Decision Making

Home Is In Your Eyes

Heeyoung couldn't think clearly. She's still crying, hugging her knees. Everything happened in a flash. She was very upset on L.Joe. Her mind was flashing her memories back one by one. She couldn't help herself to start sobbing.

Her 'night' with Minsoo, L.Joe's confession about the past... And yet she hadn't met Changjo up. L.Joe's confession still got her. She couldn't believe what happened between L.Joe and Minsoo in the past. They were actually bestfriends. Fighting over a girl until they hated each other back then. And recently it happened once again. They fought for me. It's all because of me. Yes, it's because of you, Heeyoung. If only I could turn back time so I didn't have to meet them. Or I didn't even have to move here. I would be just living happily in the states, with Niel. Heeyoung screamed in frustration. She cried her lungs out until she fell asleep on her bed.

******

"Heeyoung-ah? Heeyoung-ah?" Her mom was knocking on her door.

Heeyoung woke up slowly. She heard her mom shouting her name. Her mind automatically flashing back the last time her mom called her like that. She was holding the beaten up Minsoo in front of her door. No, it's okay, Heeyoung. It's okay. Nothing happened. Heeyoung convinced her mind.

"Heeyoung-ah! Open the door!" Her mom shouted again. Heeyoung got up slowly and walked to unlock the door. "Oh my God, Heeyoung!! What happened to you?!" Her mom was panicking when she saw Heeyoung's swollen face after crying for hours.

Heeyoung couldn't hold her feelings anymore. She hugged her mom and started crying again. "Calm yourself, Heeyoung-ah. Calm yourself." Her mom helped her walked to the sofa and sat her there. "Breathe slowly. Tell me what happened."

Heeyoung told her everything which had happened from the start. She told her mom the complete chronology of her 'new' life in Korea. She told her exactly from the start. Her first day at school, the moments she fell in love with Changjo, until the smallest thing that just happened to her. She spoiled everything. She let out all her thoughts and feelings.

Her mom opened . Shocked yet amazed. She didn't think that actually her daughter experienced so many complicated things. She wiped Heeyoung's tears and hugged her. Calming her by rubbing her back.

"What should I do, Mom?" Heeyoung sobbed. "I...just can't."

"Calm yourself, clear your mind, think slowly and clearly, follow your heart. Go for what you think it's the best for you and people around you." She Heeyoung's cheek. "That's life, dear. You'll experience more while you're growing up."

Heeyoung sighed. Her mind and heart were all stirred up. "I'm afraid, Mom. I'm afraid to hurt people more. Yet I can't fulfill all of their expectations on me."

Her mom smiled warmly. "Don't be afraid, dear. There must be someone who would get hurt. Either others or your own self. You choose."

Heeyoung still couldn't clear her mind up. "Those problems make you more mature, make you stronger. Life must go on." Her mom added.

Heeyoung was crying on her mom's lap then. I'm tired from crying. If only I could run out of tears.

"Heeyoung-ah.. Actually there's something you need to know." Her mom hesitated.

Heeyoung got up. "What is it?"

Her mom bit her lip. "He asked me not to tell you about this, but I...I really think you need to know now." Heeyoung frowned, waiting her mom to continue. "Minsoo paid all the treatment you got in the hospital." Heeyoung stared at her mom in disbelief. She's way too speechless. "He insisted to pay them all. Now I know the reason for him doing it."

"He... He paid them all?" Heeyoung asked rhetorically. She still couldn't believe it. "W..why did you let him pay?" Heeyoung was totally confused.

"I had asked him to get the administration done and pay it with my card before I left for work. But by the time I came to him in the evening, I checked the documents and it said that it had been paid by him. I told him I'd pay them back, but he begged me not to, he begged me to let him pay. And he asked me not to tell you about this."

Heeyoung's mind flashing back her memories of Minsoo again. Everything from the start. His mean gaze, his eyesmiles, his stubbornness, his hugs, his kisses. That scary guy is actually cute and sweet. He stayed up all night to look after me, he skipped school, in the end he even paid the hospital fees. He was feeling that guilty for me, although in fact it's none of his faults. He was all black and blue, beaten up by L.Joe, yet he still could say that he's okay. He's unstoppable. No matter how I told him that we're over. He loves me that much? He loves me more.

Heeyoung started crying again. I'm the one who actually owed him. With all the mean things I had done to him, he's still insisting to fight for his love on me. Heeyoung was staring blankly, still not believing her mom's words. Bang Minsoo. You don't know how much I actually love you. She sighed.

Heeyoung leaned on her mom's shoulder. Her mom her hair. "He really paid his sins off."

No, he doesn't have any single sins on me.

******

Tomorrow is the due date. Yet she hasn't told me anything. She hasn't even asked to meet each other. It's been awkward with her for the rest of the week.
If only I could turn back time and abort that stupid mission. I shouldn't confess my love on her and just accept the fact that I'm friendzoned. Maybe our life would be all normal
. Changjo was losing his hopes.

I miss her already. He sighed. But if I didn't confess to her, I don't think I could stand living around her without showing my affections for her. I can't hold myself when I see her with another guy. I'm really in love with her. I really want to make her mine.

Whatever will be. I'm not going to give up on you, Park Heeyoung. I promise.

******

Heeyoung couldn't sleep peacefully that night. Her mind was busier than ever. She's forcing herself to make her decision for Changjo. She worried if she took the wrong decision. In fact, no matter how she forced herself to make the best decision, it would hurt someone in the end.

Whether it would be others or myself. Deal with it.

******

Heeyoung was going to Changjo's place without telling him first. They actually hadn't contacted each other since the last time he came to Heeyoung's place to help her study. It's her first time going to his place. She got his address from Chunji after giving some bribe for him not to ask too much nor telling Ricky and Changjo that she's going there.

Heeyoung arrived at Changjo's place that afternoon. She pushed the bell. Her heart was beating fast. She was too nervous. She bit her lip, praying for the best. The door opened. Changjo showed up. It's the time. She dared herself.

"Hee... Heeyoung-ah... Why you didn't tell me you're coming?" Changjo was completely shocked by her visit.

Heeyoung stared at him without saying anything. Her tongue was stiff. Her anxiousity owned her.

"You could've just tell me. I could come to your place instead. So you don't have to-" Changjo couldn't finish his words. Heeyoung landed a peck on his lips.

Changjo was startled by her kiss. He's trying to get himself back, not believing that it's happening to him. He stared in awe at her. But then he just realized that Heeyoung hadn't said anything to him. Damn. Why you're so stupid, Changjo. It could be a goodbye kiss. "W..what was that mean?"

Heeyoung stayed still. Her head hung low, still not saying any words.

A goodbye kiss. Indeed. Changjo sighed.