Chapter 15

Fadeless Memory

“Sorry to involve you into this case, frankly say I don’t know how long it will be solved. So, if you feel stress and can’t continue or you didn’t like in my way you can leave Inspector”

“No D.S Kim, no I want to continue this case. I want to investigate it together with you; I like to be under your lead because… because I can’t leave you… ….and…and I love you”

Jong Kook jaw drop once hear the confession words from Ji Hyo. “Wha…” As he about to ask for her confirmation suddenly the helicopter arrived and Ji Hyo rashly runs leaving him still in his shock face.

Inside the helicopter both of them just sitting awkwardly, nothing come in both their mouth. Ji Hyo feels embarrassed in facing him. Seeing his expression before make she feels regret in saying the word; how she really wish to turn back the time. While in Jong Kook he still clueless in what he had heard before, he still unbelief in what he had heard. ‘She is joking right?’

As they arrived at Seoul still feels stupid with her past action as soon as the helicopter touch down the heliport at the peak of the building Ji Hyo exit and run to the elevator. In her run she heard Jong Kook calls her name, in hesitate she stop and faces the man.  “D.S Kim I go back first” she bowed and continue her walks to the elevator. Waiting for the elevator, nerve comes in her when she can see Jong Kook slowly come to the place; in impatience she keeps push the buttons “Please…please come fast”

Once the elevator arrives, immediately she enters and pushes the closed button but as about the door seems to be closed it reopens back and Jong Kook enter with his serious expression. “Hey, you should waits for me”

Inside the elevator, like before they just remains silent, Ji Hyo feels numb and she feels her heart would be going to explode any time. All she wanted is the elevator to moving fast and to leave the place, she can’t face him now. While the Detective just leans himself at the elevator wall behind her watching her act with his clueless expression. He wants to ask about her confession before but he feels hesitate, his mouth like being glue. After 5 minute the elevator stop at the ground floor and rashly Ji Hyo exit. Seeing her leaving, taking his strength Jong Kook run to her and holding to her arm to stop her. “We need to talk”

Still holding her arm, Jong Kook walks while drag her to the lobby. Afraid she might be run, he keeps holding her hands until Ji Hyo shake her hand in gesture for him to release her. “Release me, I won’t leave”. Just then he loses the grip as he can hear the serious in her tone. “What you want to talk about?” Ji Hyo asks even though she can predict what he wants to talk about.

Brush his hair and takes a sit at the crouch, Jong Kook feels reluctant to speak but looking to impatience in her additional with the time that getting late he brave himself. ‘All must be settled now’. Clutch his grip and take a deep breath he then blunts out his curiousness. “About your confession before, it’s true you love me?”

Even though she had predict the question by the man mouth, but Ji Hyo still feels surprise. She can feel the hardness in her breath now. Just remain in her standing, showing her serious expression in trying to holds her breath and emotion, instead of answering him she asking him back. “What you thinking about that? Did you believe it?” But deep down to her heart she keeps praying for him in believing her and he also has the same feelings towards her.

“I don’t know. I’m clueless. A part of me wants to believe but the others denied it, but…. But I know you just joking right? You want to get rid of my anger and stress. Hahaha thinking back how would you love me? Didn’t you hate me?  Hey, Miss Crime it’s true right, you are just joking?” Jong Kook tries to jock around and laugh but seeing her seriousness stops him.

“No, I not joke. What I say earlier is true, I did love you. How could you not believe in me? Because it is bizarre for a woman for making confession first?” Ji Hyo rebukes in hearing his answer, her heart that is throbbing before is aches now. She feels pain to hear his word. ‘Say you love me too Oppa, you love me too right?’

Shock with her words, Jong Kook staring at her to see her expression. He can see the sincerity in her face, guilty come to his mind in thinking his words before, in thinking he might had hurt her. “Really Sung Im-shi, you did love me…I’m..I’m ” he hesitate to continue his word since he also clueless in his feelings towards her. He does like her but he didn’t know it is love or just a like as a friend. He really doesn’t know and he feels stupid. Nervous come towards him.

“Hahahahaha…. You believe that?. Don’t worry I’m just joking” she burst her laugh and walks to him before she bent herself to be in the same height with him who is sitting. “Hehehe how could you believe it. By the way you look cute when you’re nervous Kookie Oppa. Got you” she said while scatters his precious hair before she turns her back and leaves the place. “Good bye, I going first” she waves her hand to him in showing her fake happy expression. From afar she can hear his chuckle and a tears drop from her eyes down to her cheeks before she wipe it with her hand. Inside her car, she burst her deep sorrow there.

“How come you don’t know Oppa”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Just a simple update from me but hoping you all like it.