Chapter 25

Fadeless Memory

“Jagiya…. What you have in here?” she nags to her boyfriend while scans to the nearly empty refrigerator and cabinet at the kitchen. The groceries at the kitchen almost finish – only some vegetable and poultry left; there also the rice inside the dispenser.

“Uhhh… what I gonna cook now? So hungry” she keeps complaining but the man just remains silent.

The silent man who sit at the dining table takes a peek to the kneel woman in front the refrigerator. A smile draw in his face – feels funny with her attitude. “Still hungry, didn’t you have eat before?” 

“Mwuh? It’s breakfast Oppa, now it’s lunch time. Don’t you feels hungry?” she reply in rebuke while turn her head to the watch nearest. The hand of the watch that they glances almost point to 1.00 p.m but yet they taking their meal makes the grumpy stomach whistle a sign sound.

“Really? Didn’t you just eat earlier at room? I saw it” in his poker face he keeps accusing her, like to see the woman in that state. Somewhat he found that she rather cute when angry.

Hearing that she rises herself with the hand on her hips, in angry tone she chews out:

“When? What did I eat?” But only the simple reply of “me” she received brings the silent. A spot of color came into her cheeks in thinking her act towards him before – she as like as a wild cat in their hunting season. A chuckle hears from intentionally she done to ease her feelings, also when some naughty thinking pop out in her mind.

“Yeah, why need I search for the food when it’s already in front?” in smirk seductively she points her index finger to him “Hey Kookie Monster, come here”

“Oh my, the vampiree has call. Where the garlic?”

“Hahahaha… I gonna eat you” laughs like a ghost she runs try to catch him who already hiding at the dining table.

“Weekkk… no you can’t” he pouts and keep running around the table escape from the woman. They keeps chase each other until the woman stop due to exhausted.

“Stop…Jagiya, stop…” she places herself at the dining chair. Harsh breath can be heard in her.

Perceived her condition, he takes the glass and water inside the refrigerator and gives to her. He takes one for himself too and sits beside her. Like gluttonous she drink the water to get rid the thirsty and received the chortle by him in seeing her condition.

“Love, let just eat outside and then we can go shopping” he give the offer brings the smile in the woman. Give a slight kiss to his cheek, rashly she run leaving him alone.

“Jagiya, I want buys a lot today. Prepare yourself!” from a far he heard the woman said as she exits the kitchen and slowly disappear to the bedroom getting prepare.

 

 

The two of them now at the mall pushes the trolley together while fish around for quality product to be buy. Earlier before they had their lunch at Sushi King. The groceries inside the trolley almost full with her belongings which half of it are snack and junk food.

“Love it’s not healthy to eat all this things” he try to comprehend his girl but she ignore his say and continue her shopping, added more and more snacks into the trolley. Without her knowing secretly he take out the junk food, leave a little inside and continue to push the trolley following her from behind.

“Oppa, where is the snacks that I choose before? Why only this left?” she asks when they at the counter.

“Emmm… I don’t know. Might be they go out themselves from the trolley; scare to be eaten by the vampire”

Flustered with her boyfriend, she pinches him hard at his waist make the man yelp a little. “Oppa…”

“Oh no, the vampire had turn into crab now” jokingly he said in controlling the pain at his waist brings the giggle to the cashier looking to the couple act. “Sorry ya… this girl dream is to be an actress…” he continue his tease and whisper to the cashier before they leave the counter.

Still with the trolley, they loiter around the malls going from one shop to another. Ji Hyo who still mad with her boyfriend walks fast in front of him even didn’t bother to stop her walks when he callings and ignore him when he talks. A sulky appear in her face.

A guilty man that following her from behind stops at the florist nearest wants to buy flower to the sulky woman; his woman. Choose the bouquet of red roses he walks back to the shops that she went earlier but the woman nowhere to be seen. Panic he exits the shop and searches the entire mall, from one shop to another he goes but still unfound. Fear in thinking she had leaves him, he stop at the end corner of the buildings hidden behind the walls unleash his sorrow there.

The woman in the shop went out from the changing room with the pair of new dress on her body want to shows it to her boyfriend. Let’s go of her sulkiness, feels pity towards him as she know he did it for her health and thinking the man still waits her outside she blurt out once exit the room: “Oppa, how about…” Unfortunately her man not there as much as she has expected.

Freak out and wonder with her boyfriend where about, she changes back her cloths and started her searching. From one shop to another she goes, from one person to another she asks with the picture of him from her mobile but all the denial answer she received. Feelings stupid due her act before, she tries to call him but the ringing and his mobile in her handbag caught her sight make her into dumb folded. “What I gonna do, Jagiya where are you?”

 

‘Calling for Kim Jong Kook-shi, please come to Customer Service Counter at Level 2…’

It’s been almost 40 minutes since the first announcement publics at the mall and Ji Hyo waited at the counter but the man still didn’t appear. Nervous, guilt and sad all mixed up that can be seen in her face in thinking of her missing boyfriend. “Can you please announce it another time? Might be he didn’t hear it” she pledging the kind Officer but a shake she received from her. “Sorry Miss, we can’t we already announce it 5 times, it’s our policy”. Understand the situation, silently she sit at the chair while pray hard for the man will be appear soon.

Her solemn face has caught attention of one worker. “Miss, are you looking for someone?” A simple yes replies she give but rashly she run once hears the words from the lady after giving her thankful bow. ‘While I cleaning before, I saw one man sitting alone at the end corner of Level 1, hidden behind the wall…’ continually she recall the words in her mind while praying hard the man that the worker had seen is her man. And yes like a miracle that has happen she smile in relieves to see Jong Kook there.

Slowly she walks beside the man who sitting silently at the floor with his head leans on his knee. A slow move can be seen at his shoulder due to his breath a sign that the man is in his sleep. The trolley that he had brought before still there beside him and she can see the bouquet of roses inside. Without disturbing the sleep man, slowly she takes her sit and deeply stares to the beloved beside her. Guilty come in her mind in thinking how selfish she was and how pitiful the man was. She knows he must be tired after search her around the place and she well knows how afraid he must be during that time. She regrets herself to be a bad girlfriend in making him in this state although she knows how his condition was and how phobia he was in missing his beloved one. She knows he must be crying in afraid before his sleep.

‘Even though he can’t remember well what happen at present but he completely remember what happen in his childhood. Seem his past not really in a good phase that might pressure him a bit so the support from his closest are important, due to this also sometimes his attitude can be a little childish’ still she remember his Doctor said during his checkup at the hospital make she feels more guilty in thinking her secret to him. “Jagiya, I’m sorry….” And a tear drop from her eyes, a little at first but come into a sober while she wrap him into her embrace.

“Hey Love, why you crying?” being disturb by her hug the man asks once he awake.

“No, I just happy to see you again” wipe her own tears in smile she reply.

“Eh, why I sleep here? What had happen before?”

Without replying she pulls him again into her embrace and give a slightly kiss into his head. “Let’s go home Jagiya”