Chapter 22

Fadeless Memory

Ji Hyo’s eye keep stare at the man sleeping peacefully on the bed. Sometimes she stretch and massage her own body to relieve all the pain. Since he being hospitalized, it’s such a hectic day for her but she never shift about it; for now all her wanted is for him to get well soonest. Since she knows he has nobody in his life except his adopted brother, she willing to sacrifice her time to take care of him. Still she remembers the day when he is in coma, how upside down her life had been, her tear keep flow afraid she might lose him. Even she didn’t budge to take her meal brings worried to her subordinate.

Just a while before, she just ended her call with her father. Actually since she take care of him, only once she go back home and it’s just only to take her belongings. To her father she seek for his understanding and permission. Even though she feels sorry to her worried father but his condition is more important to her. He is the one that had saves her life, he is the one that had stole her heart and thinking of losing him scatter her even she might follows him if he is died. Luckily he is save and still breathing but his condition make her in pain even though he getting stable. In her heart she keeps praying hard that he will be back like before and regain his memory soonest.

Take the note book beside him, she reads the content inside. This is the note book that he had requests her to buy along with the pen. A tear drop with her smile once she read the content in the first page of the note books – Cheon Sung Im also known as Miss Crime or Angle; the beautiful lady with big eyes, have a sweet smell like roses, like to rebuke and cry also a good kisser. The person that had give a joy, sorrow and happiness in me, make my heart throbbing, the person that I ever love and want to spend the rest of my life with and the person that I will remember forever. She is my lover, my girlfriend. I Love You.

Then she continues her read to the other page of the books where he had written all the description of the person that had visited him before – their subordinate except his adopted brother, Seong Jin. Sometimes the sentences are hanging or mistake in the spelling since he unable to find the suitable words. She knows deep inside his heart he feels sad with his condition now; she also knows well how pain he be when try to remember but he never care about this even had think for a way like this, since he know how bad his memory been. Thinking of this it shatters her tears.

“He is having a short term memory lost. He wills easily to forgot even it’s just happen there also in remembering” still she remember the Neurologist Doctor said during his check up. But luckily according to the Doctor, the diseased can be treated even though it will take time. “For now we will do the treatment to boost his memory and he may be refer to the psychologies to test his memory condition” the Neurologist continue her word. Knowing his own condition, she knows he is pain even though he pretends to be happy; sometimes she can sense his gloomy and cry. But he is not a Detective just by his name, he never give up even come up with the solution – a note book where he will write all the things he had done also the name of person he had meet.

Even though she knows he didn’t want her to worries about him, but still the worried come in her when thinking his condition when she leaves to work tomorrow. Will he be able to do all the things by himself, will the Doctor and Nurses looks to his condition as she know he would not seek help from them because of his afraid, how he will gets his treatment with psychologies, will he take his medicine – all the worried jumble up in her, thinking the man on her life. She try to contact Seong Jin for his help, but the man also has works to be done leave her no choice rather than trust in him and give him support from behind. Put back the books to his side, kiss his forehead she goes to the sleeper chair nearest and have her deep sleep there.

 

******

 

As early 7.30 a.m Ji Hyo already prepared herself to her office. Grab her own bag she goes to Jong Kook who still in sleep. Didn’t want to wake him up, she take the note book beside him and leave her message “Oppa, I go to Office now. If I can I want to bring you along with me, put you into my pocket. Take care of yourself, don’t forget to take your medicine and take a good rest. By lunch time, I will meet you again. Saranghae Oppa”.  Give a slightly kiss on his lip, she take back her bag and walks exit the room.

Thinking the condition of him she seems not focus in doing her job. She keeps glance to her watch, time feels like slowly crawling mocking her. The sound of thunder can be heard outside, together with the heavy downpour from the sky. Feels a little chill due to the rain, sleep headed come to her mind but the ringing from her mobile awaken her.

“Jong Kook Oppa, what had happen to you? I will come to you now” rashly she run to the Chief’s office in seeking permission after ended the call. Taking the umbrella in lightning speed she runs to her car. All on her mind is Jong Kook. “Oppa wait for me”

Arrived at the Hospital, park her car in immediate she runs to his room at the 10th floor. Panic can be seen in her face; the elevator seems moving slowly make she glare to her watch every second. As soon as she arrived at his room, his screaming can be heard echoes the surrounding, there also the voice of the nurses try to keep him calm.

“No!!! No!!! Don’t leave me… Omma don’t leave me…. Appa don’t leave me… Seung Im-ah don’t leave me!!....Don’t come near me! Don’t take me from them!!”

Seeing his condition, rashly she sit beside him who already shrunken himself at the end corner of the bed . “Oppa, I’m here. Jagiya…Love” she said while pull him into her hug but the man who still in his amok unrecognized her and keep struggle to be unleash. “Jagiya I’m here… I won’t leave you” coax her while still keep him in her hug.

Recognize her after a while, the struggle man tighten the hug. She can feel the wet on her chest due to his tear but she don’t mind about it even keep his back to give him comfort. “Sung Im-ah, love don’t leave me again”

“I won’t Oppa… I won’t” she replies while glance to the nurses to leave them together. “Jagiya, it’s okay now, they already leave” she keep coax and slowly the afraid man stop from his cry but still his muscular hand wrap around her slim body.

“Just take a rest Oppa, don’t think much” she said while try to move her body and pull him to lays on the bed. Once his back touch the mattress she try to get down from the bed, but the man still keep holds her waist. “Don’t go” his soft voice heard pledging her. Pity with his condition, she lay herself beside him even though feels a bit uncomfortable to fit their body on the small space of the single bed.

Perceived the uncomfortable she has, Jong Kook slowly moves a bit his body to give her space and pull her to his embrace making them share under one pillow. Returning back his hug, inside his tight embrace she place her hand around his waist. Soon, feels comfortable both of them falls asleep in each other embrace. Still, the sound of the thunder and rain can be heard outside.

 

*******

After an hour sleep Ji Hyo awake with a fresh on her body. The smile appear on her face once see the lovely prince sleeping beside her with his hand still hold to her waist. Without shaken afraid might awake him, slowly she move her body to her right side facing the man who in his left side position. An inch between each other she can feels the warm air on her face due to his breathing. Admiring him her hand brush to his silky hair and continue to play at his jaw line. Feels naughty she rubs to his eyebrow, down to his perfect nose until slowly to his thin lip that she like. Gulp her saliva a bit to calm her desire, she move her face closed to him when suddenly she heard one voice.

“Are you already awake Sung Im-ah?”

Shock with the voice and embarrassed with their position, in immediate she roses herself sit on the bed. Redness can be seen in her face when thinking her act before until no words come out to . She feels like a little kid who had being caught in thief.  

“What a lovely lovebird I ever seen. Sorry if I interrupt you before” the man keep talks.

Chuckle a bit to easiness her feelings, slowly she get down from the bed and sit at the chair next to her facing the man who sit opposite. “How long you had been here Seoung Jin Oppa?”

“Emm… I think around 5 minutes, long enough to see snuggle and lovey dovey act both of you. Anyway, congratulation Sung Im-ah, so can I call you sister in law?” tease the man make her face into tomato.

“What had happen to him?”

“I don’t know Oppa, while I’m at work suddenly I got a call from here told suddenly he scream and frighten. He really in afraid keep saying to not leave him” Ji Hyo replies

“During that time are there thunders outside?” ask the man and received a nod by her in her question face.

“I think his astraphobia is back” Seoung Jin answers. “Afraid of thunder and lightning” he continue his word once he saw her blank face.

“Oppa what had really happen to him before? He really afraid that I’m will leave him beside he also afraid to those doctor saying that they wants to take him from me” she ask while eyeing to the sleep man.

“Sung Im-ah, I think you already know that he is an orphan right?” Seoung Jin asks received a nod by her. “But you know how his parent died?” he ask again and received a simple ‘no’ reply by Ji Hyo.

“Actually his parents are died in a very tragic way. His father was killed by his mother in saving him from his father abuse and then his mother maybe feels guilty commit suicide by jump from their apartment. Both tragedies happen in front his eyes and he was only 5 years old. When we found him at the Hospital, he was cried hard saying the doctor had separated him from his parent”

“There also when his adopter father, I mean my father being killed and my mother went missing. Also when both us separated during our run. Don’t know if it is coincidence but all happen during the rain and the thunder striking outside”

“Mean all his beloved leave him during the thunder?” unbelief she asks back.

“Yup, that why he is afraid to lose you, beside now he at the hospital with the doctor around. It’s double torture to him. I think he really well remember his childhood memory”

“Yes Oppa, I think so that why he can recognize you. I will talk…" Can’t finish her talk suddenly Jong Kook’s voice appear calling her. “Sung Im-ah… Love…”

“Hahaha… your big baby calling you now” Seoung Jin tease while looking to his brother who keep chanting her name in his closed eye. While the woman rashly holds to his brother’s hand in telling her existence “Oppa… I’m here”

“I think better I leave first, my rest hour almost finish” the man said stand from his sit.

“Don’t you want to meet him first? I think he will wake up in any minute” she asks astonish.

“It’s okay beside I don’t want to disturb both of you” he reply while walks to the door.

As he was about to closed the door he added “Sung Im-ah, don’t forgot to lock the door and don’t make a loud voice when making it”

“Oppa!” and Seoung Jin leave with the red tomato in her face.