Starting Over

Home Is In Your Eyes

"Everybody, please welcome your new classmate." announced the teacher. "Ms. Park, you may introduce yourself." The teacher asked Heeyoung.

Heeyoung nodded. She smiled at the other students. Ignoring the two boys who were staring in disbelief at her from the back of the class. "Good morning, everyone. I'm Park Heeyoung. I just moved back from America. I'm 100% Korean. I was born here. It's really good to be home again. I hope we can be good friends. Thank you." Heeyoung bowed.

"Thank you, Ms. Park. You may now go to your seat." told the teacher.

Heeyoung walked to her seat at the back. She tried to smile to everyone who looked at her. Heeyoung felt happier that moment. Her new classmates seemed friendlier than her old ones. I hope so. But she didn't smile to the two boys beside her seat. She glared at them instead. The two boys were whispering something to each other then, annoyed Heeyoung.

"Welcome to your new class, Ms. Park." One of the boy whispered to her. He giggled.

Heeyoung didn't glance at him. She focused looking at the board. She kicked the boy's leg instead to shut him up.

"Ack!!!" The boy grunted loud to his reflex, making the whole class' attention turned to him at the back.

"Are you okay, Ricky-ssi?" asked the teacher.

Ricky grinned, hiding his pain. "I..I'm okay, sir." Heeyoung smirked in satisfaction. "I can't believe you made it here." Ricky whispered to Heeyoung.

"Me too." Heeyoung mouthed the words and smiled at him.

******

Heeyoung was sitting still on her seat after the break bell rang. The others were going out of the class excitedly. One of the girls approached Heeyoung.

"Hi, Heeyoung-ssi. I'm Hyojung. Do you wanna go out with me and the others?" The girl named Hyojung smiled.

Heeyoung shook her head and smiled politely. "Nice to meet you, Hyojung-ssi. Thanks for the offer. Next time maybe. I'm staying here."

"Okay." She smiled back before going out with the others.

The class was deserted in a flash. Leaving Heeyoung and the two culprits beside her.

"You should start being friends with girls." Ricky told Heeyoung. "Hyojung is a right person to start with."

"Aren't you one?" Heeyoung laughed. Ricky's face darkened. "Well, you're right though. I'll try. I noted her name first now."

"Hello, Heeyoung-ssi. I'm Changjo. Nice to meet you," The boy beside her finally spoke up. He took his hand out of his pocket to shake her hand. "beautiful." He continued. He smirked teasingly at Heeyoung and circled his arm around her waist.

"Shut up." She hit Changjo's biceps lightly. "Well, nice to meet you too, handsome."

"How's your first day?" asked Changjo. "You really can't stop making surprises, can you?"

Heeyoung laughed. "Great so far. The others seem better than my old classmates. Don't worry." She kissed his lips lightly.

"Aish you two! Helloooo? There's another person standing here please!" Ricky snapped. He had been standing awkwardly there, watching the two lovers.

"I'm sorry, Ricky-ya." Heeyoung ruffled her bestfriend's hair.

Ricky pouted. "You have to be kind to me, Choi Changjo. If it wasn't because of me, you'd never meet Heeyoung!" Heeyoung laughed at his words.

"If we really meant for each other we would still meet, despite your help." Changjo stucked out his tongue.

"Huh! Whatever! Screw you!" Ricky stomped, walking out of the class.

"Yah! Wait!" Changjo chased Ricky.

Heeyoung shook her head on their acts. I'm really in love with them.

******

"Where are you going?" Heeyoung asked Changjo who's following Ricky and her after school.

He grinned. "Accompany you home."

Heeyoung twined her arm with Changjo's. "Don't worry. Just go home. I'm safe with him."

"I don't trust him." said Changjo, teasing Ricky. "Moreover, I know martial arts, he doesn't. Logically thinking, you're safer with me." Changjo bragged.

"You two just go! Just leave me alone! Turns out Heeyoung moving to our school was a bad idea!" Ricky pouted, then left the couple behind.

"Yah!" Heeyoung chased Ricky and backhugged him. "Don't mind him. Let's go." She grabbed his hand and walked along together.

"Yah! Park Heeyoung! How about me?!" Changjo yelled.

"Whatever!" Heeyoung shouted back without glancing at him.

He rushingly chased Heeyoung and Ricky. "I'm following you two." Heeyoung rolled her eyes.

"Alien." mumbled Ricky.

Changjo smacked Ricky's head. "Mwo?!" challenged Ricky, provoking Changjo's short temper. The two boys began quarrelling.

"Guys! Stop fighting for stupid matters." Heeyoung nagged.

Changjo and Ricky started quarelling stupidly again, arguing who's more stupid between them. Heeyoung sighed. She banged their heads together without saying anything.

"Ouch!" They grunted, rubbing their own head.

Heeyoung stared at them. "You know what? My ears hurt more from you two quarrelling every minutes. Don't make me regret my decision to move to your school."

******

L.Joe couldn't stand his curiosity anymore. Heeyoung had been missing for a week without any news. L.Joe stayed in the class when the others were going home. He approached Mr. Kim who was still packing his things up at the teacher's desk.

"Can I help you, Byunghun-ssi?" Mr. Kim glanced from above his glasses.

"Uhm.." L.Joe bit his lip. "I haven't seen Heeyoung-ssi for a week. I..I couldn't contact her. Do you know any news about her?" asked L.Joe carefully.

Mr. Kim sighed. "That girl." He sat back on his seat. "Get a chair here."

L.Joe did what he told. He sat on the chair he just dragged, waiting for Mr. Kim to continue.

"What happened between you and Heeyoung-ssi?" Mr. Kim asked right away.

L.Joe gulped. "B..between Heeyoung and I? We..we're bestfriends." He answered hesitantly.

Mr. Kim raised his eyebrow, doubting L.Joe's answer. He stared at L.Joe.

"Well, okay. We had a fight." told L.Joe. "Now tell me what happened to her."

"Was it really bad?" Mr. Kim ignored L.Joe's demand.

L.Joe shrugged. "Yeah, kind of. But I'm sorry I can't tell you more about it." He moved his gaze onto his lap. "So, are you telling me about her or not?" He lifted his head up.

"Be patient, Byunghun-ssi." Mr. Kim tried to calm L.Joe down. "I don't know what exactly happened between you and Heeyoung-ssi, and I don't know if the problem between you two had influenced her on doing this either, but if it is, I can say that it's really bad. She moved out from our school."

L.Joe stared blankly at Mr. Kim, frowning. His jaw was hanging open. He didn't get any single words Mr. Kim had said. "W..what did you say?"

"She moved out from here." Mr. Kim repeated.

L.Joe ruffled his hair in frustration. His eyes went teary. "She's really moving out from here?" He asked Mr. Kim for the umpteenth time.

Mr. Kim nodded. "I'm sorry about it. You look so.. bummed."

L.Joe was speechless. He couldn't express his feelings anymore. He got up from his seat. He bowed to Mr. Kim then ran away without leaving any words for Mr. Kim.

 


 

A/N:

Some chaps to go! Still waiting for the votes and comments! Thank you! <3