Love & Hate

Home Is In Your Eyes

On Sunday afternoon, Heeyoung was reading a novel on her bed after lunch. It was her first day she spent without any friends visiting after she went back home from hospital. Just after she thought about that, the bell rang. Minsoo? She hoped. She was kinda... Miss him. Then she heard a knock on her door. "Come in." She shouted. The door cracked open. "Hi." Changjo greeted as he walked in.

Somehow Heeyoung felt disappointed that it wasn't Minsoo. Clear your mind, Heeyoung. He's not your boyfriend anymore. "Hello." Heeyoung smiled at him. "Sorry I couldn't make it to come over yesterday." Changjo apologized.

Heeyoung chuckled. "Oh my God. You really took it seriously. Chunji exagerrated my words. I meant, I... I want you," Heeyoung herself didn't know why she paused on that part. "to come over but no need to be rushing and feeling bothered."

Changjo blushed a bit. He smiled warmly. The smile she loved. "That hyung is really... Well, no problem. I've actually planned to visit you today. Chunji hyung called too early." He laughed. "By the way, I brought you cakes." He took out the box from the paper bag he had been holding then passed it to Heeyoung.

"See? If only I have warned you not to bother yourself..." Changjo grinned. "I think you'll like it, since you've had hospital meals for days. You need something delicious."

Heeyoung smiled. "Thanks a lot then." He just nodded at her and showed his deadly smile again. Heeyoung opened the box, she couldn't help the excitement she got. There were some slices of assorted cakes they had once. The ones they had on the day when Changjo confessed to her. "Choi Changjo! Don't tell me you went that far just to buy these!" Changjo grinned. "To be honest, yes." I'm bringing up our past memories.

"Changjo-ya..." Heeyoung pouted. "Wae?" He was confused what he did wrong. "Please don't bother yourself again next time."

Changjo smirked. God, he's handsome. Heeyoung hurriedly distracted her focus. "I can't promise you that." He laughed. "I'll take the plate and spoon first. Wait." Then he went out her room to get them. "It's better for you to eat the cakes than arguing about me bothering myself." He added when he came back from the kitchen. "Which one would you like to have first?"

"Uhm.. The chocolate one!" She was then watching Changjo preparing the cake for her. She thought he would pass the plate of cake to her so he could have one for him too. But he sat closer beside her, holding the plate and a spoonful of the chocolate cake. Ready to feed her. "Here." He moved the spoon closer to Heeyoung's mouth. "Just pass me the cake, go have yours." She mumbled, was full of cake.

"What? No. I brought those cakes just for you." He continued feeding Heeyoung. "Let's share this cake then." Heeyoung referring to the cake she's eating.

"No." Changjo insisted. "You just said 'those cakes'. It means this cake I'm having isn't included." Heeyoung gave a winning smile. Changjo rolled his eyes. "Did you poison the cakes so you don't want to eat it?" Heeyoung stole the spoon and took a spoonful of cake.

"Of course no! I'm just-" Heeyoung cut his words. "Open your mouth." Changjo stared at her, hesitating. He opened his mouth slowly and ate the cake.

"Ah... I know now... You're dieting, right?" Heeyoung . Changjo's eyes widened. "Yah!!"

"Hmmm~ Don't diet too much. Live your life happily and healthily, Choi Changjo. You're the one who told me that." She kept teasing him. She took a spoonful of cake again. "Open your mouth, Changjo-ya~"

Changjo ate it again. "It's heavy to dance with a fat body." He made an excuse.

"Fat body you said?! Look at this!" Heeyoung hit Changjo's biceps. "Stop making excuses!"

"Yah!! Why am I the one eating the cake now?! I was feeding you!" He shouted back, just realizing what had happened. Heeyoung laughed. She was holding the spoon, not giving it to Changjo. "Give it back."

"Andwae~" Heeyoung insisted. "I want to make you look like a cute bear." She giggled.

"I'll look more like a stupid pig than a cute bear. Park Heeyoung, give it back." He asked again. Heeyoung raised her eyebrows. "Okay then, I'm going home now." threatened Changjo.

"Ah don't!" She shouted. "Don't leave! Here you go." She passed the spoon back to Changjo.

Changjo smirked. "Turns out threatening you is easy." He was back on feeding Heeyoung again. "Huh. Screw you."

"You really don't want me to leave?" Changjo teasingly asked. Heeyoung stayed quiet. "Yeah. I'm alone here like I have no friends."

"I won't leave, then." The cake was then gone from the plate, leaving some chocolate stains on Heeyoung's lips instead. If only I was dare enough to kiss you. Changjo sighed. He took a piece of tissue and wiped Heeyoung's lips. She startled. Although she's getting used to that action. She remembered the first time Changjo did that to her at the ice cream parlor. It stirred her heart up that time. She stared at him and smiled. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." answered Changjo. "So, are you going to school tomorrow?"

Heeyoung nodded. "Yeah, I can't imagine how much more lessons I'd skip if I didn't go to school tomorrow."

"Don't force yourself too much, okay? Don't force your mind.... And your heart too."

Heeyoung laughed in bitterness. Yeah. Don't force my heart. "Okay, I won't."

"I can help you with the lessons you missed, I think." Changjo offered.

"Really? Do you mind giving me extra lessons everyday next week? I need to catch up." asked Heeyoung in excitement.

"Okay. I'll pick you up at school." Changjo agreed.

"Pick me up at school?!" Heeyoung asked in disbelief. Changjo nodded. "Or we meet once every two days, I'll ask for L.Joe's help too to match the matter we study with the one L.Joe learned at my school. So, our first meeting will be on Tuesday. How about that?" Heeyoung asked for Changjo's agreement.

"Call." Changjo high fived Heeyoung. "Shouldn't you have a nap now?" asked him, realizing it's already 3pm.

Heeyoung nodded. "Don't go now." She blurted out her thought.

Changjo smiled. " I told you I won't leave. I'll sing you a song then. Just so you know, I can sing too."

"Woah really?" Heeyoung laughed at him, not believing every single words.

Changjo held Heeyoung's hand and started singing. Again, Heeyoung was startled. Her heartbeats went wild. She tried to focus herself listening to him. He really can sing. He's got a good voice. I can say it's one of the best voice I've ever heard. Changjo's voice relaxed Heeyoung. His voice and his touch soothed her mind and soul. Heeyoung closed her eyes and fell into her sleep.

******

Heeyoung successfully went to school alone on the next day. Her mom was insisting to ask Minsoo to pick Heeyoung up at home. Heeyoung stubbornly told her mom that she's completely fine. She was. School was good that day. Heeyoung and Minsoo didn't interact much. Just exchanging smile and greetings if necessary. After school, L.Joe was helping Heeyoung with the lessons she missed. They were studying at Heeyoung's place.

"What happened between you and Minsoo? You two seems all fine today." L.Joe asked.

Heeyoung raised her eyebrows. "Nothing?"

"Nothing? It's clearly something. Is it just your mood swing or what? You easily change your act towards him." He scoffed.

"I'm just tired being mad at him everytime. It's really tiring just so you know."

"Then you forget your problems away that easy?" He didn't get her way of thinking, again. She always makes it easy for Minsoo.

Heeyoung sighed. "I'm just trying to be kind. It doesn't mean I forgot the problems already. Being mad everytime drains my energy so much." She didn't tell him about the talk she had with Minsoo at the hospital, purposely doing that.

"He hurt you, Heeyoung-ah. You don't need to be kind to him." L.Joe provocated. "Doesn't matter how bad your acts on him, he totally deserves it. You're making it too easy for him."

Heeyoung smiled at him. "I just want to be a good classmate despite our personal matters." I still can't fully open myself up to him. I just don't know why.

L.Joe rolled his eyes. He never got the way she thought. I'll make you hate Minsoo with all of your might again. I will.

******

The next day, Changjo was really picking Heeyoung up from school. He waited for her in front of her school.

"Hi. What are you doing here?" It was Minsoo. He accidentally met Changjo on his way.

Changjo was startled and flustered. Although Minsoo had already broken up with Heeyoung, Changjo was still feeling awkward with him to talk about Heeyoung. "Uhm.. I'm.. Picking Heeyoung up." He grinned awkwardly.

Minsoo had already guessed the answer. "Oh." He faked a smile. "She's on her way out, just wait a little bit longer. I'm going first then. Bye."

Changjo smiled back. "Thanks. Bye."

Minsoo had walked for a few steps then he stopped and turned back. "Changjo-ssi." Changjo glanced at him. "Take care of her." told Minsoo.

Changjo heard it more like 'Don't you dare to hurt my girl'. Changjo nodded. "Don't worry." Then Minsoo left.

A few minutes later, Heeyoung appeared. "Hi!" She greeted Changjo brightly.

"Ready for extra lessons from Choi teacher?" He smirked.

"Uhm.. Let's buy lunch first or my brain won't work." She held Changjo's hand and dragged him.

They bought lunch for them and went to Heeyoung's place. Heeyoung's place was quiet. Ah, I really miss having Daniel around. She smiled a bit remembering about her 'brother'. They were having their lunch as they started opening their books. Changjo taught her patiently. He's a good tutor. He's so patient in handling me and my stubbornness.

After a while, Heeyoung started giving up. The matters were just too much and unfortunately those were the hardest ones. Heeyoung banged her head onto the table. "I'm giving up, Changjo-ya." She leaned her head on the table and closed her eyes.

"Yah! Don't give up yet! It's just a bit more." told Changjo. "Come on. Get up." He patted her cheek.

"I still have a lot to catch up." said Heeyoung desperately.

"No, you don't. You just skipped for two days please." Changjo insisted.

Heeyoung kept silent. "Uhm... Actually, weeks ago I skipped  for a few days." She admitted.

"Eh?" Changjo frowned. "The first difficult days after... Yeah, you know it. I was too desperate, I didn't want to see Minsoo. So I skipped school. My mom hasn't known about it until now." She grinned.

"Oh God." Changjo opened his mouth. "Well, we still have much time. Let's do it slowly, I can't force you or you might collapse again." He smiled.

Heeyoung didn't budge, still leaning her head on the table. She's staring blankly at Changjo. He couldn't stand her gaze without blushing. He rushingly distracted his focus on her. "Yah! Come on! Park Heeyoung fighting!" He knocked the table.

Heeyoung got up, rubbing her ear. "Aish! It hurts!" She smacked Changjo's back.

"Come on, let's finish this!" said Changjo.

"It will require a lot more of your patience. Please prepare it well." told Heeyoung.

Never underestimate my patience for you. "I will."

******

Heeyoung spent her rest of the week with extra lessons from L.Joe and Changjo. At school, she was avoiding Minsoo all the time. Just to stop L.Joe and his curiosity about things between Minsoo and her. L.Joe's curiosity annoyed her. She actually could tell him everything about the talk she had with Minsoo to shut him up, but she didn't understand why she couldn't do it. She still couldn't fully open herself up to him, while actually he's her bestfriend. Something with L.Joe made her felt uncomfortable. Complicated enough. That night, Heeyoung was texting with Changjo. They're still talking about the lessons.

I still owe you a treat, lunch tomorrow?

I'm glad you remember it! But we still have some lessons to catch up :-(

I'll come at 11. We can have an hour to study first before going out for lunch, what do you think?

Sounds great. See ya! ^^

Heeyoung's phone rang right after that. It was Minsoo. She couldn't help to feel excited. She really missed him. But once again the reality snapped her. She calmed herself down and picked the call up.

"Hi."

"Hi." Heeyoung replied awkwardly.

"Mind to talk?" Minsoo asked hesitantly. He had been very careful after everything that happened between them.

"Nope." I'm glad you finally call me again. Silence. The two just didn't know what else to say since the situation was different than it used to be.

"What's new?" Me, not having you around. "Uhm. Nothing. You?"

Minsoo sighed. "Same. Boring." Silence again. They had so much in their mind but they didn't dare to say it out.

"What are you doing now?" Heeyoung broke the ice. "I was reviewing lessons then I got frustrated. So, I'm having a break now. How about you?"

If only I could help you freely. "I know how it feels. I'm just relaxing." She paused. "Do you need help with the lessons?" She dared herself to offer.

Actually Minsoo had been wanted to ask her help, but he knew that she needed some time not to interact much with him. "I.. Uhm.. I.. Yeah, if you don't mind." Minsoo was stuttering.

Heeyoung smiled a bit. "No, I don't. You skipped school to help me at the hospital back then. So, yeah."

"I.. Well, thanks a lot for the offer." said Minsoo. "But I can help you hm.. Mid next week? On wednesday or thursday probably? I still have a few matters left to catch up first."

"Thursday sounds good." Minsoo agreed. "Okay. Come to my place around 5pm."

"Thanks a lot once again."

"Yup. You're welcome."

"Well, it's already late now. You should sleep. Don't stay up too late." He's still the same. He didn't change. God, help. "Yes, sir. Good night."

"Good night. Have a nice dream." Minsoo ended the call. Only if I dreamt about you.