Chapter 36

My Twelve Guardians

“There you are,” D.O smiled the second Mi Sun and Sehun walked through the door. The earth demon was quick to take her hand and pull her into the kitchen so they could continue their talk from before, completely ignoring Sehun’s existence as he did so.

“D.O,” Mi Sun smiled gently, pulling away, “Sehun has something he wants to talk to you about.” She started up the stairs, heading in the direction of her room so that the pair could be alone.

D.O watched her go before heading into the kitchen, still ignoring Sehun. The younger sighed, mentally preparing himself for the talk to come, before following.

“Hyung,” Sehun called and D.O slowly turned to face him, glaring slightly.

“What?” he asked as he turned his attention to cleaning the already spotless kitchen counter.

“I’m sorry for how I’ve been treating you these past couple of days,” Sehun said, looking down in shame, “I shouldn’t have said any of the things I said. I shouldn’t have done any of the things I’ve done. I’m so sorry, hyung.”

“I’m sorry, too,” D.O sighed, coming over to pat the younger on the shoulder, “you aren’t the only one a fault here.”

“We’ve been worrying Mi Sun, too,” Sehun told the older, “she’s noticed how we’re all getting mad at each other and insulting each other and getting into fights. She doesn’t know why we’ve been fighting so much, but it’s upsetting her to see it happening. I didn’t even think she noticed, but she did.”

“Damn it,” D.O cursed, feeling horrible for making Mi Sun feel like that.

“She said that we should all talk about it,” Sehun added, “and I think that she’s right.”

“Not sure if everyone will agree to it,” D.O sighed, “everyone is feeling pretty hurt and upset at each other. I don’t think I could get Kai to stay in the same room with me for more than a few seconds.”

“If we mention how upset Mi Sun is they will,” the wind demon pointed out, a sly grin forming on his face, “they’ll all cave if they hear that.”

“Amazing the kind of power she has over us,” the earth demon laughed, “and she doesn’t even realize it.”

--

That night found all twelve demons sitting in the living room. Everyone – save for D.O and Sehun – was doing their best to avoid any kind of contact with the others. It seemed that everyone was hurt and angry with each other and if they weren’t upset with someone they felt guilty for saying something to them.

“How’d you even get them all here?” D.O whispered to Sehun.

“Told them that Mi Sun wanted us to talk,” the younger replied.

“So how do we start this?” Suho asked, sick of the quiet.

“Mi Sun’s noticed that we’ve been fighting,” Sehun told them, deciding this was the best place to start, “and it upsets her.”

“She doesn’t think we shouldn’t be fighting like this,” D.O added, “and Sehun and I agree with her.”

“It’s not my fault,” Chen defended himself, “Lay started it.”

“Yeah right,” Lay scoffed, “keep telling yourself that.”

Soon the whole room erupted into similar outburst. Blame was being throw left and right and all Sehun and D.O could do was watch as their brothers accused each other of causing their current situation.

“What’s going on down here?” Yong Guk yelled, the anger in his voice making everyone shut their mouths.

“We were just talking,” Sehun said, not meeting the angry gaze that focused on him the moment he opened his mouth, “we didn’t mean to be so loud.”

“Talking?” Yong Guk scoffed, “that might be how this started, but that wasn’t what I heard. It isn’t what Mi Sun heard either for that matter. Or everyone else. The boys have school tomorrow and Himchan has an early shift at work. I’m not going to have you jealous, moronic demons keeping them awake half the night.”

“Sorry,” Kris bowed his head, looking very ashamed as did his brothers.

“Basement,” Yong Guk instructed, “and I’ll monitor your talk to make sure we don’t repeat what just happened.” Everyone nodded before following his instructions.

“Thank you,” Sehun and D.O bowed before following their brothers.

“Thank Mi Sun,” the oldest human shrugged, “I was all for kicking you out if you were going to yell like that.” He sound like he was kidding, but the pair wouldn’t have put it past him to have done just that as punishment for waking everyone up so late.

“Now what?” Xiumin asked once everyone was settled.

“How about apologizing to each other?” Yong Guk suggested when it was clear no one knew what to do, “that’s as good a place to start as any.”

“Right,” Sehun nodded before turning to Luhan, “I’m sorry for the things I’ve said to you, hyung. I didn’t mean them and I shouldn’t have said them.”

“I shouldn’t have said the things I said either,” Luhan sighed, moving closer to Sehun so he could pat the younger’s head, “I’m sorry, too.”

From there, everyone started apologizing to each other. Yong Guk was a bit amazed at how quickly they could bury the hatchet when they’d been so close to burying it in someone’s back only a few hours before. But they again, they had been together for thousands of years so a few days of hurtful words probably didn’t do too much damage to their brotherly bond. Seeing everything would be fine now, Yong Guk left them alone so that he could get some sleep.

“We need to stop competing like we are for Mi Sun’s attention,” Suho said once the twelve were alone, “it’s only going to upset her and drive us apart.”

“Agreed,” Kris nodded, “and I have an idea. Xiumin, Tao, Luhan, Baekhyun, Lay, Kai, and Chanyeol each got one more chance to woo Mi Sun on their own, then we all confess to her.”

“Wait. Why do they get one more chance?” Chen asked.

“Because the rest of us had a second chance to do something big already,” Suho explained, “once they’ve had their second chance, we’ll all confess and she can pick who she loves. And we’ll be happy and supportive of whoever she picks.” All of them would be fine with sharing Mi Sun if she loved all of them, but what where the chances of that happening?

“Does that plan sound good?” Kris asked and everyone nodded.

A/N: EXO’s united once again! And soon they’ll be confessing their love for her~! bet you guys can’t wait for that. in other news, guess who's gone back to college? yeah, i'm back at college, but it's only for one class so don't worry about it messng up my ability to update