Chapter 47

My Twelve Guardians

“We need to save noona, Daehyun hyung and Youngjae hyung,” Zelo said quickly, cutting off anything Stalker had to say and turned away from his father. The youngest couldn’t bring himself to even look at the man who had abandoned him and his mother. It hurt his heart too much.

“Right,” Kris nodded, “Stalker, can you tell us where they have our masters and Youngjae?”

“I can do better than that,” Stalker nodded, trying not to stare at his son, “I can show you.”

The group ran outside to find a bus waiting for them. EXO and the four humans looked at Stalker and SHINee, confused about why they had a bus waiting for them.

“You didn’t think we were going to run there, did you?” Minho laughed as he got onto the bus with his brothers, “now hurry up. We can’t waste any time.”

Once on the bus, Stalker started to explain what their enemy wanted with EXO’s masters.

“They don’t want the masters,” he explained, “What they want are the demons and their contracts. The Yoo family wants to control demons like you twelve and SHINee so they can take over the world. I know how cliché that sounds, but that’s exactly what they want.”

“Well they don’t have our contract,” Tao tried to smile, attempting to make light of the situation, “Mi Sun hid it.”

“And that will keep her and her brother alive for at least a little while longer,” Stalker nodded, “once they have to contract they’ll kill them. They did the same thing to VIXX.”

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun frowned, “VIXX killed their own masters.”

“That’s only part of it,” Onew explained, “VIXX’s master at the time died and their intended masters, the ones they killed, were on their way to sign their names to the contract. Before they could, the Yoo family took the contract and signed it themselves.”

“VIXX’s contract is a lot more controlling then either of ours,” Key added, “their first master forced it on them, so he made sure that the magic of the contract would make them follow his every command. Over the years, their last master’s family got hold of the contract and they actually treated them with respect. VIXX loved their family, but when the Yoo family ordered that they kill them……well, VIXX couldn’t go against their orders.”

“Why didn’t they tell us?” D.O finally yelled once Key and Onew’s words had sunk in. How could their friends not have told them? Didn’t they trust them? Why let them believe they willingly killed their masters? Why let them think that they were monsters?

“And what could you have done?” Onew countered, “If they told you, you would have tried to help them. That would have only gotten you into trouble. The only way to help VIXX is by burning their contract, something you twelve are in no position to do.”

“There’s one other thing I should tell you about,” Stalker finally said, “The Yoo family has a son. Well, they have two sons, but only one is a problem.”

“Why?” Kai asked, “Who’s their son?” he had a feeling he already knew where Stalker was going, but he hoped he was wrong.

“Do you even need to ask?” Stalker scoffed, “Yoo Youngjae is their son.”

“Are you calling Youngjae’s loyalty into question?” Yong Guk growled, clearly upset that Stalker – a total stranger – was passing such judgment on a boy he considered a younger brother.

“Yes,” Stalker replied, “I am.”

“That’s bull,” Kai hissed before Yong Guk, Himchan, Jongup, or Zelo could utter a word.

“We trust Youngjae,” Chen said, “He would never sell us out. Not for anything.” Stalker gave them a sceptical look, but let the subject drop. 

The rest of the ride was silent as everyone mental prepared themselves for the fight to come. SHINEE and Stalker were fully prepared to do battle, to rid themselves of Mr. and Mrs. Yoo once and for all. EXO was more than ready to do that, too, but they had to prepare for something else. They had no idea what condition Mi Sun, Daehyun, and Youngjae would be in when they found them.

“They’ll be fine,” Yong Guk suddenly said, patting Jongup’s head and Zelo’s shoulder in an attempt to comfort them, “those three are strong, they’re fighters. I know they’ll be fine.” Both boys nodded, as did Himchan who was just as worried as they were. Yong Guk’s words also provided some comfort for EXO.

“We’re here,” Stalker called out, “EXO, you take Yong Guk and the boys. SHINee and I will enter from a different door.”

“Right,” Kris nodded, leading the group off the bus before turning to Suho, “we’ll divide up into a couple of groups. Once a group finds Mi Sun and the boys, they’ll call the others.”

“Got it,” Suho nodded, “once we have them, we need to get them out of here as fast as we can.” Everyone nodded before they all rushed into the building. They ran, trying to avoid making much noise, and splitting off into teams of two every so often until everyone was paired up.

As they ran, they ran into several groups of demons and hired thugs. While these obstacles were no match in a fight for EXO, they were lots of them to contend with. Like EXO, Yong Guk and the other human boys had little trouble fighting back, adrenalin and love for their captured family members fueled their movements and allowed them the power to keep fighting.

“Damn it,” Xiumin cursed, freezing a couple of enemy demons where they stood before smashing a third into a wall.

“Let me through,” Luhan hissed sending several of his opponents up into the ceiling before letting them drop to the ground. The immortal deer and snow leopard couldn’t care less if they’d just killed the enemy before them, their mind was too focused on making sure that Mi Sun was alright.

A/N: and now EXO knows the truth about VIXX. And plan ‘save Mi Sun, Daehyun, and Youngjae’ has begun! We’re getting so close to the end *cry* I can’t believe it’s all going to be over soon.