Chapter 15

My Twelve Guardians

After her talk with Suho, Mi Sun had started spending time with the twelve immortals. Things were still a bit awkward for a while – no matter how many times Mi Sun said it was fine, the boys kept apologizing for leaving her, for not finding her sooner, and for not believing it was really her at first. By the end of the week, though, they had gotten to a good place with their relationship and the boys could often be found spending time with Mi Sun.

There were a few people, however, who didn’t like this change at all. Yong Guk and Himchan were still a bit wary of the twelve and got the feeling that there was more to them then met the eye (A/N: smart men *tips hat*). While they didn’t completely dislike the idea of Mi Sun hanging out with the immortals, they still worried about what kind of harm could befall their little sister by associating with them. Jongup and Zelo were simply disappointed because the time spent with the immortals was time that couldn’t be spent with them. They loved their noona as if she was their real sister and they already had to share her with four other guys, so they weren’t too in love with the idea of adding twelve other people to the mix.

Daehyun and Youngjae were different. Daehyun now understood why the immortals had come into Mi Sun’s life and he was furious at them for it. If the people who had hunted down and killed Mi Sun’s family and father hadn’t found her yet, then the immortals were leading them right to his sister by being around her. Daehyun even said as much to Kris, threating the immortal that he would kill the twelve if they let his sister get hurt.

Kris had looked him in the eye and said that he would never let anything happen to Mi Sun.

Youngjae was still in the dark about the twelve being immortal demons, bound to Mi Sun and her family by an old contract. All he saw was twelve insanely hot guys taking his noona’s attention away from him. Maybe it was because he didn’t know the full story, but Youngjae could clearly see that at least a couple of the twelve were falling for his noona. Youngjae knew he would never be able to win Mi Sun’s heart, but he at least wanted the guy who did to have his approval.

Not one of the demons had that.

“I don’t think Youngjae likes us too much,” Tao commented after watching as Youngjae came into the kitchen, saw Tao and Sehun sitting with Mi Sun, and left in a huff, the bright smile he had been wearing dropping faster than a brick. Clearly, the boy had been looking for Mi Sun and was upset to find her with two of the people he hated most in the world.

“He doesn’t like it when other guys hang out with me,” Mi Sun shrugged, taking a sip form the hot chocolate D.O had made her before heading off to get groceries with Suho and Lay.

“So you know about his crush?” Sehun asked and she nodded.

“Kind of obvious,” Mi Sun replied, “well, it is since Yong Guk pointed it out to me when I was, like, fourteen or something. Around that age, anyway. We think it started when I saved him from the closet. He’d smashed a window when the seven of us where playing baseball and I took the blame. Yong Guk and I figure it started as hero worship, than grew into a crush. If he didn’t have such high standards and put me on a pedestal of sorts, then he’d probably of moved on by now.”

“Puts you on a pedestal?” Sehun tried not to laugh, “But he laughs when you mess up and jokes about how you fail at things. Like the other night when you burned the rice.”

“I mean for things like looks and personality,” she explained, “walking down the street, we’ve seen super pretty girls, and all he says is “Mi Sun noona is prettier.” And these are, like, model-type pretty girls. Not inside-the-magazine-type either, but front cover material.” Sehun and Tao glanced at Mi Sun, both thinking that she was front cover material, too.

“Noona’s right,” Daehyun added, taking the seat in front of her since Sehun and Tao had taken the spots beside her, “Youngjae was once asked out by a classmate and he turned her down, listing all the ways noona was better than this girl.”

“He’ll get over it in time,” Tao advised, “he probably is just hanging onto his crush so hard because Mi Sun’s the first, and only, girl who’s done the things she’s done for him. Like taking a punishment for him and adopting him.”

“That’s not the problem right now,” Luhan frowned as he came into the kitchen as well, “there was someone following Daehyun and Youngjae home from school.”

“What?” the four stood up in alarm.

“Kris and Chanyeol are with Jongup and Zelo,” Xiumin added, “and Baekhyun and Chen are with Himchan. All four of them are strong, so don’t worry.”

“You just told me that someone was following my brothers home from school,” Mi Sun tired not to shout, “how am I not supposed to worry after hearing that?”

“There was only one person following them,” Luhan assured, “and we took care of him. It’s likely that it’s just one person, a scout, following the others. We can handle scouts easy.” Seeing the alarm on Mi Sun’s face, Luhan did his best to comfort her, “we aren’t going to let anything happen to you or your family.” He sounded so believable that Mi Sun and Daehyun calmed down. Tao and Sehun however noticed the bit of blood at the corner of Xiumin’s mouth and the bruise starting to form on Luhan’s cheek.

“Are you alright, hyung?” Sehun asked the pair when Mi Sun and Daehyun left to get the younger’s homework done.

“We’re fine,” Luhan replied, “that scout appeared out of nowhere. If Xiumin hadn’t noticed him when he did, Daehyun’s brains would be on the sidewalk instead of in his head.”

“The basterd put up a pretty good fight, too,” Xiumin added, letting Tao inspect the bullet hole in his side, “he got in at least a dozen hits in before Luhan snapped his neck. Luckily only one damaged Luhan’s pretty face.” The deer frowned, annoyed at the leopard’s attempt to make light of the situation.

“Does Kris hyung know?” Kai asked, teleporting into the room having hear them from upstairs.

“He should by now,” Luhan sighed sadly, “the original scout followed Jongup and Zelo. If they’ve made a move, then he’ll know.”

“Original scout?” Tao clarified, “you mean one was already following them home?”

“Yeah,” Xiumin frowned, all cheerfulness gone, “looks like our enemy is making a move. They had someone waiting for the kids at the school. They probably have someone following Himchan and someone else watching the house. Tao? Sehun? Kai? Can you take care of that for us? If they’re watching us, we need to watch them.”

“Sure,” the youngest three nodded before heading off. Nothing and no one was going to get near their Mi Sun or her family. Not if they had anything to say about it.

A/N: so, honest question here, which of the guys – as in EXO guys – do you want Mi Sun to end up with? I mean, this girl *points to self* has no idea who she should end up with (there are so many pairings that would work that I can’t pick!!! Seriously, I can see her with Kris, Luhan, Suho, Tao, Sehun, and Kai as it stands now). So, I’m going to leave that up to you guys. Just throw out some suggestions in the comments and I’ll take it from there.