01.

Home Is In Your Eyes

A/N:

Hi everyone! After spending too much time thinking what should I do on this story, I decided to add some extra chaps like what I've said before. Firstly I'm gonna add Changjo's POV from the start, adding some of his invisible scenes, before finally entering the added chaps! I hope you're looking forward to it! I'll do my best! Thank you! I'm waiting for your thoughts as well :-)


Changjo's P.O.V

I have no idea why Ricky’s words brought me here that easy. I’ve never been concerned about girls before. I haven’t ever had a girlfriend either. Well, I did have some crushes on the past, but I just left them as crushes, not much. I was too damn lazy to make further moves.

But look at me then. I’m sitting on the bench at Ricky’s apartment park now, waiting for him to come down. Changjo-ya, come to my place. I want you to meet my new friend, the new girl on the 6th floor. I’m sure you’ll like her. Wait for me at the park. That simple message from Ricky made my heart beat faster. I haven’t even seen her. Ricky hasn’t told me about the girl either. And I’m not intentionally looking for a girlfriend either. But I just can’t help to feel this excited to see her.

Soon, Ricky approached me with two skateboards on his hands. “Let’s play first, okay?”

“Damn, you’re purposely killing me.” I let out a heavy sigh. “Woah woah woah… You’re serious on this? Really, Choi Changjo? Since when you’re this excited on meeting a girl?” He was shocked at first, but slowly his face turned brighter. Teasing me for sure.

I moved my gaze away, embarrassed. But I really am that excited to meet the new girl. “Give me mine.” I changed the topic, asking for my skateboard. He shrugged and gave me the skateboard.

For half an hour we played. It was only Ricky whom played, actually. I’m not really interested to play. I’m interested to meet her. I went here to meet her, not to play with Ricky, from the first place. “Fine, fine. Come here.” He dragged me to sit back on the bench.

“Tell me about the girl you’ve been talking about.” My face turned serious unconsciously. “So, her name is Park Heeyoung. She’s at the same age with us. And uh… she moved from the states. And… oh she lives with her mom here. She didn’t have any siblings and her dad is in the states still, they’re divorced. And she went crazy because of that.”

“How did you meet her?” I asked further after giving him acknowledging nods. “I literally found her here crying. She’s really having a bad time. Her mom is busy quarrelling with his dad and she didn’t really have a close friend here. And I took her to my place since she didn’t want to go back to her house that time. Since then Chunji and I became friends with her.”

"I just found her attractive. She's kinda....special? In an unusual way. You could find another similar words to describe her. At first I think it was just me, then I asked Chunji hyung and even he felt the same about her. She was hesitant on everything she did at first, but later she spilled like almost everything to me and Chunji hyung." explained Ricky. "She really trusts us."

"It seems like you guys are in love with her, huh?" I couldn’t hide my jealousy anymore. Funny how I haven’t even meet her, but I already feel jealous for her.

"Yes, and no. Yes, we're in love with her. But no, we don't have any intentions to date her, really. It's a family love. We love her as much as she loves us. We treat each other more like a family. Siblings. Despite the fact we've just met only for weeks." Ricky explained more. I gave another nod, relieved. "I just feel like introducing her to you."

My heart skipped a beat. I don’t know what actually it was but I just felt like it. “So why don’t give it a try now?” I challenged him.

“Let me call her now. Wait a moment.” He took out his phone and dialed her number. I was playing with my fingers as I waited for her to pick up Ricky’s call. Since Ricky put it on speaker mode, every single beep sound doubled up my heart beat’s rate.

Mwo?” It’s her, finally. I reflexively grasped the end of my hoodie as I heard her voice for the first time. “You better have something important for disturbing my sleep or else.” Her sharp words amazed me.

Ricky glanced at me a bit before he started talking to her. “Yah!! How could you find yourself sleeping in this nice day?! Come down to the park! We should have some fun! Hurry!"

“Stop telling me what to –“ She was just about to nag, but Ricky’s thumb was faster to end the call. “Done.” He grinned at me.

“Is she really coming?” I tapped my feet nervously, we hadn’t seen any signs of her coming towards us from the lobby. “Don’t worry. If she didn’t come, we could just barge into her place.”

Later, I spotted a figure coming. “Is that her?” I whispered to Ricky who was busy going back and forth on his skateboard. Ricky turned his head, “Yah! What took you so long?!”

The girl walked faster, making a clearer visual to me, whom stuck on my seat. “Yah! I’m a girl, I had to dress up a bit!” She replied as she was closer to us.

“You didn’t look like one.” Ricky . “Oh by the way, this is my friend.” He pointed at the frozen me on the bench. I completely had no idea what should I do. I forced a smile, hoping it was the good one, and introduced myself. “Hi, I’m Changjo. Choi Changjo. N-nice to meet you.” Damn, I stuttered!

“I’m Heeyoung. Park Heeyoung.” She smiled back at me. Yeah, I’ve heard your beautiful name before. Don’t worry, I noted it well. “What have you guys been doing here?” She glanced from me to Ricky, and back to me again. Yes, back to me.

“Well, we were skateboarding but now we’re tired.” Ricky went on with his own scenario, and I thanked him for that. “If you’re done then why did you even ask me to go down here, babo?” She rolled her eyes. Man, she’s so cute. She totally doesn’t need aegyos to look cute. She can even be cute with her sharp words, really.

“Uh.. why don’t we go out somewhere? Buy something to cool us off in this hot weather.” I tried to join the talk. I didn’t really care if I started off awkwardly.

“Did you mean by buying air con?” She shrugged at me. I didn’t know what to respond than staring blankly at her. But soon she laughed, that cute laugh of her. “Don’t look at me like that! I was just joking! Aish, why don’t people get my jokes these days.” She hit me lightly. She touched me. She freaking touched me. My whole body was stiff. Fortunately Ricky helped me.

“He just don’t want to make you feel bad. You really weren’t funny.” Ricky chuckled. No, I got your joke. Your funny, Heeyoung-ah. Uhm well, uh… you’re cute. Heeyoung laughed along and slapped Ricky’s head. “You’re right though.”

This girl has really something special in her. Ricky was right. I’m gonna make you mine, Park Heeyoung.