Chapter 45

My Twelve Guardians

It all happened so fast that Mi Sun’s brain couldn’t finish processing it until after she was bound and gagged in the back of a van. A blindfold covered her eyes, keeping her from seeing who exactly had taken them, but she could hear Daehyun and Youngjae’s muffled cries and the hushed whispers of whoever had taken them.

One second, they had been walking down the street, enjoying the two hour surveillance-free time span that they’d been given by EXO. The next second, someone had come up behind them and covered their eyes with a blind fold. Mi Sun found herself remembered how EXO had been so against her idea of surveillance-free time, but she’d managed to talk them into it with the help of Youngjae and Himchan. Now she was regretting letting the stupid idea form into a complete thought in the first place.

How could she have been so foolish?

It was a comfort to know that her brother and Youngjae were with her, to know that their kidnappers hadn’t killed them and left their bodies on the sidewalk for EXO to find. What Mi Sun could hear of the hushed conversation, however, killed this feeling of comfort. Their kidnappers were gloating, relishing in the success of what they had done.

“Our masters will be so pleased,” one of the female demons giggled, “we’ve brought them the Jung brats.”

“VIXX will be marked as useless now,” another demon, a male, laughed, “Maybe our masters even let us use them as playthings for a while. As a reward for doing what VIXX couldn’t.” The demons started laughing again and Mi Sun felt fear settle in the pit of her stomach.

That explained who they worked for and what they were; demons under the command of the people who wanted her and Daehyun dead.

When they finally arrived at their destination, the demons roughly pushed the three humans, forcing them out of the van and into a building. Mi Sun tried to keep track of how many turns it took for them to reach their destination, but there were so many twists and turns that she lost count. A couple of times, the demons even back tracked, getting her senses even more confused.

“What do we have here?” a new female voice asked when they finally stopped. The demon kidnappers rushed to remove the gags and blindfolds from the three humans, pushing them down so they sat on their knees facing two massive thrones at the head of the room. In the thrones sat two people, a man and a woman. Youngjae let out a small gasp when he saw them, but his face betrayed no emotion other than hate.

“We brought you the Jung children, masters,” one of the female demons bowed, “we have done what VIXX couldn’t.”

Daehyun glanced around the room, his eyes falling on VIXX who stood to the far side of the room, almost completely hidden in the shadows. All looked rather displeased with the situation, but not because the demon kidnappers had just insulted them. No, they looked upset that Mi Sun, Daehyun, and Youngjae were there.

“Do they have the contract?” the man asked, his eyes lighting up with excitement.

“No,” the same demon replied, voice hesitant as they realized that this was not good news.

“You fools!” the man declared, “how dare you mess up like this! Do you know what you have done? EXO will come looking for their masters, for the girl that they love oh so deeply, and we don’t have their contract to bind them to us before they attack! You’ve messed up everything!” the demons flinched, all beginning to cower in fear of their masters.

“N,” the woman commanded, her voice much calmer then the man’s had been, “Leo. Hyuk. Please come forwards.”

“Yes, master?” N asked once the three stood before the woman.

“Kill them,” she smirked.

“Yes, master,” N nodded, but Daehyun noticed how sad N looked. How reluctant he and his brothers seemed as they made their way over to the cowering demons.

As they stood before the demons, N mouthed a small I’m sorry before plunging his hand into one of their chests, crushing the demon’s heart and killing him within seconds. Mi Sun noticed that Hyuk’s eyes looked wet as he finished killing one of the demons and his mouth trembled as he tried to suppress his sobs. Leo’s face was blank as he burned the last two demons to a crisp with his touch, but Youngjae saw the flash of pain and sorrow that the demon tried to hide before his masters could see.

“Now what do we do with these three?” the woman asked, turning her attention from the dead demons to the three humans. Mi Sun decided that she hated this woman. How could anyone with a heart order someone dead so calmly? Who could care so little about someone who served them? This woman was evil, plain and simple.

“Well would you look at that,” the man muttered, walking over to Youngjae, “can you believe that, dear. Youngjae’s all grown up.”

“Father,” Youngjae spit out the word like it was poison on his tongue, “mother.” Daehyun and Mi Sun looked shocked, glancing madly back and forth between their friend and the man and woman before them. These were his parent? These were the people who gave him up and made him feel so unloved that he was still scared to this day that the people he loved would leave him like they had?

“Oh my,” the woman, Mrs. Yoo, smiled, but it wasn’t a happy smile, “I thought our worthless son would have died in that orphanage. I guess he wasn’t so worthless after all, darling.”

“Almost makes me proud,” the man, Mr. Yoo, laughed, “I have a proposition for you, Youngjae.”

“What kind?” Youngjae scoffed, “what could you offer me that would make me say yes to you people?”

“Power,” his father replied, a dark smirk on his face, “all the power in the world. And it will be yours if you join us. Think about it. Anything you want, you can have with a wave of your hand. Anything at all and it can be yours. Just join us.” Youngjae looked at his father blankly before he laughed.

“Really?” the young boy hissed, “that’s all you got? You really think that’s enough to make me betray my hyungs, noona, and dongsaeng? That’s pathetic, old man.” VIXX looked alarmed that Youngjae would dare talk back to their master like that and worried about what the older man would do to him.

“You always did have a weak heart,” Mr. Yoo laughed darkly, “that’s what makes you worthless. N! I want you and your brothers to take them to a cell. Stand guard until I tell you to stop.”

“Yes, master,” N bowed before standing the three humans up. N and his brothers led them out of the room and down another set of hallways until they found an empty cell.

A/N: the bad guys are Youngjae's parents? who saw that coming? be honest now. Also, there's only about 6 more chapters left. wow, who would have thought i'd get this far, huh? and with so many subscribers? you guys have no idea how much it means to me that you guys are, ya know, reading and liking my work