Gossip

Home Is In Your Eyes

Outside Heeyoung's room, Chunji wasn't really getting a coffee. He wandered around searching for Minsoo. He found him was sitting alone at the cafeteria not far from her room.

"Mind if I join you here?" Minsoo was surprised by Chunji's sudden appearance. "Nope." He answered shortly.

"Something's bothering you both, isn't it?" Chunji started carefully.

Minsoo sighed and paused for a moment. "She told you everything, didn't she?" Chunji nodded. "Do you believe my story?"

"I really have no idea about it. I can't judge." Chunji answered honestly.

Minsoo rubbed his temple. "I'm really frustrated. It was a misunderstanding. She didn't trust me nor wanting to trust me.." Minsoo closed his eyes. "I've tried telling her using many ways but still she didn't believe me. I swear to God I told her the truth. Should I drag my ex to her? To admit all of her fault on Heeyoung? Will that be enough? Will that solve everything? Will it make her trust me again?" Minsoo bursted everything out. Chunji could see clearly Minsoo's desperateness. He really loves Heeyoung. "I don't want our relationship face an end uselessly like this. It's just a stupid misunderstanding. I'm not giving up my relationship easily for that stupid matter!" His tears streamed down. He couldn't hold it. Then he chuckled. "I'm sorry. I really am not a crybaby. I'm too emotional right now."

"It's okay, I understand." Chunji gave a warm smile and patted his shoulder. "I'll try to talk to her later."

Minsoo glanced at Chunji, his eyes widened. "Really? You're helping me?"

Chunji nodded. "Just wish me luck. I'll try my best to talk to her. Hope it's gonna work out. The misunderstanding seems really burdening you both."

Minsoo was frozen. "I.. I really don't know how to thank you." Chunji smiled at him.

"I'm going back to her room first. Don't forget to wash your face if you don't wanna get caught that you cried." Chunji joked.

Minsoo smirked. "Noted. Thanks.. Hyung."

"Hyung?" Chunji laughed then he left Minsoo.

******

Heeyoung had a special dinner that night. Chunji, Ricky, and Changjo were competing to feed her, creating a lively atmosphere in the room. At least they could entertain Heeyoung. If only Niel was here too. It would be complete. Although Minsoo was still bothered by Changjo, he stayed closer to them so Mrs. Park wouldn't question anything either to him nor Heeyoung. Heeyoung was totally forgetting Minsoo for a while. Her mind was focused at the noisy brothers. And Changjo. They accompanied Heeyoung until she fell asleep, Chunji even sang her a lullaby before they all went home.

"You're skipping school again tomorrow?" Mrs. Park asked Minsoo, seeing him staying there still.

"Yes." Minsoo answered surely. "I.. I owe her a lot. That's why I really want to accompany her." I'm paying my sins off.

Mrs. Park nodded. "If that's what you want." Mrs. Park walked to the sofa, then she stopped and turned again to Minsoo. "She's really blessed to have such a caring boyfriend like you." Minsoo startled. Boyfriend? Heeyoung didn't tell her? This is a good chance. "Thank you." He smiled.

******

"So they really broke up?" Ricky asked the others on their way home. Chunji nodded.

"That's what made Heeyoung's condition drop like that?" Ricky asked again.

Changjo shrugged. "Probably. Their problem was complicated. It makes sense if she's been burdened."

"Minsoo has tried everything to get back with her but she insists to break up with him. She kinda doesn't want to trust him again." spoiled Chunji.

Silence. They were thinking about Heeyoung's condition. "Do I still have a chance?" Changjo innocently asked. The two glanced at him, their eyes widened.

"You really haven't moved on, have you?" Chunji was shocked. He really thought Changjo had given up.

Changjo sighed. He shook his head. "I don't think I could ever move on from her."

"Give it another try, maybe?" said Ricky.

"Should I?" Changjo wasn't sure.

"Why not?" Chunji supported. He wouldn't choose either to support Changjo, his other brother, or Minsoo, whom he had been promised to help. Just let Heeyoung herself choose the best one for her.

******

Minsoo stayed up like the night before. Mrs. Park was sleeping on the sofa since she had to go to work the next day. Watching Heeyoung was a pleasure for Minsoo. But it wasn't the same as it used to before. He couldn't hug and kiss her freely anymore. The table had been turned. He missed her blushing cheek, kissing her soft lips, smiling back at her beautiful smile, teasing her... Such good memories. Best ones. If only that accident didn't happen. You wouldn't be lying weak like that here. We wouldn't have to get through this stupid fight. We would have just live happily like usual. Everything happens for a reason. I hope we still have the reason to be back together soon.

Heeyoung woke up around 3 am. Finding Minsoo who was still up beside her. It's clear that he had been trying hard to keep himself awake.

"Do you need something?" Heeyoung shook her head. "Sleep, Minsoo." told her.

"Huh?" Sleepy Minsoo didn't get it. "You should sleep. You look worse than me." Heeyoung explained.

That caring words from Heeyoung had blown him away. It's been a long time. "I..I'm okay."

"Just sleep. I'm going back to sleep too. I'll wake you up if I need something." ordered Heeyoung coldly.

"Uhm.. Okay." Minsoo agreed. Heeyoung pulled up her blanket and closed her eyes again. "Heeyoung-ah."

She opened her eyes and glanced at him without saying anything. "You... You didn't tell your mom that you broke up with me?"

Heeyoung was flustered. No. He shouldn't know this. He could use this chance. I'm screwed. "Not yet. I just haven't got the time." Heeyoung tried to answer calmly.

"Or.. We're actually still on?" Hopes could be heard in his voice.

"No." Heeyoung cut right away. "Sleep." She heartlessly ended the conversation and went back to sleep, leaving the broken-hearted Minsoo hopeless in silence.

******

Heeyoung's mom left for work after feeding Heeyoung's breakfast. That week was a really hectic week for her at the office. Even she couldn't accompany her sick daughter at the hospital. She didn't have any choice. Their condition in Korea was different with the one they had before because of the divorce. She had to cover up their own living costs. Skipping work meant losing much money for their living. Moreover, she had to pay for the hospital fees.

Mrs. Park left Minsoo and Heeyoung alone in awkwardness. It's unusual for Heeyoung that she didn't feel sleepy after having her meds. She had nothing to do. She wanted to talk to anyone but who's there was only Minsoo. Then she's just staring blankly, lost in her mind again, daydreaming. Meanwhile Minsoo was sitting in silence too. They both didn't know what to do. If only the situation was kind for them. Then someone knocked the door. Minsoo stood up to open it. It was the nurse, having a visit to check Heeyoung. "Good morning, Minsoo-ssi." The nurse greeted Minsoo as he opened the door. He smiled at her. Geez. He's so famous here. "Good morning, Heeyoung-ssi."

"Morning." Heeyoung greeted back.

"How are you feeling now?" asked the nurse.

"A lot better. I really can't wait to go home already." answered Heeyoung.

She smiled warmly. "Good for you then. Don't worry, if everything's stable today, you may go home this evening."

"Really?!" The nurse nodded. "I'm gonna clean your body and change your clothes now." She told Heeyoung before turning to Minsoo. "I'm sorry, Minsoo-ssi. I know you're her boyfriend but you're not allowed to be here for a while."  Great. It's like everybody knows about Minsoo and me. "Okay. Take your time. I'll be waiting outside." Then Minsoo left.

The nurse prepared everything she needed. Heeyoung was watching her since she really had no idea what to do. "How long have you guys been dating?" The curious nurse started a talk while doing her job. Just. Stop. This. Whole. Dating. Thingy. For. God. Sake. "Few months." Heeyoung didn't want to argue.

"Really? It looks like you've been dating for years!"  What? We're not even kissing while we're here. Heeyoung faked a laugh. "Later, after you're released from here, you shouldn't think too much. Your body doesn't allow you to. Or you'll collapse again." She warned Heeyoung. Just how. How can I? "I'll try."

"How are the meals here?" She changed the topic.

"They're delicious. Far from my expectation of hospital's food." Heeyoung went along with the talk.

"Maybe they're delicious because it's your boyfriend who feeds you everytime." teased the nurse. Heeyoung rolled her eyes. "Oh please."

"I think he treats you better than the nurses here." No, he's paying his sins off. "You're exagerrating it." said Heeyoung.

The nurse chuckled. "No, I'm not! I've been watching him this long. He's a good caretaker. You're lucky to have him." She insisted. Lucky? I don't think so. If I were lucky to have him, I wouldn't be lying stupidly here. Heeyoung faked a smile.

"Okay, we're done. Have a rest, have a great day."

"Thanks." Heeyoung smiled politely at her.

"You're welcome." The nurse packed up her stuffs. "You guys really look good together. I adore you both, really." The nursed again. She winked at Heeyoung then left. If only I could throw a chair at her.