wedding

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun likes to smile.

He smiled when, two years ago, Chanyeol gleefully told him he just asked Kyungsoo out and the latter accepted. He smiled when Chanyeol excitedly told him about his first date with Kyungsoo because they got to see the first snow that year. He smiled when, four months ago, Chanyeol happily told him he asked for Kyungsoo’s hand and the latter said yes without hesitation. And of course, he smiled when Chanyeol handed him the wedding invitation last week.

But Chanyeol just never knows that Baekhyun’s been a good actor; his best friend always smiles although his precious little heart is in pain.

“So I guess this is the last time we can have a date like this, Park Chanyeol?” Baekhyun playfully asks as kicks on a pebble on the sidewalk, hands in his denim jacket’s pocket. The mentioned boy is walking him home after a little hang out session at their favorite café nearby, spending hours just to talk about pointless things as always. Chanyeol’s mother told her son to invite all his friends from the office for a bachelor party but he ended up having a quality time with Baekhyun only. “Yeah, you know, since you’re getting married and—”

“Eyyyy~ Don’t say like that, Baek. It’s like we’re getting separated forever,” Chanyeol headlocks Baekhyun and ruffles the older’s hair, effectively shutting him up. “I’ll always spare some time for you. If there will be a time when you think you miss me, don’t think about it. Instead, try to feel it with your heart. You’ll find out that you don’t miss me at all because you’ll know better that I never left you in the first place. We’re best friends! We still can go for ice cream together! I’m sure Kyungsoo wouldn’t mind. He’s a good person.”

Baekhyun jabs Chanyeol’s side with his finger and breaks free. “You’re lucky your brain never lets you do this to Kyungsoo or else he wouldn’t even like you.”

“Yah! Kyungsoo likes me for who I am,” Chanyeol sticks his tongue out before dodging the punch his best friends throws at him. “I’m getting married tomorrow so no bruise, please~”

The two of them laugh heartily but, deep inside, Baekhyun is crying.

Baekhyun unlocks his gate and heads to the steps in front of his house. He sits there, chin on his palm as his thigh supports his elbow, and Chanyeol wordlessly follows his action not long after that. For a moment, they just sit there in silent, admiring the beautiful night sky above them. “You haven’t told me why you chose to have your wedding held on my birthday, though.”

“Well,” Chanyeol looks at the brightest star in the sky and smiles. “You’re the happiest on your birthday and I wanted to be the happiest on my wedding day so I chose the same date as your birthday. That way, both of us can have the same happiest day and be the happiest together, right? We’re best friends afterall.”

The chuckle Baekhyun lets out the next second is full of forced pretension. “Good idea.”

“You’re coming to my wedding t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter