Chapter 32

My Twelve Guardians

A/N: Happy New Year, Everyone!! Hope 2013 was a great year for you all and i hope 2014 is even better~! 

“You didn’t have to come with me,” Mi Sun frowned as Suho who was following her like a loyal dog. Honestly, he probably did need to come along thanks to the enemy wanting her dead, but she felt bad about making him follow her around all day when he probably had other things he wanted to do. If one of the other demons had of been available, she would have asked them. But today it was just her and Suho so she had no choice but to pull him away from his book.

“But I wanted to come,” Suho argued. And it was true. He wanted to spend time with Mi Sun. If that meant following her around while she went grocery shopping, then so be it. So long as he was with Mi Sun, he was happy.

“Alright,” she nodded, turning her attention to the shopping list in her hands.

While she was distracted, Suho looked around. The enemy had been quiet lately and it was starting to worry Suho a bit. Most times, he explained the lack of visible enemy as N using his invisibility powers. But lately he didn’t have that feeling of being watched and it was starting to worry him. However he couldn’t tell Mi Sun this or she would get worried.

“He knows that we’ve been watching,” Ken frowned, “I guess we should have known that they would figure it out.”

“Yeah,” N sighed, “but now that they know, we’re going to have to do something.” Ken nodded, his frown growing.

As if to worsen his mood, N’s phone went off. The pair shared a look, already knowing who it was without even looking. Their masters. Probably asking for an update on how things were going. And they would have to mention that Suho – and probably the rest of EXO – knew they were watching.

“Hello, masters,” N greeted.

“How are things going?” the person at the other end of the phone asked.

“The youngest four boys are at school with four of the EXO boys watching. The oldest two are at home with seven of the EXO boys,” N replied, “and the girl is out shopping with Suho.”

“Just Suho?”

“Yes,” N tried to keep the sadness out of his voice, “Suho appears to know we’ve been watching.”

“Attack him then,” the person ordered, “don’t kill him, just hurt him. And don’t do it in a public place, I don’t want you to draw attention to yourselves. It goes without saying what will happen if you do.”

“Yes, master,” N said, hanging his head sadly. He hated having to do this, he really did.

In the meantime, Suho and Mi Sun had begun gathering everything on her shopping list. They didn’t joke around, getting everything they needed as efficiently as possible. Suho proved to be a great help, aiding Mi Sun in finding the best quality and quantity of what she needed at the lowest cost. He also kept a running tally of how much they would be spending to ensure that they didn’t spend too much.

“Thank you so much, oppa,” Mi Sun said, giving Suho a quick hug after they exited the store, “I really appreciate you helping out like you did. Yong Guk oppa will be happy about it, too.”

“We all do our best to help where we can,” he smiled, “if it makes you happy, we’ll do anything you ask.”

“That sounds so,” she tried to find the words. There were probably a lot of people in the world who would love to have someone in their life who would do anything they asked, but Mi Sun wasn’t one of them. It was a nice idea, but in practice it was different. In practice, it felt like you were being selfish and using the other to fulfill your every wish.

“Bad?” Suho laughed, “I know. But believe me, we’re happy making you happy. And it’s not like you force us to do things we don’t want to do.” She nodded, but she still didn’t like it.

“You’re finally alone,” the pair turned to find N and Ken standing behind them. The street they were walking along was void of any other people, so N and Ken had figured now was the best time to attack.

“What do you want?” Suho growled, moving his body so that he stood in front of Mi Sun.

“We’re under orders to hurt you,” N smirked, silently hoping that he sounded believable. If Suho thought for a moment he didn’t want to do this, he might go easy on them and end up getting hurt more than they intended.

“Under orders?” Suho blinked. Did that mean they didn’t want to do this? Or was he just being hopeful that his old friends were still in there somewhere?

Ken didn’t bother responding before ending a sound wave towards Suho and Mi Sun. Ken’s attack was fast, but Suho was faster and had moved himself and his master out of the way before the attack could touch them. Suho learned the second he came to a stop that Kens attack was no more than a diversion. N was already there and kicked the water demon in the ribs so hard Suho figured that they were broken.

“I would suggest not worrying about your master,” N called, rushing back to stand beside Ken, “she’s not our target. Not today anyway.”

“And you expect me to believe that?” Suho hissed, “I turn my back for a second and you’ll have hurt her.”

“Whatever,” Ken shrugged, “we just thought we’d be helpful.”

Suho was about to retort when N vanished from sight. This was what Suho always hated about fighting the invisibility demon. When N became invisible, no one could tell where he was unless he became visible again or knocked something over. Additionally, he could turn anything he touched invisible, making it near impossible to know if he was carrying a weapon or not.

“I wouldn’t just stand there if I was you,” Ken observed, turning to walk away, “but then again, it’s not like you’d listen to my advice anyway.”

Suho started moving then, deciding to take Ken’s advice just this once. The water demons created several dozen balls of water that floated around him and Mi Sun, producing a shield of sorts that would allow Suho to know how close and where N was. He should have done this right away, but he’d gotten side tracked by N’s comment about his orders. Maybe that was why he’d said it, to throw Suho off his game.

It doesn’t matter because N had already gotten too close.

“Suho!” Mi Sun yelled when N became visible, appearing right behind Suho with a brick in his hand.

Suho didn’t have time to turn around before N had cracked him upside the head with the brick. Suho stumbled for a moment, his vision beginning to darken, before he fell to the ground in an unconscious heap.

“Suho!” Mi Sun yelled, rushing to his side, “Suho!” He was bleeding from where the brick hit him. Bleeding from the head was a bad thing, she knew that much. But just how bad was it? Was Suho just knocked out? Or was it more serious than that?

“He’ll be fine,” N told her before he walked away to join Ken. N had tried his best to sound cold and uncaring, but Mi Sun heard it. That little catch in his voice that betrayed his real feelings. She just didn’t know what those true feelings were.

A/N: don’t worry, Suho’s just knocked out. And he’ll probably have a massive headache for a while, regardless of Lay healing him or not. Still feel bad for doing that to him, though *silently prays you guys aren’t gonna yell at me for hurting Suho*. Thanks to all my subscribers!!!!!!!! Lots of love to all of you <3 please leave a comment below if you have the time (I always love talking to you guys)