place. Sometimes without each other notice both of them peeking to each other. Suddenly for them the place become hot and they can feel the rush in their adrenaline.

“Why suddenly so quite here? Sung Im-shi are you stays alone?” Seong Jin voice at the door shocks them. “No, I live with my Appa and brother, but they going out now”

“Miss Crime, I think we need to go first. Thanks for the meal” in humble Jong Kook said once he walks to his car while Ji Hyo just nodded shyly as she accompany them to the car. “Thank you for the car”. Out of nowhere suddenly Seong Jin burst a laugh in seeing the couple act “Hahaha why I feel like watching the romantic drama now? Why don’t both of you just have a goodbye kiss”

“Hyung….” The redness can be seen in their face.

 

******

 

After Jong Kook and his brother leave her house Ji Hyo lays herself on the bed. In her mind keep reminiscences their meeting before and Jong Kook’s face. She feels a little sad when thinking Jong Kook’s expression in his brother question related boyfriend to her and also his acts towards his brother tease. Actually when she gives her mobile number to his brother, in her mind she hopes that he also would ask her number as well but he just keep remain silent in his sit didn’t budge even a bit. “Didn’t he like me? Did he really hate me?”

She can feel a watery in her eyes when suddenly her mobile ringing and one message notification appear on the screen. Take the mobile push some button on the screen she smiles in thankful when reading the message.

Sung Im-shi, here Jong Kook's number. Maybe it’s take a time since he is shy towards woman but I know from his gesture he likes you, if not why he would care about your car even he willingly send the cars to you himself and didn’t want to receive the payment from you. Might be he didn’t know well his feeling. Be patient and good luck to you then.

 

******

 

Jong Kook drives alone on the clear road after sending his brother to the nearest station. Actually he really wants to send his brother to his house but his brother keep insist just to send him at the nearest station instead. Can’t say much unwillingly he agrees with his brother request.

In his drive Jong Kook keeps thinking the conversation between his brother and Sung Im before. “Sung Im-shi do you have boyfriend?” this question keep dancing in his mind and he unknown why he also feels excited to hear her answer during that time but luckily he can cover it with his do-I-care-about-it expression. Still he remember how he feels relieve when she shake her head in answering the question and he feels shame in his brother teasing. Didn’t know why he thinks his brother likes referring him in his teasing; he dislikes it but at the same time he feels he likes it. That why he sneer a bit to his brother in a way of protest him and also his own feeling. When she gives her mobile number to his brother, somewhat he feels jealous and he also wanted her number too. “Why I become like this?” he asking while his mind remembered her face, laugh and smile.

Along his drive to his home, Jong Kook stops at the nearest mart for groceries since his necessity at home almost finish. Push the trolley he looks enjoyable in his shopping; sometimes he will fish around the goods in choosing the quality one. Whilst in his shops suddenly he notice one familiar woman at the counter make him stun in his standing. “Omma”

Like been take his mother by surprise, Jong Kook just watch his mother from afar make a payment at the counter before she exit the mart with a young man who already waits her at the end of the counter. He knows well the young man, its Lee Kwang Soo. 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi all my dear readers. Another update from me before I shut my eyes and go to sleep, it's 1.50 a.m now, tomorrow need to go work.

I think this is the longest chapter I had done so far, with the appearance of new character; Jong Kook's brother. He seem like a matchmaker towards our couple right?

But, who is Seong Jin in Jong Kook's life? Who is the woman with Kwang Soo that he calls Omma? (his real mother had died right). What you all thought regarding this two character in his life... can u guess it before I reveal Jong Kook's history life in the next chapter.

 

As always leave your comment or anything to me, you also can share your thought here - I really like to read your thinking. I know my readers are all brilliant.

Till now... Good night ^^. Hope you like my update and thanks for your time reading my story.