Lovely Couple

Home Is In Your Eyes

Heeyoung sat down on her living room's couch, ready to go. She was waiting for L.Joe to pick her up. She wore a short white dress with some black accents on it. It's just a coincidence for her to have a dress which matched L.Joe's suit she chose for him back then. Her mom did a simple updo for her hair and put on a light make up as well after winning the quarrel because the daughter didn't really go along well with make-ups.

It's 10 minutes to 9 when Heeyoung's doorbell rang.

"Are you ready? My parents are waiting in the car," L.Joe asked as soon as he saw Heeyoung.

"Yep." Soon, her mom appeared behind Heeyoung. "I'm going now, mom." She walked out to stand beside L.Joe.

Her mom smiled, "Have fun!" then she waved at the two.

They started to move. "You look different." L.Joe glanced at her.

"Yeah, I know. My mom insisted to put some make-ups on me." She puffed her cheek.

"No! I mean, you're uhm.. you look beautiful," he stuttered. "It's not like you're not beautiful before, you're just..more beautiful than usual," he corrected.

Heeyoung blushed, chuckling to ease the awkwardness. "You just insulted me."

"What?! Of course I didn't! You really are beautiful, I'm not joking today."

"Thanks then." She grinned as he hit his arm lightly.

L.Joe opened the car's door for her to get in first when they arrived at the parking lot.  Heeyoung greeted his parents before getting into the car.

They arrived at the party 40 minutes later. L.Joe and Heeyoung didn't exchange any words during the trip. Heeyoung was looking out the window for the whole trip. Her mind wasn't there. L.Joe kept stealing glances at her, he knew it too. Heeyoung was just being kind to accept his invitation. L.Joe wasn't really sure if she really wanted to go or not. She's a really good actress, he sighed before cursing himself for overthinking again.

L.Joe's mom twined Heeyoung's waist after they got out the car. "You're so beautiful, dear." Her eyes scanned Heeyoung from head to toe.

"Thank you. You too," Heeyoung smiled shyly at her.

Soon they gathered at the party, it was a garden party. Heeyoung stuck to L.Joe everytime he moved. Her high heels made her clung on L.Joe everytime.

"Byunghun-ah! How are you?" one of his relation, whom later known to be his aunt, greeted him when Heeyoung and L.Joe accidentally bumped at her. "Woah, who's this beautiful young lady? Hm.. I think I knew it. How long have you been dating? Our Byunghunnie has finally grown up now!" she guessed  as she saw their twined arms.

L.Joe blushed, "It's not like what it looks like! She's my bestfriend," L.Joe corrected it, preventing the awkward atmosphere. Heeyoung smiled and gave a slight bow.

"Ah, I thought she's your girlfriend. You should have get one then!" she nodded surely. "You both look good together by the way." Receiving an awkward laughter from the two. "I'm going now. Have fun!" she patted L.Joe's shoulder and walked away.

"Don't mind her words, okay? She's always being like that," L.Joe told Heeyoung.

Heeyoung chuckled, "She's funny though."

Well, you mean it would be funny if we're dating? I really have no hope on her, he sighed. "Let's find some food," he changed the topic.

"Oh, wait." She grabbed L.Joe's arm to stop him moving.

L.Joe frowned, "What?" He just finished asking when Heeyoung already touched his chest.

"Your tie was slanted," she answered as she was tidying up L.Joe's blazer.

L.Joe was dazed. His mind went crazy. "O-oh thanks." He held Heeyoung's hand again and started walking. She thought it's funny, L.Joe-ya. Don't think too much.

******

Heeyoung glanced at her wristwatch. It's already 1pm. I should be going. But... L.Joe looks so happy today. He just can't stop smiling and holding my hand. Is it because of me? Chunji's words went through her mind again. Yah stop being overconfident. It's gross.

Heeyoung poked L.Joe, he looked at her right away. "Hm?" he mumbled, still smiling.

"Uhm.. It's 1 already. Is it okay if I'm going now?" she asked hesitantly, showing guilt. She really felt guilty, she didn't make it up.

The smile disappeared. "Oh.. Yeah, are you going by yourself?" she could see the disappointment on his face. "Or...," he hesitated, "Minsoo will pick you up here?" it's really hard for him to mention Minsoo's name.

"I'm going by myself, I didn't tell him that I'm going here today. Is it really okay for me to leave?" she wanted to make sure again although she already know it wasn't.

L.Joe nodded. "Yeah, you can go now." Heeyoung went to say goodbye to his parents first. "Be careful," L.Joe told her coldly when she's ready to leave. His smile had gone for real.

She smiled awkwardly. "I will. Bye! See you!"

He stared at her until she disappeared from his sight. What should I do to make you love me, huh?

******

"Sorry I'm late," Heeyoung apologized as she sat across Minsoo. He had been sitting there when she arrived at the restaurant they'd visited almost everyday since the first time they started doing the project. She expected an answer or at least a nod from him. But he was frozen at his place. Heeyoung could tell it by his expression. "Ah," she said as she looked at herself too, finally realizing what made him looked shocked. "Sorry, I'm going to change my clothes first."

"No need." His words stopped Heeyoung whom was about to stand up again. She raised her eyebrows. "It will waste our time, just use this if you feel uncomfortable." He took off his jacket and kind of throwing it to her. Actually, he didn't want to waste the chance to see Heeyoung's special appearance for at least one day. She's really beautiful, he tried to calm his mind off. Heeyoung caught his jacket at the right time. She sat back to her seat and spreaded his jacket to cover her exposed thighs.

They started working right away. The conversation didn't continue. They're just exchanging a few words if necessary. Soon, Heeyoung was checking up Minsoo's work for the third time, sighing. "It's still wrong at this, this, and this part," she told him as she pointed at his mistakes. "What's wrong with you? You did well before. You seem to lost your focus. It's your third time having it wrong. Focus, Minsoo."

He inhaled deeply. "I'm sorry." You're the reason why I lost my focus badly today. Minsoo couldn't get his eyes off of Heeyoung since the beginning. Her unusual appearance had stunned Minsoo so much. All he wanted to do was staring at her, spending his time, and having fun with her for real. Not by working on a stupid project with her. Soon, Minsoo. Soon. He told his mind. Minsoo's mistakes made them spent more hours than usual there. It's already 8pm when they went to the cashier to pay their bills.

"I see you coming here everyday lately," the shop owner started a talk. The two just smiled politely at her. "It's really nice to see a young couple like you both spending your date time by studying." Minsoo gulped while Heeyoung's expression went dull. "You guys really look great together. Seems like you've been dating for years, haven't you?" the lady was unstoppable.

"It's not like what it looks like." Heeyoung copied L.Joe's line before. It's stupid how others thought she was with her boyfriend everytime just because she was with her friends and they're boys. Minsoo stood still at his place.

The shop owner chuckled, "Ah, you don't have to deny it. It's not like I'm going to spill it to your parents or something." She joked while taking their change from the drawer. "Your cool boyfriend doesn't deny it though." She's referring to the frozen Minsoo. She laughed again before giving the change to Minsoo. Heeyoung glared at him, but he didn't notice it because he's busy recounting the change.

"Uhm, sorry. I think the change is excessed," Minsoo finally talked to the lady.

Gosh, I think he's going to defend us or something. Heeyoung rolled her eyes with her arms crossed.

The lady smiled. "No, it's right. I gave you guys a special discount for being a lovely couple." She let her annoying high pitched laugh out again. "I just feel like giving discount to you guys because I see you often here."

Minsoo scratched his head and laughed along, awkward one. "Thanks a lot," he thanked the owner. Heeyoung kicked his leg, causing him to grunt a bit. "Oh, and we're not a couple. We're really not." Minsoo got what the kick was for.

"Your girlfriend just threatened you to deny it again, right?" the shop owner was being stubborn. "Come here more often," she smiled at Heeyoung's annoyed looks.

"We will," promised Minsoo without glancing at Heeyoung. He already knew that she must be giving him death glare at that time.

"That lady is really a stubborn," Heeyoung muttered soon after they left the restaurant. "I don't think I could stay still if she didn't give us discount."

Minsoo chuckled, "What would you do to her if she didn't give us discount?"

"Maybe like what I did to you back then," she answered mindlessly. Minsoo stopped laughing all of a sudden.

"I'm sorry about it. I really regret it. I didn't know you'd be that angry," he confessed.

Actually Heeyoung was joking, he didn't expect Minsoo to respond it that way. "Ya, I was just joking. Well, you were born to be annoying." She tried to make up the sudden gloomy atmosphere.

They took the subway home, sitting side by side without talking. Heeyoung's effort to make up the atmosphere was failed apparently. "My stop is next," Minsoo told Heeyoung. Heeyoung didn't budge. "Which one is yours?"

"Three stops away," she answered without looking.

"I'm going now," Minsoo told her again as they felt the subway slowed down.

"Go." Heeyoung shooed him away. Minsoo left her soon after the door opened. Heeyoung closed her tired eyes. It was one stop away before her stop when she opened her eyes. To her surprise, Minsoo was sitting beside her. "Ya! What are you doing here?!"

"I was about to pick my jacket up." His answer made Heeyoung checked her body right away. She had been wearing his jacket since her dress was quite exposing. She felt her face burning in embarrassment.

"Why didn't you wake me up so you could get off 1 stop after?" asked Heeyoung while taking Minsoo's jacket off.

"You looked so tired," he answered. "I didn't heart to wake you up. I've bothered you so much today. By the way you can take it off later."

"Eh? Why? You said you're picking it up."

"I'm walking you home," he said coldly.

Heeyoung's eyes widened. "What?! You don't have to!" she's glad that the subway was quite deserted at that time so she could yell freely at him.

"Tsk. Look at yourself," he scoffed. Heeyoung took a look at herself, it’s her short dress. "I know I'm a jerk but I'm still responsible. Note that."

"You're the one who didn't let me change my clothes first!" she defended.

They arrived at Heeyoung's stop right after she finished her sentence. The two got off. "Go take the subway back to your place," Heeyoung told Minsoo.

"Shut up and lead the way," he ordered coldly. Heeyoung sighed again, she did what she was told. Then she realized why she obeyed him right away.

They walked in silence. Heeyoung told Minsoo to go home when they arrived in front of the apartment building. "Ya! It's just few meters away!" she started getting annoyed when Minsoo didn't want to go.

"I'm walking you home it means I'm walking you until you reach your doorstep." He glared at Heeyoung.

Heeyoung sighed again for Minsoo's stubbornness, he's not even better than that shop owner. "Whatever." And she led the way again.

"Go," she told him for the umpteenth time. That time they had arrived in front of Heeyoung's place. She had took off the jacket and passed it to him, turning her body to unlock the door.

"Wait." Minsoo grabbed her arm.

Heeyoung turned her body to face Minsoo again. "What else?! You want to walk me to my bedroom too?" she was clearly annoyed.

Minsoo stared at her without saying anything. Heeyoung stared back at him, but she realized that his gaze was somehow softened. To her surprise, her heart started pounding faster. "Never mind. Bye." He left her disappointed for nothing.