Chapter 46

My Twelve Guardians

Hongbin carefully untied the ropes binding their arms behind their backs before Ravi led them inside the small cell. For a group of heartless murders, Mi Sun noted how kind they seemed. It was like they were doing everything against their free will. They didn’t’ want to do it, but they had to because their masters ordered it done. Was that even possible?

“I’m so sorry about this,” N said once the cell door was locked.

“You’re just doing it because they ordered it, right?” Youngjae frowned, “does it have something to do with your demon contract?”

“You noticed that, huh?” Leo sighed.

“Yeah,” Ravi nodded sadly, leaning against the wall beside the bars of the cell, “we’re bound by the contract to follow every order our master gives us.”

“No free will,” Hyuk added as he sat down beside his hyung’s feet, resting his head against the other’s leg, “we have to do as we’re told or face excruciating pain.”

“That’s horrible,” Mi Sun frowned.

“That’s what happens when a demon contract is made with unwilling demons,” N shrugged helplessly, “EXO’s lucky that they formed their contract with a kind human. Not that all of our masters treated us badly or anything. The family who had our contract before the Yoo family got it were kind. They never forced us to do anything we didn’t want to do.”

“And then the Yoo family forced us to kill them,” Hyuk growled, “They got our contract before our intended owners could sign it and we became their property.” The youngest demon said the word with so much pain and anger that it made Mi Sun’s heart hurt for him.

“We were told to kill them,” Hongbin glared at the ground, “and we ran them off the road. They died there in a ditch like they were trash. Their son was only four.” Hongbin covered his mouth with his hand, trying to muffle his sobs.

For some reason, Mi Sun recalled Yong Guk’s story of how his parents died. He’d said that they died in a car crash when he was four. What were the chances……?

“How many years ago was it?” she asked, trying to word her question carefully so as not to cause too much pain for the demons. It was a pointless task, they would feel the pain no matter what.

“We killed the Bang family eighteen years ago,” Ken replied, his eyes looking wet with unshed tears, “and we’ve had to serve the Yoo family ever since.”

Mi Sun, Daehyun, and Youngjae exchanged looks. VIXX had to of belonged to Yong Guk’s family. VIXX had been forced to kill Yong Guk’s family. Yong Guk was VIXX’s rightful owner and Mr. and Mrs. Yoo had stolen them – and his parents – from him. Daehyun almost opened his mouth to say something, to tell VIXX that they hadn’t killed their intended master’s child. But he stopped himself, not putting it past Youngjae’s parents to have microphones and video cameras installed inside the cell so they could hear everything he, his sister, and Youngjae said. If they didn’t know about Yong Guk yet, it would be best not to let them know now.

Silently, without consulting his sister or best friend, Daehyun started to make a plan. VIXX’s contract had made them do horrible things and took away their free will. It needed to be destroyed and he would be the one to do it. If he did then VIXX would be free and maybe, just maybe, they could help EXO defeat Mr. and Mrs. Yoo.

--

Back at the boarding house, the twelve demons were beyond furious. They’d only just found out that Mi Sun, Daehyun, and Youngjae had been kidnapped and they were out for blood. Whoever had taken their love, their master, and Youngjae would pay dearly.

“Don’t even try to leave without us,” Yong Guk growled, blocking the door with Himchan, “we’re going with you.”

“Not happening,” Kris replied, trying to push the pair out of the way only to be blocked by Jongup and Zelo.

“We’re coming to,” Yong Guk repeated, “They’re our family, too.” The two leaders locked eyes, mentally willing the other to back down. Finally, with a loud sigh, Kris gave in. There was no way Yong Guk would ever agree to stay behind and this way Kris wouldn’t have to worry about him secretly following them and getting into trouble.

“I would like it if you waited for a few moments before blindly running off,” a new voice called out, one that Kris and Luhan recognized. They turned to find Stalker standing in the middle of the living room, five people in dark hoods right behind him.

If they were being honest, they had all kind of forgotten about the strange man since his first – and only – visit. Now that he had returned, the question of whose side he was on was raised. Additionally, he had brought back up with him. If he turned out to be with the enemy, they could have a problem.

“Stalker,” Kris hissed, glaring at the man in the black hood, “what the hell do you want?”

“We’re here to help,” voiced one of the people behind Stalker and this time all twelve demons recognized his voice.

“Taemin hyung?” Kai asked, unable to believe his ears. His old friend couldn’t be standing before him. Taemin and his brothers – Onew, Jonghyun, Minho, and Key – had vanished several years ago along with their master. No one knew what had happened to them so EXO had always just assumed that they were dead. Everyone had assumed that the five fearsome demons known as SHINee were dead.

“Hey, Kai,” Taemin smiled, pulling back his hood to confirm he was the real Taemin, “it’s been a while, huh?” the others followed his example by removing their hoods as well.

“Taemin,” Jonghyun pretended to scold the younger, “you totally messed up the dramatic tension we had going.”

“What are you doing here?” Suho asked, recovering from the shock first, “we thought you were dead. Everyone thought you were dead.”

“That’s what we wanted people to think,” Onew explained, “the people who went after your master were after our master, too. We had to go into hiding or they would have killed him and taken our contact, binding us to them just like they did with VIXX.”

“Wait a second,” Kris said, trying to understand what was going on, “so you guys and your master went into hiding? So then Stalker is your master?”

“Yes,” Stalker nodded, pulling off his own hood. Before anyone could say anything, Zelo spoke up.

“Dad?” the youngest asked, staring at Stalker with wide eyes. The older man looked at Zelo, surprise taking over his own features.

“Junhong?” Stalker whispered, not quite believing his eyes. Honestly, what were the chances that EXO’s masters and his son would end up living in the same house?

This was……beyond words.

A/N: Stalkers back once again, SHINee have been added into the mix, and Stalker is Zelo’s dad. Oh, and let’s not forget that VIXX were supposed to belong to Yong Guk. It’s just one shock after another this chapter, huh? Just wanna say this: yes, Himchan and Jongup are the only normal humans in the group. Now let us all throw a party to celebrate their normality.