04.

Home Is In Your Eyes

Every relationship has its struggles. I really thought those sufferings I had had was the only struggles I got to face. I thought I had tasted enough bitterness to get the relationship started, but it's all wrong.

I almost lost her.

It's about that Hana girl from our class. I don't really like to recall these memories actually. It was our biggest quarrel ever. We hadn't ever fought that bad before. I don't think we even ever fought.

I had no idea how I didn't recognize her jealousy all along. It went on for weeks and I didn't have any single ideas about it. She suddenly pulled me to talk and literally exploded. I was completely clueless. Her sudden anger triggered mine. I was mad for her unreasonable tantrums on me. Well, it's reasonable after I found out though.

I was dumbfounded as she left me. I was standing still on my feet for moments in that deserted room, trying to process what had just happened. My focus was screwed badly. And Hana kept following me for the whole event, making me feel worse and worse as some students started giving those stares at us.
Hana vanished right after the event ended, finally. Heeyoung was right. I hurt her by not doing anything. I couldn't do anything right.

Ricky asked me what's wrong when I was resting for a bit back at the committee room. It was just the two of us there. I rubbed my temple, frustrated. The stress I'd been holding came out as a river of tears as I told him what happened between Heeyoung and me. Ricky wasn't better than me. He looked at me with the most regretful expression of him I'd ever seen.

He knew it's gonna happen. But he kept telling himself that it wouldn't. But then it happened for real.

He told me about Heeyoung's jealousy for the past weeks. He begged for my apology, for not telling me about her problems, for taking a part to make the worst came alive.

I was speechless knowing that he actually had known about the matters. But I couldn't blame him for what happened. He kept Heeyoung's secret safe with him, even when he had to keep it from me, his own best friend. I should have been grateful instead, shouldn't I?

We sat in silence for a while, trying to calm our anxious minds.

Later we went to his place. Another hell I had to get burnt inside.

Chunji was suspicious by our bitter expression knowing that Heeyoung hadn't arrived back home yet. His instinct concluded it right away that there's something wrong between us. I could never lie to him. He's just like my own brother, my blood brother. He could see through me without having me explaining things to him. There's no use for me to hide the fact from him.

He exploded.

Of course, as her brother, he got the right to blame me for that. I was given the implicit mandate to take care of her and I failed.

I couldn't say another things than sorry. I made him disappointed without any doubt.

Ricky tried his best to save me from Chunji's tantrums but it didn't change a thing. Chunji even scolded him for defending me instead of Heeyoung. It was a checkmate for Ricky and me. We played it safe by staying still, letting Chunji poured it out at us.

I really met the end of me when I heard Heeyoung's voice suddenly spoke behind me. She had been back home without any of us noticing her arrival. I met my end, but it was worse for Chunji. He was caught red handed scolding Ricky and me about her. I was still compiling the pieces of my soul while Chunji tried to ease the awkwardness.

Heeyoung smiled instead. She smiled.

She then moved her gaze towards me, making my breath stopped. She stared at me for a moment before started walking to her room, leaving the three of us under the awkwardness atmosphere which still hanging around.

Chunji and Ricky encouraged me to follow her. I stayed still on my own, hesitating, before I finally got up since Chunji's sharp gaze started tearing myself.

Heeyoung was sitting down on her bed when I walked into her room. I closed the the door slowly, taking my time to focus myself back on the matter and to calm my heartbeat rate. I made my way to sit across her, sitting in silence, waiting for her to speak first.

Her soft voice calling my name to start the talk triggered me to flow out another river of tears from my eyes. I sobbed. I had no idea how I should defend myself anymore since there's nothing to be defended actually. I was scared just by imagining the worst scene which might happen after. The scene of us walking alone. The scene of me living out my hell days again, my painful days without her.

She called my name again and hugged me. I didn't know what she's hugging. I didn't feel myself was there. Everything drove me insane.

I tried to speak but I couldn't do it properly. My whole body was trembling by the emotion I had. She circled her arms around me tighter.

I tried to speak my mind up. Everything I felt, everything I'd been thinking of.

But then she was the one asking for my forgiveness and kept telling me sorry over and over again.

I dared myself to caress her cheek as I asked about her demeanor I hadn't ever known before. I waited for her answer, but I didn't expect for her tears to answer me instead. I instinctively pulled her into a hug, her lovely hair like I usually do.

I wiped her tears with a forced and nervous smile formed on my face. I couldn't do anything than to hug her tighter as she told me how worried she was to lose me, to have me stolen by Hana.

I vowed my promise again, the one that I had told her in every single day, before I was shot in the head by her answer. "But I haven't promised you that."

I choked on my breath. I clenched my eyes shut as I told myself that hell isn't over yet. It's just the new start for another hell I'd be living in.

"I'm gonna promise you that now. I'm gonna promise I'll never leave you again." Her words after were the most relieving part. I let out a sigh, blowing the burden out. "Will you take me back?" she asked the unnecessary.

There's no such a thing called 'taking her back' in my dictionary. We never broke up. Then why should I take her back for?

"We didn't even break up, dear. We didn't. We never." I smiled warmly at the angel sitting across me. I demanded her not to mention about those break up thingy anymore in the future. We never ever break up. We never did and we never will.

I sealed her promise with a kiss. I didn't know how much I cherished that kiss since I'd been expecting I couldn't have it again. Nor that I could hold myself not to again right after. "Can't we just get married right away?" She nagged at me, of course, but that didn't stop me from teasing the one whom should been teased.  "Getting married after high school sounds great, doesn't it?" I smirked at her.

Heeyoung hissed as her eyes grew widened, eyeing me. "You're crazy!"

"Crazy in love?" I leaned my face closer to her, "Yes." I my lips on hers, kissing them like the first time. "So, we're getting married after high school?"

Her annoyed blank stares judged me. "Damn it Heeyoung! Just say yes!" I rolled my eyes, finding myself being the one annoyed then. She chuckled, feeling pleased by her attempt to annoy me back. She kissed me without any further ado. "Now I'm sure that's a yes," I muttered between the kiss.

"I didn't say yes!" Heeyoung pulled herself from me. The nagging queen was back.

I snorted. "Park Heeyoung, just admit it. You said yes inside you, I knew it. You're not good at lying." I messed her hair, making it worse then a bird's nest.

Heeyoung puffed her cheek, defeated. "I wish I could resist you."

I let out my evil laugh as I pinched her pinkish cheek. "Never."

 


 

A/N:

Hello guys! Finally I got to update. Changjo's POV ended here and the new scenes will be on the upcoming chap! :-)