Sinking Ship

Home Is In Your Eyes

Niel was on his bed playing a game on his phone while Heeyoung was focused on her laptop on her own bed. Yes, her mom had prepared Niel an extra bed in Heeyoung's room during his stay in their place since they only had two bedrooms. He was insisting to sleep in the living room at first, but Heeyoung's mom didn't let him. "I wonder what do you do when mom and I go out for work and school." asked Heeyoung randomly. "Uhm." Niel was still concentrating on his game. "Hibernating." He answered shortly. She rolled her eyes.

"It's true!" Niel paused his game. "Well, sometimes I walk around here, go somewhere, get lost, do the chores, and if you're going home late I visit the babo brothers upstairs."

"You search for a girl to flirt with, don't you?" She . A pillow smacked her head wight away "Shut up!"

"You should ask Chunji and Ricky to come with you. Lonely boys~" She didn't stop teasing him. "Or actually you've got one back in the states, eh?"

"You're so mean!" He bashed her. "No, I haven't got any. Stop bragging yourself with your sleepy boyfriend."

"Yah! I'm not bragging! I just want to see you with a girl too." Heeyoung defended. "Are you saying that you're not a girl? You're with me everytime and you don't count yourself as one?" Niel's voice cracked. "Blablabla. What I meant was a real girlfriend, thick lips!" Heeyoung replied.

"I'm not ready to be broken-hearted yet." Niel joked.

There's a knock on Heeyoung's room door. Then they could see Heeyoung's mom appearing. "Kids, do you mind to accompany me doing the groceries?"

"Coming!" Niel excitedly answered. "Okay. Wait for us." Heeyoung added.

"You guys better be fast." Heeyoung's mom winked at them. "Copy that!"

They went to the grocery on the next block. Niel and Heeyoung was pushing the trolley together while chatting and sometimes fighting. Heeyoung's mom shook her head when she saw her kids. They never changed. They had been there for around 10 minutes when someone called their names. "Heeyoung-ah! Niel!" They glanced around to find the person who called them. "Ricky!" Niel found him first. "It's Ricky!" He pointed at the cute boy running from a far. "Yah!" She shouted at Ricky. "Oppa!" She called Chunji too who was pushing the trolley quite far behind Ricky. Chunji waved back at them. But he wasn't alone behind there. There's an older guy walking beside him. Heeyoung had never seen the guy before.

"Hello, Mrs. Park!" Ricky greeted Heeyoung's mom when he reached them. "Hi, dear." She ruffled Ricky's hair.

Chunji and the older guy had reached the others too. "Hi everyone. Uhm, this is our dad. He's visiting us here." He introduced the older guy.

"Yeah. He's been staying here for a few days." Ricky added. The older guy smiled. They were then greeting each other. "Kids, you're disturbing their grocery shopping." Mr. Lee told his kids. "You may continue your shopping." He told the other three. "Sorry for disturbing you." He smiled.

Heeyoung laughed. "It's nothing, sir."

"I'm joining them, okay?" Ricky told his dad. "Yah! You should help me shopping!" Chunji nagged. But Ricky had already put himself beside Heeyoung.

"I'll go with you." Chunji clapped as Niel moved to his side. "Yeah! You're my real dongsaeng!" He hugged Niel. "Who are you~" He tucked out his tongue to Ricky. "Whatever!" The younger glared. "Guys, please. Why are you guys making it difficult while we can do the groceries together?" Heeyoung annoyed by the boys childishness.

Mr. Lee and her mom laughed. Then the boys started blaming each other on starting the childishness. Heeyoung had been stealing glances at Mr. Lee. He's a good looking man even though some wrinkles can be seen already on his face. Now I know from where Chunji and Ricky got their good looks. Their mom must be pretty too I bet. It must be hard for them to grow up without a mom. I feel blessed to have my dad still. Although he's away in the states. I still have them both.

Niel accompanied Chunji with his dad at the back, while Ricky teamed up with Heeyoung and Heeyoung's mom in front of the other three. "See, that little prick is running away from his responsibility to help me." Chunji referring to Ricky who was laughing happily with Heeyoung. Niel laughed. "Not really. Heeyoung's mom will ask him to do something later. She used to ordering me around sometimes. That's why I used the chance to runaway and help you here."

Just a few moments after, Niel and Chunji could see Ricky was just ordered around by Heeyoung's mom. The two laughed at him. "See?" Niel told Chunji while pointing at Ricky. "Yah! What are you laughing at?!" Ricky stopped and glared at the two boys. Heeyoung couldn't help to laugh along even though she had no idea what they're laughing at.

"Shoo!" Chunji shouted to Ricky, while having Niel laughing beside him. "Daniel! We'll get this done!" Ricky  threatened Niel. "Ricky-ya, annyeong~!" Niel waved teasingly at Ricky.

They went shopping for about half an hour. It was the funnest shopping they ever had. It's more like a family race. "Dad, why don't we have dinner together somewhere?" Ricky whispered to his dad while they're at the cashier counter. "Can we? Can we? Pleaaase." He begged. His dad smiled. "Of course. Go tell the others. Decide the place."

"Thanks, Dad!" Ricky hugged him for a split second before running to the others who were waiting for Mr. Lee to finish his transaction.

"Guys! How about having dinner together tonight? My Dad will treat us!" The kids cheered on Ricky's announcement.

"You can go." Heeyoung's mom told Heeyoung and Niel. Ricky overheard it. "No, Mrs. Park. You come with us too!" He grinned.

"Ah really? Thanks then!" said Mrs. Park. "Of course you're invited too!" Chunji added.

Mr. Lee approached them. "I'm done. Where are we going now?"

"Okay! Let's go! Chunji hyung will lead the way." Ricky couldn't hide his excitement. Then they went for a dinner treat with their 'big family'.

******

Few days later, it had already been Niel's last day in Korea. Heeyoung was begging him to expand his stay, but he couldn't. "It's okay, Heeyoung. I'll visit you again soon. Or you're the one who's gonna visit me instead." Heeyoung cried on her bestfriend's words. "Now I promise that I'll contact you more." Niel took out his pinky finger. "I promise." She wiped her tears and twined her pinky finger with Niel's. "I'm gonna curse you if you don't." threatened Heeyoung.

"I said I promise!" Niel nagged. "Okay, I don't want you to cry on my last day here. Come on,  let's hang out. I'll treat you." He ruffled Heeyoung's hair. "Oh, but I want to meet Chunji and Ricky first before I leave tomorrow."

Heeyoung and Niel stopped by Lee brothers' place. Ricky greeted them excitedly as usual. It was only the two of them there as Mr. Lee had leave back to the countryside. "Guys, I'm leaving tomorrow." Chunji choked on Niel's words. "Eh?!"

"Why are you leaving?!" Ricky asked half shouted.

"I... Have to? I've been staying for 3 weeks here. I have to go back." explained Niel. "But I promise I'll visit again someday."

"But we just met!" Chunji argued. "If I could, I would just stay here with you guys." Niel sighed.

"We'll miss you so much, Daniel." Ricky hugged Niel. "Now I understand why Heeyoung felt so lost without you." Ricky glanced at Heeyoung. Chunji nodded. "Yeah, you're really one of a kind!" He laughed.

"Thanks guys. I'm really gonna miss you. I can't wait to go back here again later." answered Niel. "And.. Please take care of her while I'm not here." Niel ruffled Heeyoung's hair again. "Of course we will!" promised Ricky. "We've been doing that and will always do." Chunji winked.

They stayed there for a while, having their last moments that might not be there again anytime soon. Heeyoung and Niel then went out to the downtown. They're trying to have fun as much as possible. Heeyoung tears flew out randomly when she saw Niel. "I said I don't want you to cry!" Niel shouted at her. She cried harder, but she's laughing too at the same time. "Why? You're afraid that you'll cry too?" She back. "Yeah. Kinda."

"I just couldn't hold it! My tears randomly flew out when I see you!" Heeyoung laughed. "Stop it! You look weird laughing between your tears!" Niel was annoyed. "Moreover, people started looking at us!" Heeyoung glanced around the busy street and Niel was right. Maybe people thought they're a fighting couple, but why the heck the girl's laughing between her tears. "They're judging me as a criminal now! Stop it!" Niel was panicking.

Heeyoung laughed more. "You're the one who's thinking too much!" She slapped Niel's head. "Now they think I'm a jerk." Niel added.

"You are." Heeyoung dragged Niel. "Where are we going?" The dragged guy was confused.

"Cake shop at the end of the street, I wanna buy Minsoo's favorite cake there and we're gonna visit him. Deal? You have to."

The two then walked to the cake shop. They ordered for them too and had their cakes there first. "I'm sorry if I don't serve you well as a guest during your stay here." Niel smiled warmly at her. "Your mom and you have done the best. I went here just to see you and well, your mom said that I was your birthday gift. I've been happy just to see you in person."

"I've never been happier than these days with you here." Heeyoung's eyes went teary again. "No no no! Don't cry! Hold it!" Niel's panic face was the one which made Heeyoung could hold her tears. "Your facial expression is really something." She laughed.

Niel pouted his big lips. "Laugh at me. At least you don't cry." Heeyoung smiled. "Come on. Let's visit Minsoo." She held Niel's hand.

"Does he know that we're coming there?" Heeyoung shook her head. "Nope, I want to make a surprise visit. He told me he isn't going anywhere this evening."

They took the bus to Minsoo's place. It was a 15 minutes trip. Heeyoung pushed the bell on Minsoo's front door. They could hear someone's steps coming. A girl appeared as the door was being opened. Niel and Heeyoung were frozen at their place. They knew that Minsoo lived alone. "Hello?" The tall, beautiful, and long straight haired girl greeted them. The typical dream girl.

Heeyoung glanced at the house number once again, worried if she went to the wrong one. It's right. It's Minsoo's place. "E-excuse me. Is this Minsoo's house?" She grinned awkwardly. The girl smiled. "Yes, but he's out for a while. Are you guys his friends?" The two nodded. "Just come in and wait for him." The girl opened the door wider for them.

They went in and sat on the sofa. "Oh, we haven't introduced ourselves. I'm Heeyoung and this is Niel."

"Nice to meet you, Heeyoung and Niel. I'm Jihyeon." The girl introduced herself.

"I haven't seen you around before." said Heeyoung. "May I ask who are you?" Heeyoung asked carefully. She wondered if Jihyeon was one of Minsoo's noona. "Oh, I'm Minsoo's girlfriend. I just came back from an exchange abroad. Maybe that's why we just met. I'm visiting Minsoo too actually." Jihyeon smiled brightly. Heeyoung's facial expression was drained out. She's sure she didn't misheard Jihyeon's words. Niel choked, trying not to panic. He stole a glance at Heeyoung, worried about his bestfriend. "Minsoo's girlfriend?" Heeyoung asked in disbelief. Jihyeon nodded. "Are you going to a different school with Minsoo?" Heeyoung couldn't help to ask another question.

"Yeah, we're going to different schools." Heeyoung tried to calm herself. I'm dreaming. This is just another nightmare. This isn't really happening. No, it's not happening. This is just your nightmare, Heeyoung. She tried to hold her emotions and tears back. God, please. What is this. Why. Why. Why. Heeyoung pretended to check her phone. "Uhm.. Jihyeon-ssi, I think we have to leave now. Just tell Minsoo that we stopped by and here's a cake for him." She used it as an excuse for Niel and her to leave.

"You don't want to wait?" Jihyeon was confused. "My mom needs me at home ASAP." Heeyoung faked a smile. She stood up and grab Niel's hand. He put the cake on the coffee table.

"Okay then. I'll tell him." Yeah. Go tell him. ASAP. Heeyoung answered in her mind. Jihyeon stood up too and accompanied Heeyoung and Niel back to the front door.

******

Heeyoung didn't say anything on their way back home on the bus. Niel himself didn't dare to say anything to her either. Even though he had been her friend for years, he still couldn't guess her mind. He held Heeyoung's hand tightly as she leaned on his shoulder. "Did I do something wrong, Daniel?" She finally spoke up, staring blankly. It was Heeyoung's weakest voice he had ever heard.

"N-no. You didn't do anything wrong." Niel's voice cracked. He was too emotional too for Heeyoung.

"Did you hear her words? Did they sound the same in our ears? Did I mishear it?"

Niel sighed. "I think we heard the same." He hugged her and her hair gently. Heeyoung didn't continue. She was too busy flashing back everything she went through with Minsoo. Their 'sweet' fight at the first day, project days, their first kiss, their laughter... It's all just illusions.

******

"Your friends visited few minutes ago." Minsoo frowned. "My friends?"

"Yeah, a girl and a boy. Uhm, Hee.. Heeyoung? And Niel. They were waiting for you here but they left. Oh! And they left you this cake." explained Jihyeon.

Minsoo found something suspicious. "Why did they leave?" Jihyeon shook her head. "Heeyoung said her mom needs her? Kinda like that." She circled her arm around Minsoo's waist. "Why don't we have dinner together tonight?" She teased.

Minsoo pushed Jihyeon's arm off. "Stop it! I've told you we're no longer a couple!" He annoyed.

"Oh come on, Minsoo. I'm back here now." The girl demanded, still teasing the guy. "We've broken up even before you left! Why are you still thinking that we're dating?!" Minsoo's tone raised higher.

"I still love you and I never think we've broken up. I didn't approve your demand to broke up back then." Jihyeon argued. "It's bad that you don't even tell your friends about our relationship. So I was the one who told them about it just now." Minsoo's jaw dropped open. "What? Come again? You told my friends what?!"

"I told Heeyoung and Niel that I'm your girlfriend. Something's wrong with that?" Minsoo slapped Jihyeon. He was too speechless on that moment. He balled up his fists, holding his anger. The girl grunted as a protest. "How. Dare. You. You had no idea what you just did." Minsoo's teeth rattled.

"What's wrong with that?! We're still in a relationship!" defended Jihyeon. Minsoo's breath went wild. "Screw that!! I've broken up with you from long ago!! You're nothing more than just a friend even before you left!! Got it?!"

"If I didn't approve it then you can't say that we've broken up!!" Jihyeon shouted back.

"If you didn't think we've broken up then what did you do for the whole year huh?! You didn't even contact me ever and yet you're still saying that we're in a relationship!! So damn funny! Stop making excuses for God sake!!" Minsoo exploded. Jihyeon was shut up by Minsoo's words. "You know what?" Minsoo pointed at Jihyeon's face. "You just ruined my whole life." Jihyeon stared at Minsoo, not getting his words. "Heeyoung is my girlfriend."

Jihyeon gulped, shocked. "Are you done yet?! Huh?! Is that enough for you?!" He shouted right at her face. "I don't want to see and know you in my whole life anymore. Don't ever dare to appear in front of me anymore. Go out from here." Jihyeon was stuck at her place. "Now!!" Minsoo ordered her. He took Jihyeon's bag from the sofa and half dragged Jihyeon out of his place. He pushed her as he threw her bag to the hallway. "Don't ever try to appear in my sight again. Ever." He slammed the door closed.

 


 

A/N  :

Double updates! Hope you like it! ^^

Comments comments comments! Thank you~