exam

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Calm down, Baekhyun. Calm down. Calm down,” Baekhyun pauses walking back and forth and slowly breathes. He is waiting for his turn to enter the auditorium where the exam is held. He is in Music major so the exam is either singing or playing an instrument. “You’ll do just fine. You’ll sing just fine.”

He nods to himself and turns around to scan the classroom he is in. Wrong decision.

He sees Jongdae has his head on Minseok’s left shoulder, reading a paper which Baekhyun guesses is a song lyric. A little to the right, Luhan is talking with Sehun, hands wrapped in Sehun’s big ones. In the corner of the room, Baekhyun can find Kyungsoo in Jongin’s embrace.

A small frown appears on Baekhyun’s face, making him look like a kicked puppy. “Lucky them. They have their special person with them before the exam.”

A petite girl pokes her head in the classroom and scans the room. Once she spots who she’s looking for, she flashes him a little smile. “Luhan! I’m done performing. Your turn.”

Baekhyun watches as Luhan hugs Sehun then the taller pumps his fist saying “fighting!” cutely. Baekhyun’s frown only gets deeper. I envy them. I really do.

Minutes later, Kyungsoo is called to perform. Baekhyun can only bite his lower lips in pure jealousy as he witnesses how Jongin kisses Kyungsoo on the lips to support the singer.

Trying to distract his mind, Baekhyun fishes out his phone from his pocket to find four messages from one person. He reads them all, scoffs, then walks up to the windows. Looking up at the clear sky, he sadly smiles as he feels his chest tightens. How are you over there?

Baekhyun hears Jongdae’s name being called and sighs—he should really get prepared. Taking a deep breath, he starts to sing but his voice cracks just after a few lines. He tries again, only to get the same result, although this time he has reached the first choru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter