---

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this is almost the same like the previous one. if you're bored, you're allowed not to read this. /shrugs/

It’s in the middle of a starless February night when Baekhyun is at it again. He rolls to his sides on the bed with things running in that little head of his, clearly not sleepy. At the end of this month, his relationship with his boyfriend will age seven years but—when other people think seven years of relationship worth to be continued to a marriage—he feels insecure instead and wants to just end the relationship. Yes, Chanyeol is the sweetest man alive but Baekhyun doesn’t think himself is the most decent person to be the taller’s official partner in life.

Chanyeol is calm and composed while Baekhyun is always loud and expressive. Chanyeol is a genius in conversation, he knows what should and shouldn’t be spoken, while Baekhyun is blunt and straightforward. Chanyeol is simply everything Baekhyun is not.

But opposite attracts, right?

However, when times like this come around, he can’t help but think that Chanyeol deserves someone else, not him. Chanyeol is a successful businessman who travels all around the world for his job and Baekhyun believes there are lots of better people than him—people who are calmer, smarter, and have better behavior. So why should Chanyeol stick with him to the end?

The continuous vibration of his phone on the pillow is what abruptly cuts his train of thoughts. He groans, mentally scolding whoever it is that has the guts to call him in such an ungodly hour like this, while his hand tries to get the device. His brain freezes for a moment as he sees the caller ID before it works again and he swipes across the screen and picks up the call. “Chanyeol?”

“Did I wake you up?”

“No no no,” Baekhyun sits up on his bed. “What’s wrong?”

“Could you please open your door? I can’t get into your apartment because I lost the key.”

“Ah, okay. Wait a minute,” Baekhyun ends the phone call and scrambles to open his front door before he remembers something. He pauses to check the date and time in his phone and realizes that Chanyeol dialed his number; it wasn’t a Kakaotalk call like when he’s in other countries as usual.

“Hey,” is the first word Chanyeol says after Baekhyun bolts up to open the door. He’s still wearing his formal attire which is a contradictory to what Baekhyun’s wearing right now—a cute t-shirt with snowflakes and little Santa with a pajama bottom.

“You’re supposed to be back from Boston tomorrow night so why are you here? Where’s your small luggage? Why didn’t you go to your own apartment instead?”

“I got them sign the contract faster than I thought, so, yeah… And my luggage is in the car. Why?” Chanyeol lets out a chuckle before kissing Baekhyun’s nose. “You’re not happy to see me?”

“No! I mean, yes! But, no no no, I’m not unhappy,” Baekhyun shakes his head to get his mind right. “I’m happy to see you.”

The silence that follows after is unexpected.

Chanyeol bends down a bit, searching for his boyfriend’s eyes that are directed to the wooden floor. “Are you not going to give me a welcome hug and kiss?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter