She's Gone

Home Is In Your Eyes

L.Joe had been crying alone at the park. I'm in my dream, aren't I? Someone please tell me I'm dreaming. He slapped himself, hoping that it would wake him up from his nightmare. I'm not. He couldn't believe he had made such a big mistake. You're completely a jerk, Lee Byunghun. You never listen to people around you. You're not brave enough to admit your mistakes. You're not brave enough to face the truth.

Minsoo was right. I was a jerk to Jihyeon. I'm the one who couldn't let Jihyeon go. She didn't deserve me. She made a right decision to leave me. She didn't deserve a jerk like me.

That's why. That's why Heeyoung never put any interests on me. I'm so selfish. I blame people for my mistakes. My stupid mistakes. Soo Jin was right. I'm a coward. A big time coward. I even can't admit my own mistakes. I never see myself on the wrong side. I blame people for my fault over and over.

I let down so many people around me. I let them down by my attitudes. I'm truly a jerk. You are, Lee Byunghun. You are.

I'm the one who wasn't grateful to have Heeyoung beside me, even though just as a bestfriend. She's kind enough to accept you as a bestfriend, Byunghun. You asked for more. You're so selfish that you hated her for dating Minsoo. The one whom you hated for your own mistakes. Heeyoung didn't do anything wrong. You hated her because you couldn't admit the fact that she didn't love you more than just a friend. You're jealous of Minsoo, Lee Byunghun. Admit it.

******

L.Joe wasn't the only one who's curious on Heeyoung, Minsoo couldn't stand his own curiosity about her disappearance either. His heart walked him to Heeyoung's place after school. He stopped by the convenience store across Heeyoung's apartment to calm his growling stomach.

Minsoo was at the cashier, waiting for his change. He glanced outside. He couldn't believe what he saw from afar. "Uhm.. Excuse me? Here's your change." The cashier snapped him back.

"Okay, thanks." Minsoo went outside the store rushingly. He blinked his eyes for a few times. It's real.

Heeyoung was walking together into the apartment area with Changjo and Ricky. Minsoo's jaw dropped open. He couldn't believe any single thing he saw. Changjo and Heeyoung seem closer than before. But wait. That's way too close. What on earth is happening?! Minsoo felt like running madly towards them and beat Changjo up right away as he saw the two kissed. But he got no rights to do it anymore.  No.. They're not. It's not happening. No fcking way.

Minsoo was spying them still. Gritting his teeth to hold his anger. She's...wearing the same uniform with Changjo and Ricky? So, she's... What?! She's moving to their school?! Wait. It's really Heeyoung, isn't it? Minsoo clumsily took out his phone and dialed Heeyoung's number. In a split second, the girl whom he thought as Heeyoung was taking out her phone. It's really her. Heeyoung just took a glance on the screen then putting it back to her pocket without picking the call up first or even bothering to reject the incoming call.

"Maybe I should change my number as soon as possible." Minsoo overheard Heeyoung.

He had already felt hurt seeing Heeyoung and Changjo kissed, and then he had to hear those words from Heeyoung's own mouth. He was crushed down to the smallest crumble. So..those are the truth. Seeing is believing, right? Minsoo dragged his lifeless body back to his place, aborting the mission he's doing. I have to start erasing her from my life. Just like what she's doing to me right now.

******

The bell on Jihyeon's place rang. She went to the front door to get it. All the bad traumatic things flashing back through her mind. She couldn't move an inch. She stepped back to get on her defense, about to close the door again.

The guest held the door open. "Don't." He said. "I came in peace."

Jihyeon gulped. She's frightened as hell. "Go.... Go away. Don't ever come here again. Just please. Leave me alone. Go."

The guest begged through his eyes. Tears started streaming down his face. "Please give me a chance to make it right."

"W..what else do you want from me, Lee Byunghun?" asked Jihyeon, stuttering.

L.Joe sighed. "I..If only you could read my mind right now. There are too many things I want to say to you. Just.. I don't know from where I should start."

Jihyeon tried to close the door again. "Jihyeon-ah, please." He pushed the door open by his weakened body. She was still having the scared look on her face. "I'm sorry, Jihyeon-ah. I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry." He slumped down on his knees.

Jihyeon was holding onto the door knob, trembling. She stared forward blankly, not looking at the guy kneeling in front of her. Those traumatic things were still flashing through her mind. L.Joe's shouts, L.Joe's bursts of anger, L.Joe's slaps, L.Joe's hits, L.Joe's punches on her. She closed her eyes.

"I don't know what else to say than sorry. I really am. I'm sorry I didn't apologize to you right away. I'm sorry I didn't apologize to you sooner. It's because I...I just realized that I've been being a jerk to people around me. My biggest sins lie on you. I'm scared on my ownself when I think about what I've done to you in the past. I was a monster to you. You..you really didn't deserve me. You didn't deserve a jerk like me. That's why you went for Minsoo, my own bestfriend. He's a good guy. He's not a jerk. He treated you better. But I was the one who couldn't admit my own faults. I always saw him as the one who stole you away from me. When actually..I was the one dumping you off slowly by my attitude towards you. I never saw myself on the wrong side. I never wanted to." He paused. "Everything that happened around me these days, makes me realize that I... I made people hates me through my own attitudes. I let down the people I love." She didn't budge. Somehow, she could hear his sincerity through his voice. Liar. He's a liar, Jihyeon.

"I want to apologize for all the bad things I've done to you in the past. I know it's hard for you to forgive me for those. I know how bad those were. I know you might bring those bad memories all your life. But I really want to apologize. I really mean it. I'd do everything for you to pay my sins off. I'm really sorry I don't do this sooner. I really am sorry." His voice cracked. "It wasn't myself back then. It was the devil inside me. My real self loved you so much. My real self wouldn't hurt you. I really.. I-" L.Joe couldn't continue.

Silence. Jihyeon teardrops started falling. She remembered her old days with L.Joe. The lovely days.. The lovely days which then turned into hell days. L.Joe confused her. He got angry badly on small matters. When L.Joe's sweet words turned into harsh swears and curses on her. When his gentle embraces turned into rough slaps and hits. When the angel turned into a devil. It really wasn't him. More than a year had passed, but the memories remained in her mind.

Jihyeon was down on her knees too. She approached the sobbing L.Joe hesitantly. She moved her hand forward to touch his face. The face she used to embrace. He closed his eyes as she caressed him gently, feeling her soft touch he had been missing so much. "Sshh..." She hushed him. The caress soon turned into a warm hug. She still had heart despite everything she'd been through. She once loved him.

Her acts made him cried even harder. It hurt him more. He used to abuse her but then she's the one doing those warm and kind things on him, not even having any intentions to revenge. An eye for an eye. I don't mind if you do so, Jihyeon-ah. I deserve it. I do. I really do.

She his hair softly, hoped it could calm him although her hand couldn't stop trembling. She wiped his tears as she looked into his eyes. She didn't see the monster in him anymore. She didn't see those burning eyes of him. He's not a liar. Tears streamed down on her face slowly. "I'm seeing the real Lee Byunghun now. The old one I love." She finally spoke.

"I'm really sorry, Jihyeon-ah. I'm sorry I couldn't be the real Lee Byunghyun you loved to see on our last days. I'm sorry." He stared back into her eyes. Then he closed his eyes, crying his lungs out. Hoping all his sins flowed out along with his tears.

******

L.Joe was walking hesitantly. Go, Lee Byunghun. You're a man, be brave to admit your faults. Go. He pushed the bell.

The door opened. Minsoo hissed as he saw L.Joe. He slammed the door closed.

L.Joe pushed the bell continuously, annoying Minsoo so that he'd go out again. "What the heck do you want?! You've beaten me up, wasn't that enough?!"

"I'm not starting another fight here." He gulped. "In fact, I want to admit and apologize all my faults on you. If you don't mind, please give me a minute to speak." Minsoo crossed his arms and leaned onto the door frame. He scanned L.Joe. His face was red and swollen. He just cried.

L.Joe stepped closer. "I...I'm really sorry for everything, Minsoo-ya. I've been the jerk, for both Jihyeon and Heeyoung. For you too. I'm sorry for accusing you on stealing Jihyeon away from me. I was too blinded to admit my faults. I've been having problems with myself. I couldn't believe what I did to Jihyeon back then. I said I loved her but what I did wasn't more than just being a monster for her. You saved her. You saved her from me. I should've thank you for that if I really loved her, not hating you. I thank you for keeping her safe from me back then." Tears forming inside L.Joe's eyes. Minsoo stood still, waiting for more.

"I didn't think clearly when I beat you up. I didn't think that Heeyoung would know and what's the worst thing that could happen to me after. I..I was happy that she hated you from the start. Because I hated you too after what had happened between us before. Although I was trying to forget the past and be more kind to you, deep inside, the hatred towards you was still alive. Then that project came, she changed. I saw you two kissed. It broke me down. She told me she dated you in a sudden. The hatred and the anger came out again and burning bigger. The misunderstanding between Heeyoung and you had pulled the trigger. What's worse that I heard Jihyeon's name mentioned by Heeyoung. It doubled up my anger. It brought up the forgotten memories. While I was a bit relieved that Heeyoung was gonna hate you again, she started acting normally towards you like nothing happened between you two. It made me worried that she's getting back with you. I kept asking her about it but she seemed hiding something from me, she's not telling me. I couldn't stand to stay still, then...the fight occured." L.Joe spoiled everything. "She found out right away on the next day. She was mad at me. Really mad. It was bad. I..I haven't seen her until now." His head hung low.

Minsoo sighed. He remembered all the things he just saw before he went home that day. Heeyoung kissed Changjo, Heeyoung in the same uniform as Changjo and Ricky... Minsoo kicked the door, startling L.Joe whom stepped back right away to his reflex. "I..I'm sorry, Minsoo-ya." Minsoo was upset, he tried to hold his tantrums. What happened between Heeyoung and L.Joe is the reason. But there's nothing to be regretted then. She's gone already.

"I'm sorry, Minsoo-ya. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry to disappoint you, I....I made everyone around me disappointed. I'm sorry." L.Joe apologized over and over.

Minsoo took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "There's no use if we continue the fight either, though." Minsoo finally spoke.

L.Joe who had been hanging his head low, raised his head up to look at Minsoo. "She's gone."

L.Joe frowned. "Gone?"

"She moved to Changjo and Ricky's school." added Minsoo.

"Today Mr. Kim told me she moved out. But I... I have no idea where she moved to."

"Well, you know where she moved to now." Minsoo shrugged. "And..she's dating Changjo."

L.Joe's eyes widened. "W...what?!"

Minsoo nodded. He told everything he saw that day. L.Joe rubbed his temple. "There's no use if we keep fighting over her. There's no use for you to keep chasing her to beg her apology. She's starting a new life without us. Let her go, Byunghun. Let her live her own life while we continue living ours."

 


 

A/N:

An early update! Hope you guys like it! The story hasn't ended yet! ^.^

Thank you for subscribing, reading, voting, and commenting! I really appreciate them all! Keep commenting btw! {}