Agony

Home Is In Your Eyes

Heeyoung's mom was nowhere to be seen. Meanwhile Minsoo was still there beside her, sleeping. Oh God he didn't leave for real. He skipped school to be here. She rolled her eyes. Minsoo startled when Heeyoung coughed. She glared at him. "Why are you still here?"

Minsoo rubbed his eyes, yawning. "Byunghun has been calling you since morning." Ignoring her question. He took Heeyoung's phone and passed it to her instead. Heeyoung was confused. She checked her phone even her hand was trembling hard. Missed calls and texts from L.Joe. She dialed his number. Minsoo was sitting there, anticipating the talk between Heeyoung and L.Joe.

"Byunghun-ah. I'm sorry I didn't answer your calls and texts. Well.. Uhm.. I'm at the hospital." said Heeyoung without even being bothered with Minsoo's presence there. "Yeah, but I'm better now." She continued. Then she told L.Joe her location. Damn, he's coming. "Okay, see ya." Heeyoung ended the call.

Minsoo pretended that he had heard nothing. He decided to play game on his phone instead to kill the awkwardness. Just a few minutes then he stopped.
"Your mom told me to feed you lunch. She's out for a while. The doctor will have a visit in an hour and you should've had your lunch already by the time he comes." Heeyoung stared at him. "You don't have to feed me. I can have it by myself."

Minsoo didn't say anything. He prepared her lunch and tilted her bed up. He didn't pass the spoon to Heeyoung, preparing himself to feed her. "Open your mouth." He ordered coldly as he moved the spoon closer to Heeyoung. She glared at Minsoo. "For God sake, Heeyoung. Please make this easier." He looked into Heeyoung's eyes. His tired gaze begged Heeyoung.

Heeyoung lost. She actually wasn't sure that she would able to eat by herself and finished before the doctor came. She swore in her mind why her mom had to leave her with Minsoo. Minsoo had never fed her before. Heeyoung closed her eyes while she's chewing the food, minimalizing the eye contact between them. He fed her again. Heeyoung was staring blankly at other direction. Suddenly she could feel Minsoo wiped her lips. She felt that Minsoo was actually her lips, not wiping. She was a bit startled but she was too tired to argue. She didn't budge, just pretending everything's fine.

Just right after she finished her lunch, L.Joe came. He was shocked to see Minsoo was there. Moreover, it's clear to him that Minsoo looked like he had stayed the night there. Without any words, Minsoo got up and went out. He slammed the door. Heeyoung sighed as L.Joe gave her a questioning gaze.

"I don't really want to explain about it." Heeyoung answered his gaze. L.Joe ruffled her hair. "What happened to you?" He sat beside her.

"I don't know." The two then talked about school and other things. L.Joe didn't ask about Minsoo since Heeyoung had warned him before. Later, Minsoo came back to the room with the doctor beside him. He didn't say anything still. L.Joe moved away from his place.

"Good afternoon, Heeyoung-ssi. How are you feeling now?" The doctor greeted her.

Heeyoung smiled weakly. "Better. But I'm still feeling weak and dizzy." The doctor noted something on his paper.

"Everything's been quite stable since last night. But her breath and heartbeat were a bit fast for a few times, and her body was still trembling. Also her consciousness still come and go. She can't stay awake for long." L.Joe's face was stiff, so was Heeyoung's. She glanced at Minsoo. So that's what he did over the night. He was really watching me? To the smallest detail he saw?

The doctor nodded at Minsoo's explanation and kept writing something on his paper. He checked Heeyoung's blood pressure and the installations. "Okay. Call me later if you feel something unusual." He told Heeyoung. "And Minsoo-ssi, keep the good work." He smiled at Minsoo. Heeyoung swore quietly. "Please have a rest." The doctor told Heeyoung. He gave a slight bow then left. Followed by Minsoo. Leaving Heeyoung and L.Joe speechless.

"He's been staying here since yesterday?!" L.Joe's question was answered by a weak nod. "Replacing my mom to watch over me. All I knew was that he's already sitting beside me last night. I didn't even see he came."

"Aren't you guys not together anymore?" Confused L.Joe asked again.

"Well.. Yeah uhm It's complicated. I don't want to talk about it, really."

Few minutes later, L.Joe left. Minsoo went back to Heeyoung's room, bringing some medicines for her. He prepared them without saying anything. He just gave her signs to have the meds. Then Minsoo back to his seat beside Heeyoung after helping her having the meds, still not saying anything. He took out his phone and started playing game again.

"You should sleep." Heeyoung told him. She noticed the black spot around his small eyes.

He glanced at her. "Later." He was back on his game. Heeyoung sighed and decided to sleep.

******

When Heeyoung woke up, her mom had replaced Minsoo. Heeyoung thought Minsoo had gone home, turned out he just moved to the sofa and slept there. That stubborn guy. She sighed. "Sorry dear, I couldn't accompany you this afternoon. I had some important works to be done." Her mom Heeyoung's hair. Heeyoung smiled at her. "It's okay, Mom."

"I'm really grateful your boyfriend volunteered to stay here. Last night I told him to go back home instead. But he insisted to accompany you. He insisted not to go to school. I had no other choice. But in the end I'm really helped by him. I can't imagine if he hadn't been here." Oh yeah, great. I haven't told her that I've broken up with him. No wonder she let him in last night. It's uncomfortable to see him around. But in fact that he's the one responsible for making me down like this. Moreover, mom is feeling helped by him. Tsk. If I tell mom now, she would scold me for sure. And probably scold Minsoo too. If I don't tell her, it means I have to see Minsoo around here for days. Gosh. I should've told her right away back then. "Heeyoung?" Her mom poked her, seeing her daughter just staring blankly without responding to her words.

Heeyoung startled. "Oh."

"Are you okay?" Her mom looked worried.

Heeyoung nodded. "Uhm.. Mom? Have Minsoo eaten something? I haven't seen him eat anything." No wonder how much she hated him, deep inside she's still care. He's a human that needed to eat. Moreover, he had stayed awake all night to look after her. She hated to admit it but she owed him for that.

"Oh you're right. I haven't asked him either. Looks like he hasn't had any meals. Is it okay if I leave to buy him meals?" Her mom asked her back. Heeyoung nodded. "Okay, I'll be back soon." She kissed Heeyoung's forehead then left her with sleeping Minsoo. Her medicines shut her eyes off again.

******

Heeyoung woke up to the buzzing in her room. She tried to gain back her consciousness. Her mom had been back already, talking with Ricky. He waved at Heeyoung. Changjo was sitting on the chair beside her, while Chunji was sitting at the end of the bed. Minsoo was having his meal, still on the sofa. Minsoo avoided her gaze when their gaze accidentally met.

"Good evening." Chunji greeted her. Heeyoung smiled and gestured him to come closer. She hugged him tight. She regretted why she didn't tell him about her problems. He's a brother she could count on. "Yah, why are you crying?" Chunji wiped her tears.

Heeyoung shook her head. "I miss you so much."

"Me too." He kissed the top of Heeyoung's head.

"How are you feeling today?" Changjo asked.

"Better. Thanks a lot for yesterday. I don't really remember what happened." said Heeyoung.

"You're welcome. Get well soon, so we can hang out together again." He smiled. The warm smile of him which Heeyoung missed, remembering the old days. "You treat." teased Heeyoung.

"Only if you're healthy and cheerful again like you used to." He held Heeyoung's hand.

"Call." She opened her arms to hug him. Changjo missed it so much. He her hair, forgetting the fact that Minsoo's actually in the same room.

Without their knowing, Minsoo was spying from a far. He left the room, feeling disturbed with Changjo's affection. Chunji moved his body closer to Heeyoung and Changjo. "Yah steamed buns are you flirting?! Her boyfriend was watching!" He whispered to the two.

Changjo was flustered. He glanced around to search for Minsoo but he had gone. "Andwae hyung! Why did you call this flirting!" He blushed.

Heeyoung chuckled. "You're so dead with him." Chunji scared Changjo.

"Uhm.. Guys?" Chunji and Changjo glanced at her. "Actually I.. I broke up with him weeks ago."

"WHAT?!" Chunji and Changjo shouted in unison, shocking Heeyoung's mom and Ricky. Heeyoung was panicking. She gestured Chunji and Changjo to keep their voice low. "It's nothing. They just didn't get my joke." She lied to her mom and the confused Ricky. Heeyoung explained everything to the two guys after seeing her mom and Ricky already back to their own talk.

"So... Why is he staying here?" Changjo asked carefully.

"I haven't told my mom that we've broken up. He appeared here and has been helping my mom to look after me. Even my mom told me that she felt really helped by Minsoo." added Heeyoung. "It's complicated. Even myself still can't understand these all."

"Forget it for a while. You have to recover fast. Don't mind those things for now." Chunji patted her. I don't think I could forget it even for a split second, Oppa.

Ricky joined them. Minsoo still hadn't been back. "I'm buying coffee. Anyone?" Chunji announced. No responds from the other. "Nope? Okay." Then he left the room. Ricky and Changjo were then telling Heeyoung the chronology when she collapsed the day before. Ricky was curious what happened actually with her. Then she spoiled everything to him too.

******

Minsoo was wandering randomly in the hospital. He couldn't stand to see Heeyoung and Changjo anymore. Changjo's gaze on Heeyoung is just... Ugh. It disturbed me. He loves her more than a friend. It's not the first time I'm witnessing his affection through my own eyes. I've seen it since the first time I saw them together at the ice cream parlor back then. He loves her. He's ready to take over my place. He decided to stop by the cafeteria.

Do I still have the chance? Does she still loves me? I can't stand having a poker face all the time. All I want to do is showing my love and affection for her. But... She already said that we're done. She's not mine anymore. I can't be mad at her for being too close with Changjo nor... L.Joe. He sighed. That Byunghun kid. His gaze can't stop mocking me everytime after I broke up with her. He's like the happiest guy on earth for now. Laughing on my agony. Byunghun can't stop making troubles. I can see it coming.

Why are you doing this to me, Park Heeyoung? I know I've been a jerk for you since our first met. But that doesn't mean I'm dare enough to love someone else than you. Doesn't mean that I'm dare enough to betray you. Doesn't mean that I'm dare to hurt you. Because.. Hurting you means hurting me too. But unfortunately you don't know it. He buried his face onto his palms.

 


 

A/N :

Guys guys guys! I'm still waiting for your comments! I'm begging! :-(

For all the readers, please spend a few minutes to leave comments! Thank you! {}