graduation

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun knows better not to dwell upon his past longer. Life must go on, he should go on. He perfectly understands that crying doesn’t solve anything—heck, crying can’t even turn back the time. So he does what he’s been told—live his life like nothing has happened.

Baekhyun studies harder than anyone else to the point that he sometimes skips his eating and sleeping time, causing his already thin body to become skinnier. He busies himself with three part time jobs for the sake of being able to forget him, but who is he kidding? He just loves him so much he sees him almost everywhere since he lives in his heart, mind, and soul.

When the graduation ceremony finally comes, Baekhyun is able to fulfill his dream—for Baekhyun to graduate with an honor roll. All of his lecturers and friends congratulate him once he steps down the stage with his award, some even shower him with little flower bouquets. Baekhyun just smiles politely at them or else… they’ll see how broken he is inside. How can he not break when the one who promised to graduate together isn’t there with him? How can he not break when the one who promised to always be there for him isn’t there on his special day?

Baekhyun feels like crying as he sees that all his friends are with the people they love, be it family members, best friends, or lovers. His best friend, Luhan, is nowhere to be seen and Baekhyun has no family—they all died in a plane accident when he was 15—and he only has him since then. So when he can’t be with Baekhyun anymore on daily basis, Baekhyun is practically alone.

Putting down all the flower bouquets given to him on a chair, Baekhyun smiles to himself and rubs his glassy eyes with his sleeve. He fishes out his phone from his pocket and unlocks the screen only to be greeted by a heartbreaking wallpaper. It’s a photo of him, grinning widely at the camera and making heart shape with his fingers. It’s been eleven months since Baekhyun last got to be in his arms, got to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter