Tell Me Why

Home Is In Your Eyes

Changjo and Heeyoung were pretending to act normally like nothing happened before. They're back on their talk athough there’s still an undeniable awkwardness between them. It's already 6 in the evening when they decided to go home.

"Eh? Shouldn't you walk that way and take the subway?" asked Heeyoung when she realized that Changjo had been walking beside her all along.

Changjo laughed at Heeyoung's question, "What? You expected me to leave you right away? Of course I can't!"

"Why can't you?" she was still not getting Changjo's words.

"How could I let you walk back home alone? Ricky would kill me if I let you," he scoffed. "O-of course I couldn't let myself either. No, it wasn't because of Ricky! He's just another reason! Walking you back home is my will! Really!" he rushingly corrected before his words could mean another way to her mind.

Then Heeyoung was the one laughing at Changjo's reaction, "Ya! It's still 6 and my place is just two blocks away please."

"Andwae." He held Heeyoung's hand and started dragging her. "Come on."

Heeyoung was startled by his action, again. She couldn't do anything else than holding his hand tighter.

******

"How was it?"

"It went smooth, I think. Uhm, not that smooth. It was good at least. Actually I'm glad you weren't there, I could imagine how you would laugh at me and wouldn't stop making fun of me for months." Changjo was playing with his fingers. The person on the other side of the phone started laughing. "Stop it, Ricky! You hurt my ear!" Changjo grumbled.

I was just imagining it," said Ricky after he could stop himself his laughter. "What happened by the way?" his tone turned serious.

"Just like an ordinary date. We became closer. She even dares to scold me now. Is that a bad news?" Changjo half joked.

Ricky couldn't help to laugh again. "It's a good news actually! She even scolded me at the first time we met!" he shouted excitedly. "So, did anything go wrong? How did she respond you after all?"

"Good to hear then. Well," Changjo paused for a second, hesitating, "I think her respond was good. But I just can't guess what's on her mind for real. You're right though, I really like her."

"Ah, it's fine. It will take time. Tell me the whole story at school tomorrow, okay? Unless you would pay my phone credit. Choi Changjo, annyeong!" Ricky disconnected the phone before Changjo could even answer him.

******

Heeyoung had been on a staring contest with her ceiling, recalling all the things happened that day. She didn't think Changjo was that mature and gentle. His smiles, his voice, his laugh, his attitude, the way he wiped my lips, the way he looked at me, the way he held my hand. He's just so nice. She was unconsiously smiling while thinking about him. It's only our first met. Did I just fall for him? Is this love? Is this how it feel?

"Gaaaah!" she buried her face onto her pillow when her phone vibrated. One new text message. She opened it excitedly.

Heeyoung-ah! We're going out tomorrow after school, right? I'm just reminding you hehe you promised me! Don't forget, okay? See you! :-)

Ah, L.Joe, she sighed in disappointment.  Gosh, what's wrong with me. She pouted and started replying L.Joe's text.

Her phone rang right after she sent her reply to L.Joe. She put it on her ear right away.

"Ya L.Joe! I've replied your text! At least give me a sec to type! Gosh, why you're so impatient. I always keep my promise!" she nagged, but it turned into a silence. "What now, Lee Byunghun? Say something or I won't go out with you tomorrow!"

"H-Hee Young?" she jerked up as she heard the familiar voice across the phone. Heeyoung's breath stopped in panic. Heck no. "It's me. Changjo."

She tried to remember all things she just said. "Oh my god, Changjo! I'm really sorry! I thought it was my friend! Oh my god what have I done to you! I'm sorry! Please forgive me! Pleaaase!" the words just bursted out randomly from . She bit her lip as she waited him to respond.

"Hahahahaha it's okay, it's okay. Things like that happened anytime,he answered calmly. It's actually a relief for her but her heart beat faster instead. Gosh, his voice is so lovely. "So, you really dedicate yourself for scolding and swearing at people, eh?"

Heeyoung's face was burning hot. I just ruined my image. I'm screwed anyway. "Ya! Stop it! Are you volunteering yourself to be the one I scold next?"

"I don't mind to be scolded by you everytime." His cheesy answer slumped her down. She couldn't imagine how red her cheeks were. "I think I'm getting used to it."

She couldn't help to bury her face onto her pillow again, embarrassed. She just loved the way he talked. "Changjo please, you make me feel worse." All she could hear was Changjo's laugh. She loved it though, didn't care that she’s actually the laughing object. "What is it by the way? Why did you call me?" finally she got the guts to ask him.

Changjo's laugh stopped, hesitating. "Can't I?"

"O-of course you can! You can call me anytime! I'm just-" her words were cut off.

"I miss your scolding already." Teased Changjo before he let his lovely laugh bursted out again. "Your scolding to that Lee Byunghun-ssi made me forget why I called you."

His tone was slightly changed when he mentioned L.Joe. That Lee Byunghun-ssi. Was he jealous? "Stop teasing me! You really are volunteering yourself to get scolded, eh? Call me everyday and I'll guarantee you a daily scold." Yeah, call me everyday.

"Call!" he agreed before started laughing again. "Well, it's getting late now. You better go to sleep."

Heeyoung smiled shyly. She was glad Changjo didn't see her being a freak since he called her. "Ah, you dare to order me now."

"Mwo? I'm just letting out my caring side."

"Gross! You haven't had your meds, have you?"

"Whatever. Good night! Have a nice dream!"

"You too. Bye." Heeyoung felt sad to end the call, but she found herself smiling and giggling right away after realizing what just happened.

She couldn't wait to meet him again. Now I'm sure it's love.

******

Heeyoung couldn't focus on everything at school. She couldn't stop daydreaming about Changjo although she still felt deadly embarrassed by what happened the night before. She had promised to accompany L.Joe finding some good suits for him since he’s going to attend his cousin's wedding in a few week. His mom was too busy so she asked him to go with Heeyoung instead.

"What do you think?" L.Joe waved his hand in front of the spaced out girl. "Hello there?"

"Uh.." She just realized that he had put on another suit. "What? How come you've changed to another one?" asked Heeyoung, confused.

"What do you think?" L.Joe asked again, ignoring her questions. He knew that Heeyoung wasn't really there all day.

"A blue suit?! Oh God, please. You're attending a wedding party, not a prom," she scoffed in disbelief. She got up from her seat and started searching for a more appropriate suit. "Try this on." She took a suit, an off white suit with a black border along its collar, from the rack and passed it to him right away. She went back to her seat, waiting for L.Joe to try it on.

She was playing her cellphone aimlessly when he suddenly appeared in front of her. "How about now?"

Heeyoung looked up to see him and scanned him head to toe, leaving hanging open. "Woah.. You look really great. I mean it, I'm not joking. You look handsome." L.Joe showed his eyesmile. "Go give it to the store assistant and pay it right away!" she ordered him.

L.Joe's smile was gone as soon as he heard Heeyoung's order. "Ya! I think you're gonna admire me for today at least! Turns out your real self is back." He pouted and went back to the changing room.

"You're hungry, aren't you?" L.Joe guessed as they went to the cashier.

"How do you know?"

He laughed, "I've known you for a while. Let's eat after this. I'll treat you."

"Woah really? I won't regret my compliments to you today!" Heeyoung grinned.

"Consider it as my gratitude towards you for accompanying me today. Food is the only right thing to cheer you up!" L.Joe smiled and hugged her neck, dragging her outside.

I think my friends are addicted of dragging me around everytime.

******

"So, tell me." They ended up in a fast food restaurant.

Heeyoung frowned, "Tell you what?"

"Tell me why you really isn't there on your place today." L.Joe just got the guts to interrogate her.

Heeyoung was hesitating whether she should tell him about Changjo or not. "Uhm.. Actually.. I went on a date with someone yesterday. Well, it wasn't supposed to be a date, but it just turned into one somehow."

He choked."What?! Come again?"

"You heard it.” She shrugged, showing an awkward grin at him. "I just met him yesterday and I think I really like him. Honestly, I haven't fallen in love before. So actually I don't really know how it feels, but I think I love him." She looked up at L.Joe's shocked expression. "It's weird I know. It was only the first met," she continued. "Say something! You make me feels weird."

He gulped, he couldn't face the truth yet. "Who's the bad luck guy?" asked him with his poker face on.

"Ya! What's with the bad luck guy thingy!" she scolded but he didn't budge. "Well, his name is Changjo. He's Ricky's friend. We three went to the ice cream parlor and not for a long time Ricky had to leave. So Changjo and I stayed there. And he walked me home. Nothing special."

So, the lucky bastard guy is called Changjo. I should see him later.

"You sent me a text last night, remember?" L.Joe nodded. Heeyoung told him what happened in the night before when she mistook Changjo as him.

"That guy really has a bad luck. He even accidentally got scolded by you," he chuckled. A forced one. He was just faking it up. Well, I think it's just me being hypersensitive. She threw away those negative thoughts.

"Stop it! What should I do? I've never done these kind of things before," she asked nervously.

What you should do is staying away from him and take a look at me a bit more. "Do what you think you got to do." L.Joe faked a smile.