Cold Love

Home Is In Your Eyes

The phone was still ringing. L.Joe was staring at Heeyoung seriously, waiting for her to pick it up. While the girl was still staring at her phone's screen in disbelief. She felt like she hated herself for everything. Why these stupid things kept happening to her concurrently. She moved her hand to pick her phone. Since the cafe was quite deserted, she didn't bother to rushingly pick it up in case others might be disturbed by the ringtone. She glanced a few times at L.Joe. His expression didn't change, still that scary serious looks. Heeyoung's hand was holding her phone then. Her hand was trembling by the nervousness. She tried to calm her breath as she showed her phone's screen to L.Joe.

"Are you sure you're not dialing a wrong number?" Hoping that actually L.Joe wrongly dialed the number.

The guy just shook his head, still staring at Heeyoung. The ringtone stopped ringing. L.Joe disconnected the unanswered call. Heeyoung put her phone back on the table and put both her hands to cover her face. She had no idea what to do. She hated herself. Was I born to hurt people? Why can't I stop hurting people? Their table had been silent. None of them said anything. It's so quiet like they could hear each other's breath.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She knew it was a stupid question but who cared.

"How can I tell you while I knew you're in love with Changjo? How can I tell you while you're busy with Minsoo everytime? Now that I'm completely lost my chance, I just got the chance to tell you. It wasn't a proper confession either. I told you for nothing. You're the one who wanted to know just now. Now that you're already know who the girl is, do you have any last words for me?" He bursted everything out.

"You're not a coward, L.Joe. You're not." Heeyoung buried her face onto her palms again. "I blame myself. I hurt people too much. I even hurt my family and my bestfriend. It felt like I was born to hurt people."

"It's not your fault. You were born to be loved by many. Love is the one which hurts." L.Joe's words made the two went silent again. They thought to theirselves. "I thought you love Changjo."

Heeyoung raised her head. Her eyes started forming tears. "I even asked that question to myself."

"Then why? Why you chose Minsoo instead? Why did you choose the guy you hate so much?" Why didn't you take a look at me.

Heeyoung gulped. She had asked the same questions to herself and she couldn't find the answer. "I had to choose."

"But why? Did he force you to?"

Heeyoung shook her head. "He begged."

"So if I begged to you right now you might choose me? As easy as that?" L.Joe was slowly getting furious with Heeyoung's answers.

Heeyoung kept shut. She swallowed L.Joe's words with bitterness. She shook her head again.

"Then why you chose him if you didn't know yet the one whom you actually love!!" L.Joe raised Heeyoung's chin up to make her look at him straight. "Why?!"

Teardrops started falling one by one from Heeyoung's eyes. L.Joe didn't want to care about her tears. He just wanted Heeyoung to know about things she had done. He felt that it wasn't fair for Changjo and himself. L.Joe knew Heeyoung loved Changjo, but the fact she chose Minsoo instead had crushed him. It would make sense if she's with Changjo. But Minsoo?? He never knew if Heeyoung loved Minsoo, all he knew was that she hated Minsoo with all her might. But then Minsoo made his way to be Heeyoung's boyfriend. It didn't make sense. All I should have done was only begging!!!! Tsk. Funny!

"I love him." Heeyoung knew it wouldn't make sense to him but she just had to say it. "That's the truth."

"But you said you love Changjo!" He couldn't accept the truth still.

"Something undefined makes me love Minsoo more." Her voice weakened. "Something you don't understand."

"I couldn't believe what I see when you're kissing Minsoo yesterday. I thought you're gonna punch him or something but you're kissing him back."

Heeyoung's jaw dropped open. "Y-you....you saw us?"

"I hate to remember it but yes. Actually I was waiting for you. But well... you went with him."

Heeyoung looked guilty more than ever. She felt she had caused so much problems already. She didn't think the situation would turn out to be like this. L.Joe's forced confession turned into L.Joe's anger explosion. She knew she deserved it. L.Joe's words jabbed her much. But she just couldn't explain how her heart turned that fast to Minsoo. It wasn't because his begging. It was a karma afterall.

"So.. are we okay?" She bit her lip.

"It's okay. I'm okay now. It's okay that I didn't get the chance to have you. Don't pity me. Never. But just so you know, I would never accept the fact that you're with Minsoo now. Whatever you might think of me for that, but I have my own reason why I didn't like him. I just want you to find someone else than him. This isn't jealousy right now. You're my bestfriend, I love you, I want the best for you. I don't care whom you're boyfriend is, as long as it's not Minsoo. But if you're keep going with him, never ever be together around me. It's not about my jealousy that you chose him. But it's my personal matter with him. Get it?" L.Joe sounded like Heeyoung's father in a sudden.

Heeyoung was a bit shocked by L.Joe's last words. It made her curious why he hated him so much. She had to accept his demand. She didn't want to lose her bestfriend, again. "I'm really sorry once again for what happened between us before. It didn't mean that I don't love you or something. I love you. I love you so much, Byunghun. But the love is different. I love you, still." Heeyoung apologized to L.Joe again, she couldn't shoo her guilty feelings away. Their friendship just went through pass a crisis.

"It's okay. I'm trying to understand it. But remember my words about your uhm boyfriend. Whatsoever." L.Joe forced a smile.

Heeyoung hugged her bestfriend so tight. L.Joe was surprised. He hugged her back. They just saved their friendship from drowning in their selfishness.

******

The bell rang. Heeyoung rushingly ran to the front door.

"Come on in. Ricky doesn't know about this, right?" Heeyoung asked right away to make sure.

"Nope. Don't worry, I always keep my promise." Chunji stepped into the house.

"I have so much to tell you. I don't know who else I could talk to. I only asked you to come here, since some matters are Changjo related, I'm afraid Ricky would tell his bestfriend or Ricky might be hurt too." Chunji nodded to Heeyoung's explanation. "And... Remember your words back then... You're right."

Heeyoung told him everything. From Changjo's confession until the talk she just had with L.Joe that day. To her surprise, Chunji was listening to her seriously, without throwing joking comments like usual. She knew she could count on her brother.

"Actually I didn't say yes to Minsoo. I answered him with a kiss. It felt like my heart just accepted him right away. But when Changjo confessed to me, my feelings for him got stirred up badly. I love him but I don't know why I couldn't say yes to him when actually I wanted to. And L.Joe... I was really shocked about it. I'm glad that our friendship still could be saved."

Chunji frowned. "Are you sure you love Minsoo? Or was it just you're drowned into the atmosphere?"

It took Heeyoung a few seconds to think. "If I've been thinking about him from the first time we met, although I've been thinking in hatred, looking at the frequent times I think about him, do you think it's love?"

"It may be. How about Changjo?"

"I think I love him from the first day we met. I just fell for him. I love him so much that I almost confess it first to him. But when he confessed, I couldn't say yes to him. It's like my hatred on Minsoo changed slowly into love and confused my love for Changjo. Does that make sense?" Heeyoung grabbed her own hair in frustration.

"Hm... It makes sense. But you're the one who's sure about whom you love. I can't tell you which guy you actually love by just listening to what happened between you all. Listen to your heart. You have much time to think. It's all about you. Don't worry to hurt others. Love hurts everyone. Love isn't as sweet as it sounds. Love needs sacrifice, either it's you or someone else. Think about what's the best for you and your family and your friends. It's okay for you, it's just your first experience. You need to fail first to get the best." Chunji answered wisefully.

Heeyoung sighed. "Thanks for all, oppa. I'll think for the best." He patted Heeyoung's back as she hugged him.

"You're welcome, my little sister. Tell me if you need me again." Chunji got up from his seat. "I'm going now."

Heeyoung accompanied him to the front door. "Don't spoil this to Ricky, okay?"

Chunji nodded. "Don't forget to tell me your decision too!" He whispered back. "Bye!" He smiled to Heeyoung before he ran back to his place.

******

Minsoo was spinning his phone with his fingers. The after effect from Heeyoung's kiss was still there. He had never been so happy in his life. But the fact that they couldn't openly dating in school had annoyed him. After what happened between them since the first time, it would shock their friends if they came out as a couple. The others might laugh at them too. Minsoo and Heeyoung just wanted to keep it to them. Heeyoung told L.Joe though. It's because she wanted her bestfriend to know. But she didn't think it would turn out worse.

Minsoo had Heeyoung. But something seemed missing from her after that historical day. She was different from those project days they went through together. She was so kind to him, which he still didn't use to it. Minsoo laughed at his stupidity. He decided to dial Heeyoung's number.

"Hi." The quiet guy greeted first.

"Hi!"

"You know what? It seems funny hearing you talk to me like that."

Heeyoung didn't get it. "Like what?"

"Greeting me happily hahahaha you usually scold me everytime I call you."

"You want me to scold you again?"

Minsoo couldn't help to smile at himself. "Yes please."

"Why did you call me?" Heeyoung asked a stupid question again.

Minsoo threw himself to his bed. "Can't your boyfriend call you?"

"I don't have a boyfriend, sir." Heeyoung's joke made Minsoo speechless. "Yah! I was joking."

"Please don't joke around like that ever again..." Minsoo heard Heeyoung's laugh from across. "My heart just dropped."

"Put it back or buy a new one." Heeyoung responded coldly.

"So funny, girl. What are you doing now?"

"About to sleep. You?"

"Thinking about you." Minsoo giggled, teasing her.

"Tsk. Shut up."

"Well, go to sleep then. Good night. See you. I love you."

"Night."

Minsoo sighed. Did she really love me?

 


 

A/N :

For the subscribers, thank you for sticking with my poor fanfic for this long. For the one who unsubscribed, I'm sorry to let you down. My writing skills come and go. My ideas, for exactly.

For the readers and subscribers, I hope you can leave a few words of your thoughts. Tell me anything about this fic. The characters, the plot, whatever. Tell me about your favorite part maybe! :D

I really want to know your opinions! I appreciate whatever you write, I need something to learn so that I can write better :-)

Whatever you think, please comment!! I beg you guyssss! Thanks a lot! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! <3