Date

Home Is In Your Eyes

It was a sunny Saturday morning. Heeyoung was still curling herself up under her blanket, not even caring about the weather. She was sleeping tightly.

"Heeyoung-ah." A voice called her, the person was patting her back slowly.

"Hm." Heeyoung mumbled. She didn't budge, not even opening her eyes.

"Heeyoung-ah, wake up." The voice ordered her. Heeyoung grunted. She could feel her body was being shaken.

"Go away!" Heeyoung grunted again, still not showing herself up from inside the blanket.

"Heeyoung-ah... It's half past 11 already." The voice told her again.

"WHAT?!" Heeyoung jerked right up. She found Changjo was sitting on the edge of her bed. He was the one waking her up. "Oh my God, Changjo! I'm sorry!"  She hugged him for a split second then hid herself again under the blanket.

"Wake up!! You're the one asking me to come at 11 yet you haven't even woken up!" He smacked Heeyoung with a pillow.

"I'm sleepy, Changjo-ya." Heeyoung muttered from inside her blanket.

"You're the one begging me to teach you first before we're going out!! Wake up, sleepyhead!" Changjo argued. Heeyoung didn't budge still.

"I don't want to." Heeyoung was being stubborn.

Changjo made a spot for him to lie himself beside Heeyoung. He hugged her tight from outside the blanket, making no room for Heeyoung to breathe inside the blanket. Heeyoung was startled by his hug. She lost her insanity for a split second. Changjo was still hugging her tight. It's good that my face is covered by the blanket. I'm so done if he saw my boiled up face. "Choi Changjo! Are you trying to kill me?!" Heeyoung shouted from inside the blanket, trying to get out.

Changjo released his hug. Heeyoung's head came out from inside the blanket. She glared at Changjo while inhaling deeply. Then she turned her back on Changjo and slept again. "Yah!" Changjo got up and pulled her blanket off.

Heeyoung screamed. "Choi Changjo, you're cruel!" She buried her face onto the pillow.

"Don't make me call the boys upstairs to use violence to wake you up." threatened Changjo.

Heeyoung sat right up again and got up for real. "Don't do that! Okay! I've got up now!"

"Come on, we must spend an hour to study first."

Heeyoung grinned teasingly at him. She was on her knees in a sudden. "Let's just hang out right away without studying first, please? Please! Please! Please!"

"Andwae." Changjo rejected. "Oh come on, it's Saturday! We should have some fun instead! Yes please? Please! Please!" Heeyoung stubbornly begged.

Changjo sighed. "Get up." Heeyoung didn't budge. She's showing her puppy eyes to Changjo. "I said get up." told Changjo cold heartedly.

"Not until you say yes." Heeyoung threatened.

"Fine! Yes, we're not studying for today. Now get up." Changjo lost.

Heeyoung smiled happily. "Choi Changjo, you're the best!" She kissed his cheek because of the excitement. Changjo was frozen at his place. He tried to act cool. Heeyoung stretched her palm, asking for a high five. "Whatever." Changjo pretending to high five her lazily. When actually deep inside, his heartbeats went wild.

******

They were in a restaurant for lunch then. Changjo kept his promise to treat Heeyoung. "I really kept my promise, didn't I?"

Heeyoung grinned. "Yeah. You should promise me treats more often." She teased.

"It's nothing for me." Changjo was bragging. "If only you promise to be happy everytime."

"I'd do anything for free food. I'm cheap, I know." She laughed. "No, I'm joking. Thanks a lot for the treat today!"

"You're welcome." He smiled.

"I'll treat you next time, for helping me with the lessons." promised Heeyoung. "But promise me you'll eat a lot!"

Changjo raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah! I promise!" Heeyoung promised once again. "I'm warning you, I really eat a lot." warned Changjo.

Heeyoung chuckled. "Challenge accepted. Eat as much as you want."

"Call." Changjo high fived Heeyoung.

The two were wandering around the busy downtown streets. It was packed by people since it was Saturday. They bought ice cream and played some arcade games at the game center. They were completely having fun that day, releasing all the stress they got from school life.

"Poor Ricky he couldn't join us." said Heeyoung as they were walking.

Well, actually I was the one telling him not to go, so I can spend the time only with you. Changjo held his laughter. "Yeah." His expression couldn't lie.

"What's so funny?" asked Heeyoung, noticing Changjo's expression.

"Uhm. Nothing. That poor kid must be swearing on us later." answered Changjo. "By the way, I haven't seen you with any girl friends."

Heeyoung laughed. "Why? You're looking for one?"

Why do I have to search for another one when I have one beside me? Well, not yet. Changjo was flustered. "What? No! I'm just wondering. Your friends are mostly boys."

"Not mostly, they really are all boys. I don't know, I've been having this problem since I was in the US. Ask Niel if you don't believe it. I'm not going along well with them. I haven't ever had a close girl friend."

"Really? Why?" Changjo curiously asked.

"Too much dramas, gossip, jealousy, hatred. In the end, they're all backstabbers. Not all the girls are like that actually." Heeyoung sighed. "But that doesn't mean being friends with boys didn't cause any dramas. At least, boys make less dramas. And they don't give a damn on others' life too much."

Changjo nodded. He wished that he wasn't the one who got friendzoned. "Have you ever had a boyfriend before Minsoo?"

Heeyoung smiled in bitterness. "Nope. He was my first." That guy was really lucky. He was her first one. The first one never leaves completely. He must have left some stains in her mind like forever. Changjo sighed. I was so close. That could be me. "When I was in the US, I was so close with Niel. Everyone thinks we're dating. We're like living in our very own world. We didn't care much about people." Heeyoung remembering her old days.

"It explained a lot. There's like an invisible bond between you and Niel. It must be hard for you back then when you moved here."

"I can't believe I went through those hell days. I thank God for meeting you guys." Just thinking about those days already giving her goosebumps.

We're meant for each other maybe. Just maybe. Changjo held her hand. "I'm glad to meet you too."

******

"Heeyoung-ah." Changjo stopped her. The girl glanced at him. "Let's sit here for a while." They're already at Heeyoung's apartment's park.

"Okay." Heeyoung agreed then had a seat on the nearest bench.

"Heeyoung-ah." Changjo called her again. Heeyoung didn't answer him. She looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "I... I may sound stubborn on this." Changjo was avoiding Heeyoung's gaze. He paused for a moment. "You've heard me saying this back then."

"What's this all about?" asked Heeyoung. Changjo held her hand as he looked at her in the eyes. "I've been waiting for you, Heeyoung-ah. I don't care what you might think about this, but... I... I think I'm really falling for you. You've rejected me in the past, it didn't make me give up right away. It makes me love you more. Just... I'm sorry, I can't stop loving you."

Heeyoung was frozen. She even thought Changjo could feel her cold hand he's holding. She didn't expect that to happen that fast. He really doesn't want to waste the chance. She was staring blankly at him. Changjo was still looking at her. "I ask you once again today. Would you please be my girlfriend? I'll do anything you ask me to. But please don't tell me to stop loving you. I just can't. I've tried." He bit his lip.

Heeyoung sighed. "I don't want to make you and others think that... That I only take you as a second option after Minsoo, as a back up. I don't want you and the others think that I took you right away because my relationship with Minsoo didn't work out, like I had no other choice. I've hurt you enough in the past. I don't want to hurt you more."

"That second option thingy has never ever crossed my mind. What I've been thinking is only how I can make you mine. Forget about the past. What you did to me has been making me stronger each days. I'm serious now, Heeyoung-ah. I don't give a damn about what others think. I love you. I really do." said Changjo. "I really want you to be my girlfriend. I want you, Heeyoung-ah. I want to see us as one."

Heeyoung moved her gaze onto her lap. She was thinking hard. She couldn't decide that easily after what happened to her lately. To be honest, she's still feeling traumatic from the misunderstanding she had with Minsoo. Moreover, he was still in her mind. She hadn't forgotten him completely yet. Even she wasn't sure she could. But on the other side, she couldn't deny the fact that she still loved Changjo, her first love. Yes, her first love. Even though he didn't make it to be her first boyfriend. She had started to open up her heart for him again. But she hadn't fully opened it yet. She still needed time. After all what happened between her and Minsoo, it made her thinks a lot on everything she had to choose.

"I may sound so desperate. I am. Chunji and Ricky are the witnesses of how desperate I've been. Ask them how wrecked I was when I accidentally saw you and Minsoo were kissing for the first time, when I had no idea that you guys were dating. Even before I bumped to you both outside the elevator. It hurt me more than ever. It's worse than getting rejected by you." told Changjo. "You said you love me back then. I want you to love me differently from now on. I really want us to love each other just like lovers do, more than just as bestfriends."

Heeyoung was jabbed by his words. He...knew by himself back then? "Changjo-ya.."

"I can't say another things. There are too many. I just don't know how to express my feelings for you anymore." added Changjo.

"Changjo-ya, listen to me." Heeyoung embraced his face. His eyes were teary. He's really desperate. He stared at her. "I... I can't decide this now. Give me some time to think. After what happened to me lately, I can't deal with these kind of things easily. I need some time to make sure. Please, let me think. I don't want to take wrong decisions again. I don't want to hurt you for the umpteenth time. Just please."

Changjo sighed. "For how long I have to wait? Again."

"Give me a week. I promise I'll meet you as soon after I decide. I'm really sorry you have to wait again. I.." Heeyoung's answer was being cut.

"Okay. I'll wait for you."

"Changjo-ya, I'm sorry..." Guilt covered her up.

Changjo forced a smile. "It's okay, I'm okay, really."

Heeyoung kissed his cheek lightly. "I promise."