Burning

Home Is In Your Eyes

Half of the student committee had been drowned into the talk for about an hour. Although it was an informal session, but still, it was the kind of talk that would make you frowned. Heeyoung's mind had wandered far away. Something bugged her so much. She let it go at the first place. But it's getting more serious there.

Get your damned hands off my boyfriend. Heeyoung wasn't actually one of those typical possessive girlfriends. But she has crossed the line. Look at her lovestruck gaze at him. She hissed.

Heeyoung got up and left the table. He doesn't even notice I'm leaving. She sighed. She went back to the place she belongs to for that day, her food stand. She got to make the committee's energizer on the busy day. Just some simple grilled sandwiches though. It's nothing for her. She'd rather grilling sandwiches than getting involved in the talk. She didn't understand why the heck the head committee asked her to join the talk. Well, if I got to choose, I'd rather grill her instead. Some people stopped by her stand to take their sandwiches then left again for their endless business that day. They're that busy until they didn't even get to exchange greetings with Heeyoung, the dejected cook.

The school festival outside had been started. The committee's room started being chaotic as well. People rushing here and there. But Heeyoung ignored them all. Unless that short bob cut haired with a model look-a-like body girl whom had been clinging around her boyfriend. Well, she had to admit that girl was prettier and more popular than her. She's the kind of girl every single man wanted to date. Afterall, she's a biatch for taking a chance on a taken guy.

Heeyoung couldn't stop eyeing the two. Just in case. I'm ready to slap her with my burning spatula. Jealousy really owned her. She trusted Changjo at first, but the trust was decreasing as time went by. She started doubting her own boyfriend knowing that he seemed okay with that biatch.

Later on, Heeyoung got sick of it. She saw too much from earlier that day. It started few weeks ago when they started working together for the festival. She had been using the chance to be around him like everytime. Nice try there, girl. Tsk. She broke her stare on the two then focused herself back on grilling the almost burnt sandwiches.

"You're face is as fiery as the grill you're using." Ricky was munching his sandwich in front of her.

Heeyoung shot a death glare at him. She was tired by the jealousy already to be honest. That biatch has been acting like that for weeks and it's getting worse I just can't. Gross. Her gaze on Ricky weakened.

Ricky patted her shoulder. "It's okay, Heeyoung-ah. Don't worry too much. he isn't those kind of guy. I have to go." He left without waiting her answer first.

The room was soon deserted as one by one leaving back to the venue. Heeyoung had done with her cooking. She was walking lifelessly heading back to the emptied committee's table.

"Don't forget to check on everything, okay? Call me through if you find any difficulties. See ya!"

Changjo smiled. "Okay." The girl left with a cheeky smile on her face.

What the. Her face was way too close to him. It's too close. I saw that through my own eyes. Amazingly Changjo didn't even look any tiny bit bothered by her actions so far! Ugh. I'm just so done!

Heeyoung approached him. He was checking on his phone that he didn't notice his girlfriend's coming towards him. Heeyoung grabbed his hand, dragging him to an empty spot in the room. The guy nagged a bit, startled by her sudden action. Heeyoung's expression was colder than ice. She just couldn't hide it anymore. She had enough.

Changjo who didn't know what's actually going on inside her, innocently chuckling and grinning at her. "Yah Heeyoung-ah, why are you-"

"Just break up with me first before going for her." The grin vanished right away from his face as he heard Heeyoung's sharp words.

The guy was completely flustered. "What? We? Breaking up? Her? What's this all about?"

"Don't play innocent." She scoffed. "I've had enough for the past weeks. I've seen everything. You just let that biatch clings around you everytime without even looking bothered although your girlfriend's around too."

He was badly confused. "Are you talking about Hana?"

"Who else do you think I'm talking about?"

He stared deep into her eyes. "Heeyoung-ah, nothing's going on between me and her. I've got you. I never have any intentions to cheat on you."

She hissed. "Oh, really? I'm so done, Changjo. Let's just break up so that you two could flirt freely at each other."

"For God sake, Heeyoung. Stop talking nonsense!!" He couldn't hold his frustration anymore.

"Nonsense you said? I've seen it all! She likes you! How come you didn't notice her flirty gaze towards you! Or do you actually enjoy it, huh?" She bursted everything out.

"Of course I noticed her actions towards me! I've got a fckin pair of eyes too!"

"But why are you not doing anything to stop her!"

"I'm just being professional! I won't do anything unless she crossed the line!"

"She did already! Put yourself in my shoes for once! It hurt me! You hurt me by your choice on not doing anything! You hurt me!" It's her loudest yell at him ever. Her tears flowed out. The two went silent. Changjo had nothing else to say. He was too upset yet confused with Heeyoung's tantrum. "Gah!! Just end it here. I'm tired by the jealousy. Let's just break up." Heeyoung grabbed her bag and walked away. Leaving Changjo mad at himself alone.

******

Heeyoung closed her eyes and let her tears streaming down her face as she leaned onto the window. She was on the deserted bus without bothering where the bus was taking her to. Am I being too harsh on him? But- Ugh. Screw it.

"Don't tell me that he just made you cry."

Heeyoung gulped. This is just another nightmare I have to face. She opened her eyes to find the seat beside her was no longer unoccupied. A guy she knew was sitting there with his arms crossed. "What do you mean?"

The guy hissed. "Do you really think I have no idea about you and Changjo?" He does? He really does? Ugh. She nodded weakly. "Come on." He dragged her off the bus.

Heeyoung followed him. She was still in shock by his sudden appearance. I really didn't expect this. The guy held her hand quite strong. I'm not running away, you fool.

"Oh! It's you again!" The shop owner greeted happily seeing them coming. The two bowed slightly to the elder. "Have a seat!" They went off after giving a nod to her.

The two were then sitting in silence. Heeyoung's mind had been busy convincing herself that it was just a dream. She was avoiding his deep stare at her.

"What has he done to you?" The guy finally broke the ice.

Heeyoung pinched her bridge. "Why are you doing this?"

"So it's all about him or not?" He interrogated her. Just like what he did back then. Here, in the same place.

******

"Bang Minsoo, stop." She demanded through her tired face.

"I let him have you now, but I will never let him hurt you!" Minsoo's tone raised.

Heeyoung's face begged him. "Just please. It's nothing."

"Nothing, you said?" Minsoo scoffed. "I know you, Heeyoung-ah. You won't cry until you hit your limit." She sighed, admitting that she had been defeated completely by his words. "When will you stop keeping in your problems? People care about you. Don't think-"

"We had a fight today. I asked him to break up. Enough?" She asked in sarcasm. He already got my cards, though.

Minsoo remained calm. "What happened between you two?"

Heeyoung was hesitating at first. But she couldn't hold it anymore. She spoiled it all out to him. He really got her trust there. She just hoped that she wouldn't regret it later.

Minsoo held her hand gently as he let out a small chuckle out of the blue. "Heeyoung-ah, I think your mind isn't in its right state now."

She frowned. "Nothing's funny in my explanation."

"Your jealousy is just too much." He's still laughing. "From his reactions, he really had no intention there, Heeyoung-ah. It's just you overthought it."

"He's a damn good actor, for your info!" She defended. "I'm hurt here you know!"

"I know, I know how jealousy hurts. I exactly know. I've been feeling it in the past months." Heeyoung was stabbed by his quip. Yeah, I have to be sorry for that one. "He's innocent, Heeyoung-ah. Trust me."

"Why the heck should I trust you?" She hissed.

Minsoo smirked. "You've done it a few times. Why shouldn't you?"

Heeyoung bit her lip. "Do you really think he's innocent?" She was still unsure about Changjo.

"Yup." He nodded vigorously. "You really should stop overthinking. That's your worst habit I might say."

"You know nothing about me."

"Oh, really? Are you still saying that I know nothing about you if I said that we had slept together back then?" Heeyoung's punch landed on his biceps. "You're on your period, aren't you?" He grunted.

"Yeah." She muttered.

"So, still saying I know nothing when I even can tell that you're on your period?" He couldn't stop teasing her.

"Whatever, Bang Minsoo." She rolled her eyes. "You really changed a lot by the way."

He showed a bitter smile. "Your departure changed me."

"I'm sorry for everything." She rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Don't worry about me." He shrugged. "Go to your boyfriend now."

His words snapped her back. I still have things to be done. "How if he thinks I really meant it?" She sighed.

He smiled teasingly at her. "I'll take you back instead."

"Stop it."

His face turned serious. "Just so you know, I've tried to forget you but I realized, the more I try, the more I hurt. So, I decided to wait for you instead."

Gosh, he's really waiting for me. "You're just wasting your time, Minsoo." Her heart beat faster by his hidden confession there.

"If the one I wasted my time on is worth my world, then why not?" He stared at her, smirking.

"You're quite good with words." She let out a small chuckle. "I'm going now." She stood up from her seat.

He grabbed her hand. "Keep my words. I ain't joking there."

She nodded. "Thanks for the....quality talk I might say. Thanks for convincing me about Changjo. I'm gonna keep your words, but still, you should stop wasting your time on me. You're one of the best guy I ever met, Minsoo. Uhm.. I ever had."

Minsoo smiled warmly at her. "Good luck with Changjo. If things don't go right, go left. I'm there waiting on the left." He couldn't help to chuckle at his own joke. Heeyoung laughed along with him. "Can I get a hug? I know I'm cheap to ask for these kind of things." asked Minsoo.

"Of course." She hugged him tight, still laughing at him. "Thanks for making me laugh today." She planted a kiss on his cheek then left.

She did exactly the same things as in our last met back then. I can see what's happening after this. You really know how to preserve people's hearts. Minsoo was smiling at himself while seeing Heeyoung disappearing slowly from his sight. I hope you find your happiness in Changjo, Heeyoung-ah. I love you, always.

******

Heeyoung arrived home around 6 in the evening. She cracked the front door open slowly. She could hear people were quarelling inside, in the living room. She tiptoed down the hallway. She paused on her way to eavesdrop what's actually happening there.

"Why are you being such a stupid for not noticing the changes in her?!" It's Chunji shouting.

Silence. "You too! Why are you not telling him about this!" Chunji shouted again. It's clear enough that he's mad.

"I..I didn't think Heeyoung's jealousy would lead here." Ricky stuttered. They're quarrelling about me?

"I'm really sorry, hyung." Heeyoung heard Changjo's hoarse voice too. Oh my. got real.

"Sorry you said." Chunji scoffed. "Why didn't you catch her up?! It's already dark now yet we have no idea where she is!! Haish!"

"I'm here." Heeyoung stepped into the living room. The three guys freeze. Their gazes were stuck on her, blinking their eyes for times, realizing that it's really her. Chunji was biting his lip, Ricky was rubbing his temple, while Changjo was shocked to death. They couldn't hide their flushed and awkward faces. They were completely flustered. "I heard it all."

"I'm... We're..." Chunji stuttered in panic.

Heeyoung smiled at him. "It's okay, Oppa. Thanks for worrying about me." Chunji's face was more redden. Heeyoung's gaze then turned to Changjo. He looked nervous and tried to avoid any eye contact with her. He was hesitating, he glanced at Chunji and Ricky. "Go." whispered Chunji.

The insecure boy followed Heeyoung to her bedroom, wishing everything would be okay.

 


 

A/N:

Merry christmas everyone! Joyeux noel! Here's an update to spice up your christmas hahaha :-)