Chapter 41

My Twelve Guardians

“Where did Xiumin go?” Suho asked, looking around at his brothers who were gathered in the living room, “I thought we were going to watch a movie together.”

“We were,” Kris laughed, “but then he got the idea to take Mi Sun to the movies.”

“We got ditched,” Suho smiled, “and I can’t say I blame him.” Some of the others pretended to be offended by Suho’s comment, but they all felt the exact same way.

At the movie theatre, Xiumin and Mi Sun were waiting in line.

“I think this one looks good,” Xiumin said, pointing at one of the movie titles listed on the ‘playing here’ list.

“No way,” Mi Sun frowned, “I’m not going to see a slasher movie. Pick something else.”

“How about this one,” he pointed to another name, “that’s not a horror movie.”

“No,” she frowned, “but I read the online reviews for it. Not that many people like it.”

“Then why don’t you pick,” he suggested, “I can sit through anything.”

“I’m tempted to test that,” she laughed, “but that would be a waste of good money.”

“So what do you want to watch?” Xiumin asked again, laughing along with her.

“how about that new action movie that just came out?” Mi Sun finals said after looking over the movie list one more time, “I’ve heard good things about it.”

“Alright,” Xiumin said, pulling out the money to pay for their tickets, “I’ll pay for the tickets if you get the popcorn.”

“Deal,” she replied.

Not long after, the pair had their popcorn and drinks. From there came the problem of figuring out which seats they wanted. Xiumin wanted to sit in the back, away from other people. While Mi Sun wanted to sit in the middle so they had a good view of the movie screen.

“But if we’re in the middle, I can’t comment on the movie,” Xiumin pouted.

“Good,” she laughed, “that means you can watch the movie instead.”

“You mean you don’t want to hear my awesome commentary?” Xiumin pretended to be hurt, “but it’s so awesome. Everyone loves it.” Rolling her eyes playfully, Mi Sun finally agreed to sit in the back with him. As he dropped himself into his seat, Xiumin had a huge grin on his face, happy to be alone at the back of the theatre with Mi Sun all to himself.

The whole movie, Xiumin used every opportunity he could get to whisper in Mi Sun’s ear. From his theories about what was going to happen next to his opinion about the character’s outfits, Xiumin just kept whispering in her ear. He loved the way she flinched and shuttered when his warm breath tickled her skin or when she quietly hissed for him to stop it so she could watch the movie.

Getting these kind of reactions from Mi Sun made him feel ecstatic. He knew for a fact that none of his brothers had gotten this kind of reaction out of her yet. Being the first one to see her like this made him feel so special, so privileged, that words failed to cover how happy he was.

Wow, the others were right about feeling like a love struck fool.

“That was great,” Xiumin smiled as the pair left the theatre, “maybe I should come back here with the others. I bet they’d like that movie, too.”

“I’m surprised you can say that,” Mi Sun laughed, “you spent so much time talking I didn’t think you paid the movie any attention.”

“Really?” he said, “then ask me anything. What was the main character’s name? What kind of weapon did the bad guy use? Ask me anything and I’ll answer it.” she passed him up on his offer, knowing he could probably answer any question she could ask better then she could.

“We should bring the others next time,” she told him, “I bet they would all enjoy a day out like this. I can’t remember the last time Yong Guk left the house to do something fun.”

“he is pretty focused on work,” Xiumin nodded, “makes me worry about him sometimes.”

“It makes all of us worry,” she agreed, “and Himchan is the same way.”

“I worry about you, too,” he continued, “you work just as hard as Yong Guk and Himchan. There have been times I thought you looked so tired you might pass out. I’m not the only one, either. My brothers, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo all feel the same way.”

“I’m sorry,” she bowed her head, feeling awful for making Xiumin and the others worry about her.

“Don’t be sorry,” he smiled, “just stop trying to do everything. Let us take some of the burden. We want to help you, so please let us help.”

“Alright,” she nodded, “I’ll talk to Yong Guk, maybe he’ll let you guys start helping pay the bills.” Xiumin nodded with a smile.

Being able to help pay the bills might not sound that special, bit it was to the twelve demons. Every day they witnessed Yong Guk, Mi Sun, and Himchan push themselves to ensure that everything was paid and that they still had enough money saved for university for Daehyun and the boys. Himchan had even taken a part time job just to make sure they had enough money.

“Even if he doesn’t agree to that, we’re still going to help out,” Xiumin told her, “and you know that I mean it.”

“Yeah,” Mi Sun nodded with a slight smile, “I know you mean it.” She didn’t doubt his words for a second.

“Good,” he smiled before throwing an arm around her shoulders and pulling Mi Sun against him. The ice demon relished in the warmth of her body for a moment before letting go in favor of holding her hand.

As the pair made their way home, Hongbin and Ravi silently followed. They didn’t have orders to attack, which they were thankful for, but they still had to kept watch. With every day that went by, the pair – as well as their brothers – felt less and less comfortable spying on EXO and their master. It felt like they were intruding on privet moments between the Jung girl and her demons.

“they’re going home,” Ravi tried to smile, “maybe once they get there we can leave.” Hongbin nodded, yet both knew they were in for a long night of watching the boarding house.

A/N: next up? LAY!