Fooled Heart

Home Is In Your Eyes

New week had started. Heeyoung and Minsoo were being busier since the deadline would be on the week after. Heeyoung was feeling grateful for Minsoo being cooperative during the work. They had forgotten what happened last weekend between them. They didn't even have time to think about it. Their focus was all on the project. They were making the report that week, the last damned thing they had to make. But it's not as easy as they think. They visited the same restaurant almost everyday. Fortunately, the owner didn't talk too much like she did last weekend. She just smiled brightly everytime she saw Heeyoung and Minsoo coming to her restaurant.

But actually, Minsoo couldn't think straight since what happened last weekend. He tried so hard to do his best on the project so that Heeyoung wouldn't be disappointed with him. He tried to enjoy the time he spent with Heeyoung because he wasn't sure when he would have another precious time with Heeyoung again like he had lately. He treasured it so much.

Meanwhile, L.Joe couldn't hide his jealousy towards Minsoo anymore. Since Heeyoung and Minsoo spent more time in their last days for the project, the gap between L.Joe and Heeyoung was getting wider. The project had taken Heeyoung away from L.Joe. They usually spent their time together after school, but now Minsoo was the one whom Heeyoung with. Heeyoung noticed that L.Joe had been sensitive lately. His mood changed 180 degrees everytime Heeyoung mentioned Minsoo or the project. Even he didn't talk to Heeyoung for the whole day once because she told him about how the project went so far. Honestly she was annoyed with L.Joe's behaviour. She just couldn't stand it. He was being childish. It's just a school project. It's her work, her responsibility. He shouldn't be jealous of Minsoo. She wasn't the one who asked to be paired with Minsoo though. Moreover, she's not dating Minsoo.

After all the hard times Heeyoung and Minsoo went through, the project was finished on Friday. They had to collect the project to Mr. Kim on Monday. Finally they could spend their own weekend freely without worrying about the project anymore.

Heeyoung went home happily from her last visit to the restaurant. Her last visit for that week, at least. Since the food was quite good, she might come again later. Maybe bringing Chunji and Ricky along.

"Mom I'm ho-" She was about to greet her mom but she forgot it right away. "Yah what are you doing here?!" She turned to ask Ricky who was helping Heeyoung's mom in the kitchen. The boy grinned.

"I just randomly went here. I wanted to meet you but you're not home yet. Your mom told me that you'd be home soon. Since I had nothing to do at home so I decided to wait here and helping your mom." Ricky explained while cutting some vegetables.

"Yeah, I asked him to wait here. He's so kind to help me cooking." Heeyoung's mom added, ruffling Ricky's hair. The boy grinned again.

"Where's Chunji oppa?" asked Heeyoung while taking a glass of water for her.

"Out with his friends, left me alone upstairs." Ricky was plating the food Heeyoung's mom cooked.

"Poor you." Heeyoung left to the living room. Her mom shouted from the kitchen, kind of scolding Heeyoung for not helping them in the kitchen.

"You've got Ricky there! He's already volunteered!" Heeyoung shouted back lazily.

Few minutes later, the dinner was served. Heeyoung, her mom, and Ricky had dinner together that night. It's funny how they looked like a small family consisted of the mom, the daughter, and the younger brother when actually Ricky was older than Heeyoung by months. He was just too cute. The sweet moment reminded her of Niel again. He used to have dinner with her family too back then. She smiled at herself.

Ricky went home an hour later after Chunji told him that he's home already. They were spending their time as a family in the past hours. It felt good for both Heeyoung and Ricky to have a warm atmosphere although they're not a real family. Her mom didn't forget telling Ricky to come again later with Chunji too. He promised that he'd spend more time at Heeyoung's place and would bring Chunji along next time.

Heeyoung went to her room as soon as Ricky left. She was about to sleep when she remembered something. She had promised to tell Changjo when they could meet up. She called him.

"How about having lunch tomorrow?" suggested Changjo after Heeyoung told him that her project had been finished.

"Sounds great." Heeyoung agreed.

"I'll pick you up at 12, okay?"

"Okay. See you tomorrow!" The call ended.

She felt anxious in a sudden. It's her first time to go out with Changjo, just the two of them from the beginning. Ricky wouldn't be there this time. She sighed. Keep calm, Heeyoung-ah. It's just a lunch.

******

"Where are you going?" asked Heeyoung's mom as she saw her daughter had already dressed up.

"Going out with a friend." answered Heeyoung, taking a seat beside her mom.

"Your boyfriend?" Her mom's curiousity level went up.

"You can say it that way. He's a boy and he's my friend."

"You haven't had any girl friends until now, have you? Your friends are all boys. Niel, L.Joe, Ricky, Chunji, Minsoo, and who's it now?" Her mom mentioned all her boy friends.

"Being friends with girls would cause so much drama." Heeyoung made an excuse. Well, being friends with boys could cause a drama too actually. The words popped out in her mind as she thought about her relationship with L.Joe lately. The talk didn't continue as they heard the bell rang. "He's here. I'm going now." She stood up.

"I want to meet him." Heeyoung's mom walked along with her to the front door. Heeyoung rolled her eyes.

"Hi." Changjo greeted Heeyoung awkwardly as she showed up. "Oh, good afternoon." He bowed to Heeyoung's mom who just appeared. "I'm Changjo."

"Nice to meet you, Changjo." She smiled warmly at him.

"We're going now." Heeyoung wanted to leave as soon as possible before her mom could ask Changjo some nonsense questions. "Bye, mom."

Changjo bowed to her mom once again before they left. They walked in silence. They couldn't avoid the awkwardness. It wasn't their first time to walk together though. "Uhm.. Where do you want to go?" Changjo decided to talk first.

"Anywhere. You decide. I'll go along." Then they went silent again.

They took the subway. They still didn't exchange any words until they went off the subway and walked down to an alley. Heeyoung really had no idea where they were. She just followed Changjo everywhere he went.

"You must have no idea where you are right now." Changjo chuckled. "There's a small restaurant down there, it might not the famous one, but it's the best. Really!" He tried to bright up the atmosphere.

"I haven't even gone here before. What would you do if I didn't agree that's the best one?"

"Anything you asked me to. I always keep my promise." He took out his pinky finger.

Heeyoung smiled. She twined her pinky finger to his. "Call."

They walked down the alley while chatting this and that. The awkward atmosphere had gone. For a while.

******

"How was it?" Changjo asked Heeyoung as they finished their meals.

Heeyoung swallowed her last piece of meat. "I agreed. It's the best." She showed her thumb up. "How did you find this place?"

"Told you. I found this by accident actually." Then he laughed. "And I always go here after that. Although it's a little bit far."

They stopped talking as they had their desserts.

"Heeyoung-ah." Changjo hesitantly called her. His face was serious enough to make Heeyoung nervous.

Heeyoung raised her head up to see him. "Yeah?" It went silent again. Heeyoung stared bluntly, waiting for him to continue.

Changjo avoided Heeyoung's gaze for a few moments. Then he gathered up his courage to stare at her eyes. He put his hand on Heeyoung's hand.

Heeyoung startled. But her hand was frozen there under Changjo's hand. She was staring at Changjo anxiously.

"Heeyoung-ah.... Do you... uhm... do you want to be my girlfriend?" The words he had been wanted to say finally came out from his mouth.

Heeyoung held her breath. She didn't know what to do. She just stared at Changjo blankly. "C-come again?"

"I love you. Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He repeated.

Her heart sunk deep. She gulped. "I d-don't know. I-I think I'm..." She paused. She didn't heart to say it. "I think I'm not ready for it yet. I-I'm sorry, Changjo." Her eyes went teary. Her head hung low. She didn't dare to look at Changjo's eyes anymore. She could hear Changjo sighed.

Changjo lifted Heeyoung's chin gently to make her face him. To her surprise, Changjo smiled at her. She could feel her teardrops started flowing out as soon as she saw Changjo's warm smile. He wiped her tears with his thumb slowly. "It's okay. You don't have to cry. I'm the one who should be crying now." He comforted Heeyoung.

Heeyoung couldn't believe what she saw. How could he manage to smile and comfort me when actually he was just being rejected? That thought made her cry again. She felt guilty for him. She didn't understand why she rejected him. She was the one whose mind and heart went crazy everytime he interacted with her. She was the one who was falling in love with him. She was the one who admired his sweetness. But just now she was the one who dumped him.

"It's okay, Heeyoung. It's okay. Please stop crying. I don't want to see your tears. Your tears hurt me too." He told Heeyoung once again. Heeyoung tried to stop crying. She was still staring at him. She wanted to say something but no words could come out. "I love you no matter what." He answered Heeyoung's gaze.