Choi Changjo

Home Is In Your Eyes

Another weekend had come. Heeyoung's mom really did what her daughter wanted, not caring about her anymore. Heeyoung felt like a little burden had been taken off of her shoulders. The problem hasn't been yet solved though, she sighed. She couldn't stop thinking about Niel. Her friendship with L.Joe went well although it's a bit more like awkward lately after the little skinship they had that day at the school field. And nothing changed between her and Minsoo. Wait. What? Minsoo? Why do I even care about him? That poor mannered jerk.

Heeyoung had been wondering how he could contact Niel. She wanted to call him, but it would cost her much. She knew that her bestfriend didn't go well with internet either. Screw you for being anti-social, thick lips. She cursed. She had been thinking if she should send him a letter. Yes, a letter. The one you write with your own handwriting. Yah, don't even think about that. All you need is to contact him as soon as possible. Not like you're sending a letter to your penpal.

Heeyoung decided to send him an e-mail with big hopes that he would read it. Betting her life off, she typed desperately all the things happened to her. She didn't realize that her teardrops started to stream down. She had been wishing since she typed the first letter. Really hoping that Niel would read her mail.

******

"Let me call her now. Wait a moment," Ricky told the boy beside him before he started dialing a number from his phone. "Hello? Heeyoung-ah!"

"Mwo?" Heeyoung asked the culprit whom disturbed her nap. "You better have something important for disturbing my sleep or else," she threatened. She had been closer to Ricky lately, even closer than she was with L.Joe. Ricky's cuteness had melted Heeyoung's heart. He's like her own dongsaeng although they're in the same age.

"Ya! How could you find yourself sleeping in this nice day?! Come down to the park! We should have some fun! Hurry!" Ricky ordered her. He half threatened Heeyoung, yet he still sounded cute.

"Stop telling me what to-" Ricky had ended the call before Heeyoung could even finish her sentence.

"Done." Ricky grinned at the boy beside him who's busy setting up his skateboard.

******

"Haish this kid! Really!" Heeyoung cursed as Ricky disconnected the call. She got off her bed and started dressing up. She put on her sweater and brushed her shoulder length hair rushingly. She went out her room to realize she was all alone at home. Her mom must be out somewhere. Ah, I don't care.

It didn't take her too long to find Ricky there. He was skateboarding with someone else. At first she thought it was Chunji, but it wasn't.

"What took you so long?" Ricky asked as soon as he saw Heeyoung was approaching him.

"Ya! I'm a girl, I had to dress up a bit!" she nagged.

"You didn't look like one." Ricky . "Oh by the way, this is my friend." He pointed at the boy sitting before him.

The boy smiled. "Hi, I'm Changjo. Choi Changjo. N-nice to meet you." The red haired boy introduced himself.

"I'm Heeyoung. Park Heeyoung." Heeyoung greeted him back. "What have you guys been doing here?"

"Well, we were skateboarding, but now we're tired." Ricky wiped his sweat.

"If you're done then why did you even ask me to go down here, babo?" Heeyoung rolled her eyes.

Ricky grinned. Actually I just wanted you to meet Changjo, kekeke.

"Why don't we go out somewhere? Buy something to cool us off in this hot weather." Changjo advised.

"Did you mean by buying an air con?" she shrugged. Changjo stared blankly at her, not getting what she's talking about. "Don't look at me like that! I was just joking! Haish, why don't people get my jokes these days." She hit his shoulder lightly. Changjo laughed when he got that she was actually joking.

"He just don't want to make you feel bad. You really weren't funny," Ricky chuckled.

Heeyoung pouted and slapped Ricky's head lightly. Then she laughed at herself. "You're right, though." She admitted.

This girl has really got something special in her. Ricky was right.

******

"Tell me about the girl you've been talking about." Changjo's curiosity bombarded Ricky.

Ricky explained everything about Heeyoung. From the first time he accidentally saw Heeyoung crying until the littlest details he knew about her. Changjo listened to him seriously while nodding his head a few times. "I just found her attractive. She's kinda...special? In an unusual way. You could find another similar words to describe her. At first I think it was just me, then I asked Chunji hyung and even he felt the same about her. She was hesitant on everything she did at first, but later she spilled like almost everything to me and Chunji hyung," explained Ricky. "She really trusts us."

"It seems like you guys are in love with her, huh?" there's a slight of jealousy in Changjo's voice.

"Yes, and no. Yes, we're in love with her. But no, we don't have any intentions to date her, really. It's a family love. We love her as much as she loves us. We treat each other more like a family. Siblings. Despite the fact we've just met only for weeks," Ricky explained more, getting another nod from Changjo. "I just feel like introducing her to you."

Changjo's eyes widened, a bit shocked but his heart started to thump faster. "So why don't give it a try now?" he challenged Ricky.

"Let me call her now. Wait a moment."

******

"Thank you," they said in unison as the waitress served their orders. They ended up in an ice cream shop not far from the apartment.

Awkward silence was hanging around as soon as the waitress left. "Ya! I'm not stranded on a desert, aren't I? Say something! Anybody?" Ricky broke the ice. Choi Changjo, stick with my plan. He glared at Changjo when Heeyoung was focusing herself on her ice cream. Changjo moved his gaze right away. He knew what Ricky's glare mean.

"You said something just now." It's Heeyoung, looking at Ricky. Changjo choked on his ice cream, hysterically laughing.

You should thank me later, Choi Changjo. Ricky gave another death glare at Changjo whom still dying in his laughter. "Whatever." Ricky rolled his eyes.

The awkwardness melted down slowly after Ricky's threat, but the moment they're enjoying didn't last long as Ricky cut off the conversation between them. "Guys, I'm sorry. I have to leave first. Chunji hyung asked me to get something done," told Ricky after checking on his phone. "I'm really sorry. You both have fun here without me, okay? Bye!" then he ran off when the other two were still swallowing his words. Ricky definitely left the two in silence.

"Well...." Changjo tried to start a new talk when he felt his phone vibrated. "Uhm, wait," he told Heeyoung.

Good luck! You better use the chance as good as possible! ^^ Ricky texted him. He hissed.

"So...?" Heeyoung raised her eyebrows. She's staring at Changjo, wishing he'd start the talk first.

Changjo smiled warmly at her. That killer smile. No. Her heart was suddenly thumping. She turned his gaze away from Changjo. He chuckled. Damn. He must have caught me blushing.

"Ricky-ah babo! He didn't leave us any bucks to pay his bill." Changjo cursed.

Thank God, Heeyoung sighed in relief. She liked it when Changjo said 'us' somehow. What is this weird feeling. She inhaled deeply and started to focus back on Changjo. "He must have got it from babo Chunji," she added, laughing along with Changjo.

As time went by, they started to enjoy theirselves. Just the two of them together. Feels like meeting an old friend. Heeyoung was really enjoying the time she had with him. "Do you have a boyfriend?" asked Changjo out of the blue, seemed hesitant yet serious.

Heeyoung's eyes widened at his absurd question. "Mwo? No! I've never had any relationships before. My bestfriend when I was in the US is a boy. We're so close that others think we're dating. Maybe that's why there wasn't any boy who came to me. And I think I don't look that girly for them either." She killed her awkwardness by scooping her ice cream.

Heeyoung could see the tense on Changjo's face somehow melted. "Ah, wait." He wiped the tip of gently with his thumb. She was all frozen. All she could do was staring in disbelief at him. "Uhm, s-s-sorry. I-It's my reflex. You left a bit of ice cream there," he badly stuttered, somehow looking guilty.

But it wasn't only Heeyoung who was shocked. Another guy was frozen at the shop's doorstep when he accidentally saw what Changjo did. The guy had already made his way out before Heeyoung could even notice him.