Chapter 39

My Twelve Guardians

Chanyeol grinned as he watched Mi Sun walk ahead of him. He just knew she was going to love what he had planned for her today. Now, he just needed to get her to the park, out of the view of normal humans, and he could show her the surprise he had planned.

“Where are you taking me?” Mi Sun asked when they reached the pack and Chanyeol took the lead.

“You’ll see in a minute,” he grinned, taking hold of her hand, “now close your eyes and don’t open them until I say so.” She gave him a confused look but did as told.

Chanyeol’s grin grew with every step as he led Mi Sun father and farther from any other human. Finally, they came to a stop when Chanyeol could no longer hear the sounds of humans running around the park.

“Can I open my eyes now?” Mi Sun asked as Chanyeol let go of her hand and pulled away.

“Not yet,” he told her. Chanyeol took a moment to admire the girl before him before changing forms.

As the fire started to swirl around him, he tried to keep an eye on Mi Sun’s face to make sure she wasn’t going to peek. He knew she must be wondering what was going on, she had to feel the heat from the flames around him. Eventually he lost sight of her, but he figured she hadn’t peeked. If she had, she would have probably made a sound, like a gasp, at seeing his transformation.

Not to sound egotistical, but it was quite a sight to behold.

When the fire died down, Chanyeol stood before her fully transformed into his phoenix form. He stretched out his wings, flapping a few times to make sure everything was in working order. It had been a while since he last used this form, so he wanted to make sure everything was in order before letting Mi Sun see him like this.

“Alright,” he called out to her, “you can open your eyes now.” Hearing that, Mi Sun opened her eyes and gasped the moment she saw him.

“Whoa,” she breathed in amazement, taking a few steps closer to him. She didn’t want to get too close in case the flames that made up Chanyeol’s wings and body burnt her. she really didn’t want their day to end with Lay having to heal her burns while Kris and Suho scolding Chanyeol for letting her get that close.

“Don’t worry,” Chanyeol laughed, “my fire only burns people if I want it to. I don’t want you to get burnt, so you won’t.”  hearing this, Mi Sun was quick to get close enough to touch him (A/N: that sounds so wrong).

“Amazing,” she smiled, running her hands over the fire that formed Chanyeol’s right wing. True to his word the fire didn’t burn her, but it warmed her fingers and tickled her skin.

“Get on,” Chanyeol instructed, lowing himself enough so that Mi Sun could get into his back.

Despite her curiosity, Mi Sun did as he asked. She didn’t know why he wanted her to get on his back. Was he going to take her flying? Truth be told, Mi Sun wasn’t that great with heights so she wasn’t sure if she wanted to fly with Chanyeol or not.

The second she was settled on his back, Chanyeol took off high into the sky. He heard a small scream leave her and felt bad about being the cause. However that guilt melted away when he heard Mi Sun’s reaction to the view.

“Oh my god,” she said, completely amazed by the view before her, “this is……amazing doesn’t begin to cover it.”

“I know, right?” he laughed, happy that he’d made her happy.

On the ground, Leo changed into his own beastly form – a griffin – and took off into the air after them once N got on his back. The older of the pair activated his power, making both of them invisible.

“Can’t believe he’s taking her flying,” N muttered, his hold on Leo’s fur causing the other demon a great deal of pain.

If there was one thing N hated, it was heights. And here he was, high in the sky, simply because they had been ordered to follow Mi Sun. Leo was trying to be sympathetic, it wasn’t N’s fault he was scared if heights, but it was hard to feel compassionate for someone who was pulling on your fur so hard it might come out.

“I swear to god, N,” Leo finally hissed after a particularly hard pull, “if you don’t stop pulling I’m going to drop you.” N let out a small whimper, but stopped pulling.

“This is awesome,” Mi Sun laughed as Chanyeol soared through the sky

Chanyeol was beyond pleased to hear her say that. He’d been a little scared that she wouldn’t like flying with him. When he’d mentioned his plan to Baekhyun that morning, the light demon had expressed concern. He’d told Chanyeol that Mi Sun wasn’t that great with heights, so the fire demon wasn’t sure if she’d be ok being up so high with him.

“If you like, we can do this more often,” Chanyeol offered as they started to make their way back to the park.

“That would be great,” she nodded happily. Flying with Chanyeol felt awesome to her. She’d never felt as free as she did with the wind blowing through her hair as she sat on the fire demon’s back. And even if the air had gotten colder the higher they went, Chanyeol’s warm body had kept her from getting cold.

“Just let me know when you want to fly,” he smiled, “now hold on tight ‘cuz I’m gonna land.” Mi Sun lead down to hug Chanyeol’s neck, bracing herself in case the landing was a bit rough.

“Thank you for this, Chanyeol,” she whispered, knowing he could hear her.

“Time to get off,” he laughed once his feet touched the ground, “I can’t change back if you’re on my back.

Mi Sun did as told, giving him space to change back into his human form. Unlike when he changed forms the first time, Chanyeol let her watch him change back. It made him smile to see the amazed look on her face after watching the whole transformation process. It wasn’t her first time seeing one of the twelve demons change, but you’d think it was her first time by her reaction.

“Come on,” Chanyeol smiled as he saw the delight in her eyes, “I’ll push you on the swing set before we head home. Mi Sun nodded, taking Chanyeol’s hand as he led her to the playground.

A/N: now I wanna go flying with Chanyeol. Gosh, I’m so jelly of my own character lol