Hurt

Home Is In Your Eyes

The next morning, Heeyoung left the house with her complete uniform. But she didn't go to school again. She changed her uniform then went to the city library. Searching for peacefulness. She almost spent her whole day there. From the stacks of books she took, she couldn't focus at any. She couldn't stop thinking about Minsoo. If they're okay, maybe they would be having lunch somewhere at that time. Chatting, laughing, teasing each other. He might be doing that though. With Jihyeon. She sighed. Then she remembered she hadn't eaten anything since morning. Or last night probably. She didn't feel like eating. She crossed her arms on the table and buried her face. Crying silently again and again.

It's around 4pm when she reached her apartment. Heeyoung was frozen at the end of the hallway. Minsoo was there, sitting right in front of her front door. What the heck is he doing there. Heeyoung walked closer. Minsoo stood up as he saw Heeyoung coming. "Heeyoung-ah." He called. "Heeyoung-ah, please." He tried to block her way but she didn't budge. He grabbed her hand as she was about to get in. "Give me the chance to talk. I can explain everything." Minsoo desperately begged.

Heeyoung stared into his eyes. "I'm tired, Minsoo. We're done. You don't need to explain anything anymore." She pulled herself from Minsoo and slammed the door closed right in front of Minsoo's face.

******

The day after, Heeyoung was really going to school. She went a little bit late so that she arrived just right before the bell rang. So that Minsoo had less chance to talk to me. L.Joe greeted her happily. But Heeyoung wasn't in her right mood to be bright. Well, L.Joe seemed a bit different. Ah. Whatever. Minsoo kept glancing at Heeyoung, impatiently waiting for the break time. Heeyoung asked L.Joe to go out right away after the break time bell rang. Minsoo followed them sneakily. The two just found seats for them at the cafeteria when Minsoo approached them.

"We need to talk." He told Heeyoung. L.Joe glanced at him, then moved his gaze to Heeyoung.

Heeyoung hissed. "I think I've made it clear yesterday, haven't I?"

Minsoo sighed, feeling defeated. "We haven't done yet." He said to Heeyoung. He glared at L.Joe who was giving him a winning smile before he left.

"So, what happened yesterday?" L.Joe was being curious. "He came to my place. I told him that we're done."

"That's all?" asked L.Joe.

"I slammed the door closed." Heeyoung answered shortly. Deep inside, Heeyoung didn't really like spoiling everything to him. L.Joe had hated Minsoo from the start. Spoiling her problems to him was just like making the fire burning bigger.

******

After school, Minsoo half dragged Heeyoung to the park across the street. Heeyoung kept nagging and tried to release herself from Minsoo. But it's all useless. Minsoo's grip was too strong. "I can't wait for you to give me the chance to explain anymore. All I have to do is explaining what the heck is actually happened." Minsoo spoke right away, still holding Heeyoung's hand. "I've told you we're-" She tried to argue.

"Han Jihyeon is my ex. She's not my girlfriend. She's just back from abroad. We've broken up even before she went abroad. I don't care you'll believe this or not, but she's not my girlfriend anymore. You're my only girlfriend." explained Minsoo. He knew his words were quite stupid but he didn't know what else he should've told. Heeyoung hissed as she moved her gaze away. "She was visiting me at that time. She thought that she's still my girlfriend. The fact is we've broken up from a long time ago. Moreover, she didn't even contact me while she's away. Just so you know, I've been seriously mad at her. Forever. For ruining our relationship. This is a total misunderstanding."

"Nonsense." She scoffed.

"I know. Even myself think that these all are nonsense. But that's the fact you need to know, the fact I have to tell you. She's my ex. I swear to God we've broken up from a long time ago. She thought we're just off while she's away. But when I broke up with her I really meant it. It's not that I cheated on her for you nor the opposite. It's not. I swear." He stared deep into Heeyoung's eyes.

Heeyoung faked a smile. "Nice story. Well made, Minsoo."

"You.. didn't trust me?" Minsoo stared in disbelief. "For God sake, Heeyoung. How can I make you trust me?" Minsoo's eyes were teary.

Heeyoung's heart was frozen at that moment. She couldn't feel anything at all. "No way."

Minsoo ruffled his hair in frustration. "Park Heeyoung, I love you. I love you forever. I can't lose you. I don't want to lose you. Please. This is a misunderstanding. Please give me the chance to have your trust again. We're okay, it's a misunderstanding." Minsoo was panicking. He let out everything in his mind. "Don't you remember when you thought I was joking when I confessed to you here? You trust me in the end. This is the same. I told you the truth. I swear to God they're all true. I don't want us to end. Please. I love you and I always will. I don't have any special feeling for Jihyeon. We were friends. But after that accident I swear to God I won't take her even as a friend. I hate her for making this situation between us. I'm not giving up our relationship for this stupid matter please, Heeyoung, please."

Heeyoung didn't even glance at Minsoo. She was completely heartless. "You can make a best selling novel with that story." She stood up and left Minsoo alone. Minsoo was too tired to convince her again. He might let her go at that time, but he'd never let her go from his life.

******

Although Heeyoung had told Minsoo that they're done, but they're not done yet in her mind. She couldn't stop thinking about him still. She was disappointed with him, with all the lies and the nonsense stories he made. So this is what you called as being broken hearted.

Being honest, she hadn't been loving someone that deep before. But why that she had to experience this on the person she loved the most. Just why. With Minsoo, the truth and the lies were all blurred since the first time they met. He acted so well. It's really hard to trust him when you had been tricked. Just to collect your trust on him was already difficult. It's almost impossible.

Days after that, the situation wasn't being better for Heeyoung. It burdened her more. She's way too broken hearted and disappointed on Minsoo. She missed him, but her mind didn't allow her to. She seemed lost and blank everytime. She even lost her weight. She didn't look like her oldself. She was gloomy all the time, like losing her will to live. Even L.Joe had no idea how to cheer her up. He cursed Minsoo for it. Minsoo was making a gap with her although he's actually as wrecked as Heeyoung. But no matter how he approached her, she already blocked him from her life. He let Heeyoung calmed her mad self first for a while. Heeyoung's mom noticed the changed on her daughter. She made the school tasks as her excuses. She didn't tell her mom about what happened between Minsoo and her, still. She kept them all to herself only. She hadn't even contacted Lee brothers since the last time she accompanied Niel to their place. Niel. She hadn't contacted him either. She had lost for words on this case. She cried almost every night. She had no idea what she had been crying of. She was just letting out her pain. Her disappointments. Her tears explained better the feelings she felt rather than words.

******

One day, she was coming back from school. She was walking across the apartment park, lost in her thoughts during her walk. "Heeyoung-ah!" Someone called her name but she didn't realize it. "Yah! Heeyoung-ah!" Someone tapped her shoulder. She startled and got herself back. "Ricky! you shocked me."

"Yah! I called you for times! Come on, have a talk here with us first." asked Ricky. Heeyoung just realized that Changjo was there too. "Hi." Changjo greeted her. She just smiled weakly at him. Then she sat between the two guys. Right after she sat, she had already lost in her mind again. Moreover, she hadn't been feeling well that week. "Where have you been this long? You haven't contact us like forever." Ricky asked her again. Heeyoung stayed quiet, not realizing that Ricky was talking to her. "Heeyoung-ah. What's wrong with you? You look bad." Ricky held her hand.

"Eh?" Heeyoung didn't get what he was saying.

"What happened to you? You seem different." Ricky repeated. "Are you sick? Your hands are so cold."

"Nothing. I'm okay." She lied.

"Really? You don't look like one." Ricky felt something suspicious. Heeyoung nodded, pretending she's all okay. Changjo was being quiet all along, observing Heeyoung. "How's Minsoo by the way? I haven't seen him around again." Ricky asked innocently.

Just hearing his name being mentioned had stirred her mind more. She felt dizzy in a sudden. Her mind was flashing back all the memories they had. Remembering the sweetness she felt everytime she heard his name. Meanwhile her heart was protesting on it. All which left was only bitterness in her heart. Sadness and desperateness covered her up in a sudden. She felt hurt.

"Oh my God." Changjo caught Heeyoung. She fainted. "Ricky-ya! What should we do?" He was panicking with Heeyoung in his arms.

"Oh my God. Heeyoung!" Ricky tried to wake her but she didn't move. "Hospital?"