Jealousy

Home Is In Your Eyes

"Don't worry too much, she just had a fever and she's coming back to school tomorrow," L.Joe told Minsoo when the break time had come. He just couldn't stand seeing Minsoo glancing at Heeyoung's desk every minutes during the lessons like she'd appear out of nowhere. The tense on Minsoo's face was then gone slightly.

"Thank you so much." Minsoo held L.Joe's hands.

L.Joe smiled in reply. "No prob."

L.Joe was then sitting alone at the deserted spot when he saw Soojin approaching him. "Are you here alone by any chance?" she carefully asked him. L.Joe simply nodded. "Do you mind if I sit here with you?" she asked again shyly.

Honestly L.Joe wanted to be alone, but he didn't heart to shoo her away. "No, I don't."

The girl took a seat beside him. "Where is Heeyoung?" she started the talk.

"She's sick," he answered shortly without wasting his time to take a glance at Soojin.

Seeing L.Joe's cold response, she went silent for a moment before gathering the guts to ask him another question. "I might sound rude, but I want to ask you something." The two covered by silence once again. "Are you dating Heeyoung?"

L.Joe didn't budge. "No," he finally answered. "We're bestfriends." The girl let out a relieved sigh.

Silence came again. "You might not notice that I've been keeping my eyes on you since we made it into the same class." L.Joe stayed still. "I was enjoying all by myself seeing you from afar. I was just admiring you. I didn't have any courage to come to you. Until Heeyoung moved in and you both got close," Soojin stared at him. "From that time, I feel jealous everytime I see you together. I know that watching you means that I have to see her too."

I think I could see where this would end up at, L.Joe thought. "I went through hard times to gather up my courage to be talking to you now." L.Joe listened to her words, processing them slowly in his mind. "I know the probability would be at the least amount. But I don't care how it would turn out to be. I've struggled to just gather the courage and what's left is doing it now. You might’ve known what I'd say after this. I just want you to know my feelings towards you," Soojin's voice cracked. "I love you, L.Joe."

L.Joe gulped, it happened. To be honest, Soojin was actually pretty to him. She's nice and smart. He didn't know her more than just as classmates. He was shocked by her courage to confess to him. She must be really jealous of Heeyoung and she used the chance when Heeyoung wasn't around me. "I'm sorry, Soojin-ah," he spoke up, still not even looking at Soojin.

"I've expected this, though. At least you got to know my feelings," answered her. "However, thanks for listening me."

"You're welcome." He glanced at Soojin, finally. His expression was stiffen all that long. The girl smiled a bit at him. He stood up and started walking, leaving the girl alone.

"I know you love her." Soojin was already walking before him. She had chased him up somehow. L.Joe stopped walking, shocked by Soojin's words. He glared at her. "I can see it. I'm not that blind to see your lovey dovey gaze at her." She smirked.

L.Joe turned his body and continued walking. "You're such a coward for not letting her know your feels!" Soojin shouted. L.Joe clenched his fist and walked faster.

******

Heeyoung left for school the next day. She was all better but she still saw the worried looks on her mom's face, but she threw that thoughts away. She had convinced that she's okay, she really meant it, but her mom was still showing the same worried looks.

It was quite deserted when she arrived at her class. It's still 20 minutes to go, though. Minsoo had been sitting on his place. Their gaze met for a sec. Then Heeyoung walked away to her desk. L.Joe had been on his place as well, busy doodling. Heeyoung greeted him. He forced a smile without saying anything and went back to his business.

Not for a long time, she saw Minsoo walking towards her. What does he want, she shot daggers at him. "Mind to talk for a sec?" asked Minsoo. L.Joe eyed them from the corner of his eyes. Somehow he didn't like Minsoo for being close to Heeyoung. He understood how Soojin felt when seeing him with Heeyoung.

Heeyoung sighed. Then she stood up and walked outside, followed by Minsoo. L.Joe stared at their back with hatred. He was glad that Soojin hadn't arrived at that time so she couldn't see his jealousy towards Minsoo.

Heeyoung and Minsoo ended up at the school field. She purposely walked far enough to somewhere deserted so nobody could watch them if she happened to argue with Minsoo again. She crossed her arms and stared at Minsoo without saying anything.

"I'm sorry," he started carefully. Heeyoung was still staring at him, not bothering herself to open and speak. "I don't know what else I can say, all I want to say is that I'm sorry, I really meant it. You don't know how I felt guilty all the time since that moment. I couldn't focus at class knowing that you haven't accepted my apology. And you didn't come for two days even made me more guilty than ever. I've tried to do the project by myself and I gave up. Mr. Kim was right. The situation isn't really kind for me lately." He couldn't tell Heeyoung's poker face. He could feel his voice was being shaky. "I deserve this, I know. But please, I beg you. I promise I won't be a jerk anymore. I promise I'd do what you ask me to do. Please, just please. Forgive me and help me."

"I was sick yesterday. We're going to work harder after school. Don't go anywhere," Heeyoung answered coldly and she started walking back to class.

"Do you forgive me?" Minsoo chased her up.

"Depends."

******

"Where are you going now? Home?" L.Joe asked right after the school bell rang.

"No, I'm going to work on the project with Minsoo," answered Heeyoung while packing her things.

"Ah.... Don't force yourself. Don't go home too late, you just recovered," warned him.

Heeyoung smiled. "Copy that!" then she walked to Minsoo who had been waiting for her at the doorway. "Bye L.Joe!" she waved at him before leaving with Minsoo. Minsoo smiled a bit at L.Joe, but he didn't respond it.

Heeyoung led the way again. "Where are we going now?" Minsoo asked.

"Borrowing some books from the library as references and probably we're going to find some quiet restaurant or something so we could discuss freely without disturbing others," answered her straight up without glancing at Minsoo.

"Why don't we just go back to class?" Minsoo innocently asked again.

"You want to get caught by the school keeper again, don't you?" Heeyoung's words finally shut his mouth up.

Heeyoung wrote a list of books they needed on a piece of paper as soon as they arrived at the library. She tore up the paper into half and gave one to Minsoo whose jaw dropped open as he watched Heeyoung doing those things in a flash. "You go find these books, while I'm searching for these. Go back here after you found them all." Then she left to search the books. She went to the librarian's desk to put the books she got after 10 minutes searching, but she didn't see Minsoo around. She left to find Minsoo after leaving some words to the librarian. Then she found him still searching for the books, a bit panicked when he saw Heeyoung's coming. Heeyoung frowned, "Have you found them?"

He ruffled his hair awkwardly. "Uh... I've found two out of four." His face showed guilt.

"How often do you go to the library?" she rolled her eyes. "Give me the list. You go to the front desk and give the books you've found. Say to the librarian I'm the one borrowing them." She left again, not even giving a split second for Minsoo to say something.

After another 5 minutes, they finally left the library. They walked a few blocks away from school without exchanging any words. They ended up in a small restaurant which looked quiet. They sat across each other and started their work after ordering some snacks.

"I've done a bit on this part," Minsoo told Heeyoung, pointing at the paper.

"Hm. Not bad, go on with it." She gave the paper back to him and started working her part. She was too immersed on her work until she didn't realize that Minsoo had been stealing glances at her a few times. No wonder she got the best grades. She really is a hard worker, Minsoo sighed.

They had been working for two hours when they decided to take a rest. Heeyoung took a deep breath as she rubbed her temple. "L.Joe said not to force yourself," reminded Minsoo. Heeyoung startled. She glared at him for a few sec before closing her eyes for a moment. "Is he your boyfriend?" Minsoo asked.

Heeyoung opened her eyes right away. "What? He's not!"

"Really? You two looks like a couple." Minsoo's comment made him got another glare from Heeyoung. "Or.. Is it the red haired guy?"

Heeyoung frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"That red haired guy whom you dated in the ice cream parlor few weeks ago. He's your boyfriend, isn't he?"

Her eyes widened. "H-how did you know?"

"So he's really your boyfriend, eh?" Minsoo ignored Heeyoung's question.

"N-no, he's not," she stuttered, still shocked from Minsoo's sudden question. "H-how did you know about him?"

"If he's not your boyfriend then why you both were so intimate?" he continued interrogating her.

"Ya! What are you talking about! He's not my boyfriend! And stop interrogating me like a criminal!" snapped Heeyoung. "Bang Minsoo, I asked you, how did you know?" she asked the same question for the umpteenth time.

"Does it really important?" he smirked. Heeyoung smacked his upper arm. "Okay, okay. I saw you both there at the ice cream parlor."

"How come I didn't see you?" asked Heeyoung in disbelief.

"It's because you're blinded by that red haired guy," . Well, you're right though.

"Shut up or I'll leave you with this project," she threatened him back, which got laughed at. "I said shut up." He tried to stop his laughter. "Let's continue our work." She changed the topic.

"Let's just call it a day." Minsoo tidied up the stack of paper in front of him.

"What?!" she asked him half shouting.

"It would be useless if you forced yourself too much and you fell sick again, it would waste the remaining days we have." He got his wise there.

Heeyoung sighed in defeat, "Okay then."

It's already dark outside. They splitted up at the subway station. Minsoo insisted to walk her home at first since it's already dark but she didn't want to. He didn't want to ruin the good atmosphere they had been having so he decided to give up.