---

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

word vomit. i swear.

Baekhyun was five when his parents introduced him to a new family who was going to live in the house next to his. He just listened with zero interest to his parents’ conversation with the new family, hands busy playing with his limited edition Gundam robot on his lap.

Baekhyun suddenly hid his Gundam behind his back in protective manner, glaring at the boy around his age—the son of his new neighbor—who was pointing at his lap where the robot previously was with twinkling eyes. The new boy grinned widely, showing his missing tooth. He grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and used his finger to write his name and a smile on the later’s palm.

Baekhyun could only gasp in realization.

Chanyeol was nine when Baekhyun shrieked in horror as a sleek car ran over his beloved puppy. They were going back home from the park nearby and the puppy decided to lead the way, not expecting to be greeted with Death when crossing the street. Chanyeol immediately covered Baekhyun’s eyes with his hands, not wanting the older boy to see the dark red liquid pooling the white puppy’s body, and after a while he felt the wetness against his palms. The puppy owner wouldn’t stop crying until he felt asleep in Chanyeol’s arms after they—along with their parents—burried the dead puppy in Baekhyun’s backyard.

The next day, Chanyeol made a promise to himself that he would always put Baekhyun’s happiness on top of his priorities.

Baekhyun was fifteen when he found a group of scary looking boys with pierced ears kicking a helpless Chanyeol on the dirty ground—still clad in his school uniform; Baekhyun and he attended different schools—in the dark alley. One of those boys stomped on Chanyeol’s stomach hard so that he could took helpless boy’s postman bag which was clutched tightly by the owner and poured all its contents on the ground, snatching his brand new phone and the leather wallet Baekhyun gave him last Christmas before running away with those things as Baekhyun finally made his existence known.

Seeing Chanyeol’s face covered in blood, Baekhyun boiled up in anger—both for those students and his best friend. Tears welled up in his eyes and hands balled up into fists as emotions took over him. “YOU’RE FIFTEEN, FOR GOD’S SAKE, CHANYEOL! FIGHT FOR YOURSELF!”

Chanyeol just closed his eyes in pain, hands clutching onto his aching torso.

“YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST ING SCREAMED FOR HELP, PARK CHANYEOL!”

Baekhyun forgot Chanyeol was mute.

Chanyeol was eighteen when Baekhyun slipped into his room and skipped over to him, spring in his steps. Once they were face to face, the shorter boy broke into a grin. There was a pregnant silent before Baekhyun squealed like a girl. “I have a boyfriend, Chanyeol!”

Chanyeol showed his perfectly practiced smile but thankfully Baekhyun was too happy to notice.

“His name is Luhan. He is a Chinese boy, Kyungsoo’s friend. He sings like an angel! He's perfect!”

Sings. Chanyeol’s heart ached at that word but no way would he ever put on a face giving that feeling away. Upon seeing his best friend’s glowing face, he somehow realized that this was the first time he acknowledged something called envy. During the eighteen years of his existence in this world, he never spoke a word to the shorter boy. Not that he could, anyway.

Baekhyun liked someone who could sing. Someone with a voice. Someone who definitely had what Chanyeol never owned.

Wordlessly, he widened his smile and opened his arms for Baekhyun. He scratched I’m happy on Baekhyun’s back with his index fingers, fighting back his tears because he knew he wouldn’t see the smaller

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter