0/4

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

taken from look at me because you guys here deserve to read this too hehehe. it's part of that story but it's okay if you haven't subscribed to it~~~~

 

 

If there is anything Chanyeol slightly dislikes about Baekhyun (slightly becomes the point here because, really, his best friend is so perfect, so flawless, and so faultless that he cannot really have anything against him), is that sometimes the smaller boy forgets him. Well, Baekhyun never forgets him like forgets forgets, as in failing to remember him for a day or a week or a month, but he does disregard Chanyeol unintentionally whenever the situation calls for it—but this only happens in form of delaying their meet ups or movie nights to two or three hours later (never past five hours, though). But Chanyeol is a childish giant, so he cannot help but be upset whenever it happens.

That pretty much explains why Chanyeol has been pouting on his huge fluffy white movie sofa while glaring at the phone in his hand, snacks and cokes and pizzas and popcorns splayed around him. He fails to reach Baekhyun again (the phone operator said his number was not active), and it is eight thirty in the evening already, which means his best friend is late for their movie night (this time not really theirs, though) for thirty minutes. As far as he remembers, the shorter boy did not say anything about cancelling their movie night today, so why is he not here now? Even Sehun is here with him already with Jongdae and Kyungsoo (because the five of them are supposed to watch Interstellar and go all sci-fi together), but the petite boy’s whereabouts remain unknown.

Chanyeol lets out a groan and kicks the stack of comics Sehun has brought along to the room in frustration, making some of them even fall from the sofa and to the carpeted floor and startling the others (Jongdae almost threw a bowl of Pringles on his lap at the giant in reflex). Chanyeol does not like to be ignored—well, more like he does not like worrying about Baekhyun like this. He knows he should not get worried this much, but he just cannot help it. Although both of them are sophomores in their university already, which means they are all grown up, but to him Baekhyun is still a kid because he is so tiny (okay, maybe not that tiny, but still!) and looks so fragile that he always has this urge to protect him, to keep him safe from any harm or injury or even bad insects. Baekhyun has mastered Hapkido, he knows that pretty well, but somehow that does not reassure him at all; Baekhyun still may get hurt out there.

Realizing horrible scenarios start popping up on his mind, Chanyeol quickly shakes his head to clear them up. Breathe in… Breathe out… Calm down, Chanyeol. Baekhyun can take care of himself.

He is just about to tap on the green dial button again, although fully knowing the chance of Baekhyun’s number being not active is still high, when his ringtone blares in a sudden and Baekhyun’s name flashes on his screen. With a chant of repetitive thank God in his head and is that Baekhyun? coming from Kyungsoo, he immediately picks up the call. “Baek—”

“Chanyeol! God, I am so sorry!”

He furrows his eyebrows as he hears the sound of a car door being slammed shut in the background. “Baek?”

“I am so sorry I did not realize I forgot to tell you that I had to accompany my father to his business dinner with Mr. Choi—” Chanyeol catches the sound of a door clicked open and a soft thanks Seulgi in the background before Baekhyun’s fast breathing fills his ear. Wait, Seulgi? Eyes dilating, he quickly roses up to his feet and heads to the door of his movie room, ignoring Sehun’s shout of where are you going? “—and I stupidly forgot that I stupidly turned off my phone so that the dinner would not get disturbed while I could have just set it on mute—”

Chanyeol hurriedly opens the door of his movie room—

“—and I only realized everything when dinner was over—”

—and sprints to the stairs and looks down—

“—so I drove as safely fast as I could here.”

—and sees that, yes, Baekhyun is down there in one piece in his business attire, seeming about to take the stairs. When his best friend looks up, he can see just how tired the other is, but he is still smiling and it gets wider as they lock gazes.

“I am sorry, really,” Baekhyun still speaks into the phone.

Chanyeol does not even bother to end the call before he runs upstairs and pulls Baekhyun into his chest. “God, I thought something bad happened to you.”

“You are being overdramatic as always,” Baekhyun snickers, but he still moves his arms to wrap around Chanyeol’s torso nonetheless. “I missed you. I am sorry we did not get to have lunch together today as well, Mr. Kim kidnapped me to discuss about tutoring some freshmen.”

Chanyeol pulls away to ruffle his best friend’s hair, smiling reassuringly. “I got your text this afternoon, honey, so it is okay. C’mon, the others have been waiting for you.”

It is later when they have finished Interstellar and Guardians of the Galaxy (because Kyungsoo stubbornly argued both movies got the same nuance) does Jongdae suddenly bring up the topic about Valentine’s Day which is still ten days ahead. He tells everyone in the movie room he wants to ask Minseok out, a senior in Human Ecology, whom he has been seeing for three months now. Kyungsoo and Sehun cheer for him but sarcastically say that they are just going to celebrate the special day with their neighbors.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol, however, just look at each other in horror, both inwardly scolding themselves for forgetting about Valentine’s Day. They always celebrate it with each other as best friends, not as boyfriends, though (because, well, they do not have boyfriends themselves, so you get it), and always give each other presents. And if people were to ask what present they would give to each other this time, the continuous blinks of their eyes pretty much told they had nothing in mind.

 

҉҉҉

 

If there is anything Baekhyun slightly dislikes about Chanyeol (slightly becomes the point here because, really, he just loves the giant so much) is how careless he is. It is not once or twice he has witnessed how the taller boy does not give sufficient attention to avoid harm or injury; he has seen Chanyeol being careless for so many times and he cannot help but be upset whenever it happens (not that he is not careless himself sometimes).

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter