Confusion

Home Is In Your Eyes

"Hi! Where have you been! We miss you so much!" Ricky greeted her brightly seeing her standing in front of his place.

She grinned. "I miss you too. May I come in? I'll tell you everything!"

"Ya! Steamed buns! Why it took you so long to return my skatebo-" Chunji shouted from his room, loud stomps could be heard as he rushed to go out from his room. He cut his sentence as he opened his room door, finding Heeyoung staring blankly at him. "Ah, I thought you're steamed buns." He looked disappointed at first, but soon he turned bright as he realized Heeyoung just came to meet them.

"Steamed buns?" asked Heeyoung cluelessly.

"Changjo's nickname," told Ricky. "But don't dare to call him that if you don't want to be beaten up in a flash sec. Just use it when you're annoyed with him, it always works," warned Ricky, followed by Heeyoung's laugh.

"Ya! My lovely dongsaeng! Where have you been?" he smiled as he clinged his arm around Heeyoung's neck.

"I was sick back then and been busy lately. I just arrived though. But since tonight I'm a little bit free, I decided to have a stop here first."

"I can tell," said Chunji, scanning Heeyoung's uniform.

Ricky went back from the kitchen and served some snacks on the coffee table. "Dad sent us some snacks." He grinned. "So, tell us everything." He demanded as he took a seat on the sofa. Chunji grabbed a snack for himself, making him scolded by the younger. "Ya Hyung! I served that for her! Go get your own serving!"

Chunji rolled his eyes. He put the snack back and went to the kitchen. "Don't start talking first before I'm back!" Chunji threatened.

Ricky and Chunji had been living alone there since their dad ran a farm business in the countryside. Their mom had been passed away for 5 years. They decided to move so they wouldn't mourn their lovely mom so much.

"So many things happened lately," she started as soon as Chunji sat back beside her. She told them about the project and her not-so-good relationship with Minsoo. She even told them how the not-so-good relationship started back then when she just moved to her school. "And the shocking part is... He suddenly asked me if Changjo was my boyfriend yesterday. He said he saw us both 'dating' back then at the ice cream parlor. Then he can't stop teasing me about that although I've already said we're not dating. That really annoyed me."

Chunji laughed at the ending part, getting smacked with a pillow by the girl. "And you're annoyed because of those things between you and him? I can't believe you're that stupid," he mocked.

Ricky and Heeyoung stared at him blankly. "What do you mean? Of course I'm annoyed! He's the one who's stupid!" Heeyoung defended herself.

"No, he's the one stupid," added Ricky, pointing at his hyung. "Babo Chunji."

"You guys really didn't get it, did you? What I meant is that you," Chunji pointed at Heeyoung's face, "are too stupid for not realizing that he actually likes you," he continued, referring to Minsoo.

"Mwoya?! Of course he's not!" Heeyoung denied it right away.

"Ah.... Yes, I got it now," Ricky commented later. Chunji's laugh was gone and his face turned into a serious look. "Believe me, he likes you. We, boys, usually do it to the girl we like." He patted Heeyoung's back.

Heeyoung went silent as her heart started thumping. She stared at Chunji. "You're not a psychic, are you?" she asked him bluntly, receiving laughter from Ricky. "You scared me."

"Well, I think I'm agree with his words, though." Heeyoung glared at Ricky for his words.

"And L.Joe hasn't talked much with me lately. I don't think we had a problem though." She changed the topic. "I think he's been acting like that right after I told him about my meeting with Changjo. Did I do wrong? Since he's my bestfriend, I just want to tell him about it."

"L.Joe...Your bestfriend?" Ricky made sure. Heeyoung nodded.

"How if you're more than a bestfriend for him?" asked Chunji while munching his snack. Ricky and Heeyoung stared at him again, giving signs for him to explain more. "He's worried that steamed buns would steal you away from him. He likes you too. Eh, I mean he loves you. More than just a bestfriend."

"Stop talking nonsense, Oppa."

"You really got a lot of fans, eh?" Ricky elbowed her.

"I'm just saying the probability!" defended Chunji. "He's your schoolmate, right? And you make his burden weigh more while you're with Minsoo," he added.

"Babo Chunji is being smart today! I proud of you, Hyung! It feels like we're solving a mystery case!" the innocent Ricky patted his brother's shoulder.

"Guys, I think I regret my decision to come here. Really. Your nonsense talks didn't help me at all." Heeyoung pouted. "I'm going home now!" she stood up.

"I'm walking you home! I want to meet your mom." Ricky stood up too. Ricky had been like Niel's replacement for Heeyoung's mom, she really likes him.

"Just prove my words!" Chunji shouted from the living room when Ricky and Heeyoung made their way out.

******

Ricky dialed Changjo's number as soon as he arrived back to his place. "What?"

"Code red. I think you've got some competitors. Heeyoung just told me everything happened to her at school. Maybe that's the reason why she's been a bit cold towards you lately," informed Ricky. "Tell me."

"Seems like she's gonna have a love affair with her classmate. Moreover, her bestfriend looks like jealous of you right after she told him about you."

"Wait. Did you just say that she talked about me?" Changjo's curiousity level rised up.

Ricky nodded although he knew that Changjo wouldn't see it. "Yes, I don't know what exactly, but she's referring it as teling her bestfriend about you. That's all. When did the last time you contact her?"

"Few days ago I think. What should I do now?"

"You should get going. Be faster than those guys if you still want her."

"Call."

******

Heeyoung threw herself to her bed. She sighed, not believing Chunji's words had been stuck in her mind somehow. "Just prove my words!" Chunji's voice in her mind scared her to death. He said that from a man's point of view, it might be right. But Heeyoung was in denial. She couldn't believe it if L.Joe, her bestfriend, who had been by her side for this long, took her more than just a friend. And if Minsoo, who made her hate him more than anything, actually loved her. It just doesn't make any sense.

She took out her phone and started typing.

Hi, how are you? she sent a text to Changjo. It’s been 5 minutes, he hadn't replied. Fine.

But he called me instead, she just closed her eyes when her phone rang.

"Hi!" Heeyoung greeted him, trying to sound excited.

"Is it okay if I called you instead?"

"Better," Heeyoung laughed a bit. I missed your voice so much.

"Are things okay?"

"Hm... Not really, but I can handle them. How's yours?" Heeyoung was playing with her fingers.

"Great. But it hasn't reached its best since I haven't got the chance to met you yet," he chuckled.

"Tsk. Cheesy Changjo strikes again," she scoffed, actually smiling to herself in happiness.

"You miss me, right? That's why you text me. Admit it."

Heeyoung gulped. "I don't miss you, I miss scolding you."

"When can we go out again? I miss you."

Heeyoung's heart started pounding faster again. Changjo knew very well how to . "Uhm.... I hope next weekend. If my project has been done. I'll tell you later."

"Okay, just don't forget to tell me. Your voice sounds tired, you should go to sleep now."

He's so sensitive. "Okay then. Bye. See you soon."

"Good night." Changjo's soft voice had always been making her mind peaceful. She smiled as she closed her tired eyes. Good night.

******

"Heeyoung-ah."

Heeyoung raised her head up to see L.Joe sitting in front of her. It was during the break time on the next day. "Hm?" she smiled at him.

"Remember about my cousin's wedding party this Saturday?" Heeyoung nodded. "My mom wants you to come with us."

Heeyoung's eyes widened. "Heh? Really?" she couldn't believe what she just heard.

L.Joe nodded. "Will you?"

"When's the time?" she was thinking hard as she had made an appointment with Minsoo.

"Morning to afternoon I think." He shrugged.

"Is it okay if I leave the party earlier? I had made an appointment with Minsoo." She stole a look at Minsoo across the room.

L.Joe sighed, Minsoo again. "Okay then. We'll pick you up at 9."

******

Minsoo had been eyeing them since L.Joe walked towards Heeyoung. He knew that he had some feelings for Heeyoung somehow. He pretended not to look at them, but he tried to eavesdrop the two's talk. Is he asking her out or something? Please go find a better excuse than using your mom,  Minsoo hissed.

"I had made an appointment with Minsoo." He heard his name being mentioned. He loved the way Heeyoung mention his name. It's just rarely happen.

Woah, she kept her promise. I think she'd choose her bestfriend instead of me. Minsoo smirked. Well, she chose the project. Not you, Minsoo. He sighed in disappointment.