Chapter 5

My Twelve Guardians

After spending the rest of the day by Mi Sun’s side, Tao was sure that Suho was right. This had to be their Mi Sun.

“It’s not Mi Sun,” Kris glared at Tao upon hearing the younger’s declaration, “and if you can’t make Suho see that she’s tricking him, I’ll send someone who can.”

“It’s you who can’t see,” Tao fired back, “this is our Mi Sun. I know it is. If you just spend a little time with her--” Kris cut him off.

“None of us are going near this girl once we get Suho away from her,” the older hissed, “have I made myself clear?” Tao only glared before storming out of the room. Suho was right, the others weren’t going to be easy to convince. But that wasn’t going to stop Tao from staying by Mi Sun’s side.

From inside the room Tao had left, Kris left out a long sigh before falling into his chair. Carefully, he pulled out a small photo from his jacket pocket and smiled to himself at the happy scene the camera had captured. While he was in possession of several photos of Mi Sun with his brothers – and a few group shots he was in as well – it was this photo that he favored above them all.

At the time, he didn’t even realize that Mi Sun’s mother had taken the picture, mostly because he was asleep. In the photo, he was laying sprawled out on his bed with three year old Mi Sun curled up by his side. Everything looked so happy and innocent at the time, he never would have guessed that two weeks later he would be watching Suho take the small girl away from him forever through a bedroom window.

Kris wanted Suho and Tao to be right. He wished with all his immortal heart that it was really Mi Sun who had found the scroll. But the rational part of him said it was impossible and that part of him was much larger than the hopeful part.

On the other side of the room, Kai and Sehun shared a meaningful glance.

Whoever this girl was, she was causing problems for their bothers. They knew it wasn’t their Mi Sun and it enraged them that Suho and Tao could mistake some girl for their little princess.

Using Kai’s power of teleportation, the pair left in a cloud of black smoke.

--

“Have a good day at school,” Mi Sun gave Daehyun one last hug before he headed through the school gates with Jongup and Zelo.

“I’ll keep an eye on him,” Youngjae promised upon noticing that Mi Sun was keeping an eye on the school’s bullies.

“I know you will,” she half smiled. The bullies were known to pick on Daehyun a lot, so it was comforting for her to know that one of her trusted dongsaeng was actively watching his back.

“Do they bother Daehyun often?” Suho asked as he walked away from the school with Mi Sun and she nodded grimly

“He doesn’t talk about it, but Youngjae tells me when they do,” she explained, “Jongup and Zelo don’t if Daehyun tells them not to, but Youngjae doesn’t submit to Daehyun’s requests.”

“You can’t do anything to help him, can you?” Suho sighed sadly.

“Nope,” Mi Sun tried to shrug, “I just have to put my trust in Daehyun to handle it himself.”

“If you don’t mind me asking,” Suho said carefully, making sure he wasn’t asking the wrong question, “Why don’t you go to university? Himchan and Yong Guk don’t either.”

“We didn’t have the cash when we got out of the system,” Mi Sun explained, “but so long as those four get in, we’re fine with it.” Suho felt a flash of guilt. Had he kept Mi Sun, maybe then she could have gone to university. Maybe then she wouldn’t have missed out on the opportunities that came with a university degree.

“Don’t look so sad about it,” she lightly smacked his shoulder, “I wasn’t that great a student in school anyway. I probably would have dropped out after high school as it was.” While this didn’t make Suho feel much better, he was slightly comforted to know that she wasn’t upset over things.

From the roof tops, Kai and Suho watched their hyung walk with the girl he and Tao claimed was Mi Sun.

“Our Mi Sun would be way better looking,” Kai scoffed, “and she would be in university, too. She’s nothing like this girl.” Sehun nodded in agreement, but looking down at the girl he couldn’t help but wonder if it really was his Mi Sun down there with Suho. His Mi Sun that was all grown up and trying to live the life she’d been given.

“Let’s go down and introduce ourselves,” the younger of the pair suggested. Kai nodded before teleporting them into the ally below. Just as Suho and Mi Sun were about to pass by, the two walked out onto the sidewalk.

“What are you two doing here?” Suho glared at the pair while Mi Sun looked confused. More strange people just kept dropping into her life and she was starting to suspect that something was going on. Maybe that scroll wasn’t so useless after all.

Nah, she thought, Suho just had a lot of personal baggage that he was bringing into my life ‘cuz he lives in our boarding house.

“We’re here to bring you back,” Kai smirked, “This girl isn’t anything special, so why don’t you ditch her and come back with us. The others miss you, hyung.”

Mi Sun rolled her eyes before turning to leave. She didn’t care if some stupid guy insulted her, but if they knew Suho then he probably wanted to talk to them alone.

“I’m heading to the grocery store,” she told Suho, “if you want to find me, I’ll be there.” He nodded and the three immortals watched her go before turning back to their business.

“You shouldn’t say things like that to Mi Sun,” Suho scolded and Kai scoffed.

“Don’t treat her like she’s our Mi Sun, Suho,” the dark haired immortal growled, “she’s gone and this girl is never going to replace her.”

“Are you really that blind?” Suho glared Kai, “can’t you tell that this is Mi Sun? How can you not see it?”

Before Kai could respond, the three heard Mi Sun yelp in pain. Turning around, they found that someone had shoved the human girl to the ground and run off with her purse.

“Mi Sun,” Suho yelled, rushing to her side, “are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” she sighed, “but I don’t know how I’m going to tell Yong Guk oppa about this.” As she tried to raise herself off the ground under her own power, she winced. Apparently, she’d hurt her wrist when she fell.

“I’m sure he’ll be more upset that you got hurt,” the older told her, eyeing the wrist she was holding to her chest.

“Oh I know that,” she smiled slightly, “but if I tell him I got hurt, then he’ll try to find the guy who took my purse so he can kill him.” Suho smiled slightly, happy that someone in Mi Sun’s life had the same reaction to someone hurting her that he had.

“Kai, Sehun,” he turned to the younger two, “stay here with Mi Sun, please.” Suho didn’t wait for a response before rushing off in the direction that they purse snatcher had gone.

He had promised to protect Mi Sun and that was exactly what he was going to do.

A/N: i've gotten a lot of time to write this week, so i'm going to treat you guys to 2 new chapters this week; this one, and one that will be posted Saterday like normal. hope you like them!! thank you very much to all my subscribers and readers in general!! you have no idea how much it means to me to know people read and like my writing! please subscribe and comment~!