Best Friends?

Home Is In Your Eyes

"I'm going now, Mom." Heeyoung told her mom.

She hugged Heeyoung. "Whatever your decision is, I hope it's the best for everyone."

Heeyoung nodded. "Me too." She smiled then left.

******

"It's Byunghun, right?" Heeyoung asked right away as Minsoo opened the door. She went to Minsoo's place first before going to Changjo's.

Minsoo gulped, shocked by her sudden visit. "Yeah."

"Tell me what happened between him, Jihyeon, and you. Everything." ordered Heeyoung.

They went in and sat on the couch. Minsoo sighed. "I.. I actually don't really like talking about that."

"Just please, I need to know what the heck happened back then." Heeyoung insisted.

Minsoo stayed still, hesitating. "Byunghun and I were best friends. He was dating Jihyeon that time. The three of us went out together too sometimes. They had been dating for quite a long time then Byunghun started changing. Even I didn't understand it. He was being short tempered. He was quiet. He started making a gap with me. I thought he was having some kind of problems with Jihyeon. I didn't want to find out more because I thought it's their personal matters."

Heeyoung listened to him seriously. "But it kept going. We didn't hang out frequently as usual. I tried to talk to him, he always told me he's okay over and over again. He even scolded me sometimes for asking too much on him. Actually I did it because I cared about him, he's my best friend after all, right?"

"Then one day, about a month later, Jihyeon knocked on my door. I was completely shocked. She was standing in front of me, crying hard. She looked so scared and frightened. She was all black and blue, her pale white skin was covered by bruises." Heeyoung covered , shocked by what Minsoo just said. He nodded. "She told me that L.Joe's acts had been changing for the past few months. He easily got mad at her, sometimes for no reason. He often abused her. She tried to break up with him but he didn't want to. That day was the . L.Joe beat her up badly just because she's not contacting him since the day before. She kept demanding to break up but what happened was just L.Joe beat her worse. She told me everything L.Joe had done to her. She spoiled everything."

"What happened to them then?" Heeyoung keep digging up.

"She never met L.Joe again. She tried her best to avoid him. She's feeling traumatic from that accident. Jihyeon was worried that L.Joe would search for her and abused her or threatened her again. But he's gone. He was completely gone. It's really weird. He didn't even come to her place to apologize nor to talk about their relationship." told Minsoo. "Since that day, Jihyeon often came to my place. L.Joe and I avoided each other at school. Then, Jihyeon and I started dating secretly. I...I really wanted to protect her from L.Joe that time. L.Joe was completely a monster for her." Minsoo sighed.

"As time went by, L.Joe found out that we're dating. He didn't do anything to Jihyeon fortunately, but he blamed it all on me. He...beat me up after school. He accused me for stealing Jihyeon away from him. Everything went hard for me and Jihyeon. L.Joe kept pressuring me. I was tired. Way too tired. Our relationship didn't last long. I never talked to L.Joe again." Heeyoung was immersed into Minsoo's story.

"Then you came." Somehow Heeyoung felt guilty for that. "I've been worried about you for being too close to L.Joe. He looks so different in front of you. I doubted him. But I tried to think positively that he had changed. I dared myself to ask him about you when you're missing from school after we fought on the project back then since you guys looked close. Miraculously he talked to me like nothing had happened between us. I really thought he really had changed." He sighed.

"Then we started dating. I could see he's back to his old self in a sudden. The bad one. That gaze full of hatred towards me was back. I knew he fell for you. I knew he's mad at me for dating you. I realized he hadn't changed at all. I really wanted to tell you about his past but he's your bestfriend. You wouldn't trust me for telling that like out of the blue. You would think that I made it up to keep you away from him, to hate him. That's why I was just keeping the safe distance between me and him and keep watching you to prevent him from doing the same thing like what he did to Jihyeon back then." Heeyoung was holding her tears.

"It happened again. He beat me up, accusing me for cheating on Jihyeon for you then. He didn't know that I had broken up with her. He didn't know that it was a misunderstanding between us either. You didn't tell him what I had told you, did you?" asked Minsoo.

Heeyoung shook her head. She's the one to blame for that. "I'm really sorry for not telling him the truth. I know he hates you, I was sure he wouldn't trust any single thing I told him if I did. He would just think that you're just lying and I trusted your lies easily and he would keep blaming you no matter what. That's why I shut my mouth up everytime he asked about us. I was tired convincing him not to hate you." Heeyoung hung her head low. "I'm really sorry about the attack, Minsoo-ya." She apologized.

Minsoo nodded, approving. "I understand your motives."

"I saw all the cuts and bruises he got. They were just like yours. That's why I was sure that it's him even though I hadn't check on the others. I don't think Chunji, Ricky, and Changjo would recklessly do that." said Heeyoung. "I...I'm not befriending him anymore. His faults are unforgiveable."

Minsoo was the one who's shocked then. "W..what? I didn't convince you to hate him, really."

Heeyoung nodded surely. "No, I decided it yesterday. It's not because of your story just now. I just can't take it anymore. He's been lying to me from the start. He's been fake. He's a liar. Just so you know, I can't trust him. I don't know why I always feel like I just can't trust him. I haven't been able to open up myself to him until the last second I talked to him. I don't trust him as much as I trust Chunji and Ricky."

"I don't know what happened to him. I still don't understand it. He's having troubles inside him." Minsoo sighed.

Silence. Their mind were wandering everywhere.

"It's all my fault. If only I didn't meet you guys. Things wouldn't be complicated like this." Heeyoung's voice cracked.

"Don't. Ever. Say that. Don't ever wish that we shouldn't have meet each other." Minsoo glared at her. "We all made mistakes."

Heeyoung a bit shocked with Minsoo's words. "I'm sorry. I'm just....ugh." She rubbed her temple. Minsoo moved closer. He took Heeyoung's hand and held it tight. I miss this feeling, your warm grip on my hand. Minsoo pulled Heeyoung's body into a hug. Heeyoung let her body being locked by his hug. She closed her eyes as she leaned on Minsoo's chest.

The two stayed still. No words. All they could hear was each other's breath and heartbeat. Heeyoung felt like crying but she tried hard not to cry. She couldn't cry yet. She still had to go to Changjo's place after. She didn't want Changjo to see her swollen face.

Heeyoung moved a bit, making Minsoo loosen up his hug slowly. "Well... I really thank you for telling me the story. But I have to go now."

"Oh... Okay. You're welcome. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it back then. If only I did this earlier maybe it could be different." Minsoo bit his lip.

They walked to the front door. "Don't mind it. I thank you once again." She smiled. "I'm going now."

"Heeyoung-ah." Heeyoung turned her body. Minsoo had kissed her before she could ask anything. She unconsciously kissed him back. "I love you. Forever."

I love you too, Bang Minsoo. She couldn't speak it out loud. She kissed his cheek then left. I hope I made the right decision.

 


 

A/N:

Ack! The fic is ending soon! I really meant it now!

Keep your thoughts flowing out on the comments section! I'm waiting for it! <3