---

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

because i couldn't sleep. T^T unbetaed and there might be some errors here and there.

It is almost seven in the evening when Kyungsoo halts in his tracks to the dining room as two figures enter the dorm, toeing their shoes off with tiredness etched in their faces. “Oh good! You guys are back right in time! We are just about to have dinner. I have made some kimchi fried rice and bibimbap. Oh! And if you want, I can just reheat the bean sprout soup Mrs. Oh sent this afternoon.”

“I think I will just skip dinner, Kyungsoo,” Junmyeon states over a weary yawn, eyes getting teary. He softly nudges Baekhyun’s side with his elbow. “You eat. You skipped breakfast and lunch today, Baek, and I do not think I have seen you munch on some snack or something.”

“Nah, I am good. I am just going to go straight to bed,” Baekhyun shakes his head and releases a yawn himself, believing that yawns are contagious. All I need is a good sleep. He looks around the living room and finds a particular someone is not sitting on the couch watching some sappy drama when he usually is at this hour. “Where is Chanyeol?”

“He is on a date,” comes the reply from Sehun, walking out of his room with the front of his brown hair tied in a bun with some Hello Kitty hair tie. His eyes are glued to his phone, which is playing the first verse of Super Junior’s Opera with some occasional weird sound, while his thumbs are tapping the screen in an incredible speed. “, I missed—! —NO! AAAAAAAAARGH! Damn—NONONO!”

The news of Chanyeol being on a date and a string of curses escaping from the youngest member’s mouth are enough to make Junmyeon’s head throb in pain. And there he thought he had controlled the vocabularies in Sehun’s brain by lecturing him at least once in three days.

Baekhyun just rolls his eyes when he hears the familiar tone of score counting. He knows that tone very well, for he himself also plays Superstar SM.

When the leader recovers, he suddenly remembers about the intriguing answer Sehun blurted out earlier. “Date with who?”

“His phone,” the asked boy replies curtly, eyes still focused on the screen as he taps here and there to check his current rank and his cards. Once he sees that his rank is still under Chanyeol’s, he breathes out another curse before exiting the game and slipping his phone into his back pocket. “Aish! I am never going to win against that giant hyung. Superstar SM is really not my thing.”

“Finally you admit it, man.”

Four heads turn to the owner of that deep voice who is now stretching his toned arms up in the air with his phone in one hand. Chanyeol’s eyes meet Baekhyun and he just gives a quick smile at the vocalist before giving all his attention to the device. Soon, the intro part of F(x)’s Electric Shock is heard and the tall rapper jumps onto the couch with his phone on his lap before his fingers tap rapidly on the screen.

Baekhyun’s is dumbfounded with his mouth agape because did he forget to give me a welcome hug just because of that stupid game?  And what, he did not even greet me!

Kyungsoo, who knows about the habit, coughs at the feeling of a building tension between the dumb and dumber lovers and immediately ushers everyone to the dining room, where Jongin has been patiently waiting. Sehun says nothing and just follows the owl-eyed boy, Junmyeon finally agrees to have dinner because he does not want Kyungsoo to think he dislikes his cooking, and Baekhyun keeps sending a cute death glare completed with a pout at Chanyeol who is still playing Superstar SM on his way to the dining room.

While everyone else is peacefully eating, Chanyeol is still playing, stuffing a spoon of bibimbap into his mouth in between songs. And even when Baekhyun tells the others about Inkigayo recording today, Chanyeol is still in his own world.

“Chanyurrrrr~” Baekhyun’s pout transforms into a frown because the boy sitting in front of him is not his usual Chanyeol. He hates how this Chanyeol does not even spare him a glance after his quick smile a few minutes ago; he hates how this Chanyeol does not give him the usual attention he secretly craves for everyday; and he absolutely hates how a game wins over this Chanyeol’s heart against him.

Baekhyun is not one to seek for attention, but he is tired from the recording today and he needs his giant’s attention to help him feel better. So he braves himself before hooking his legs around Chanyeol’s ankles and tugging it toward him, hoping to get a glance or something but—

“Yes! New total ranking score! Mannnn, I love S cards with five stars!”

—Chanyeol is still so engrossed in the game.

Jongin, who is sitting next to Chanyeol, puts down his spoon and leans in to the latter’s ear and whispers something that sounds like stop playing or you get a week of hell from Baekhyun hyung.

Alas, even the tanned boy’s threat goes in one ear and out the other.

“My fingers are amazing!” Chanyeol exclaims once he finds that he put a wide gap of score between him and the player in the second place. “They do wonders.”

“Especially to Baekhyun hyung during your night activities,” Sehun pipes in in such a teasing tone, the corner of his lips twitching to form a smirk. “Yeah, I know.”

Junmyeon chokes on his bean sprout soup, earning him some pats on the back from a blushing Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo lets out a grunt before putting his empty plate and bowl in the sink, telling everyone to just go to their respective rooms when they are done eating and let him do the dishes. Sehun, Junmyeon, and Jongin wordlessly do as told and are gone in just a few seconds after that, leaving the trio in the dining room. By the time Baekhyun is done eating, Chanyeol still has half of his bibimbap on his bowl. Upon seeing that, his rarely-shown motherly side takes over him and he rounds the table to sit on where Jongin previously sat. He takes a spoon of Chanyeol’s bibimbap and lifts it up in front of the younger boy’s mouth. “Open up, you big oaf.”

And open his mouth Chanyeol does.

It is amazing, really, how Chanyeol’s brain controls his eyes to cooperate with his fingers to tap the coming buttons, yet at the same time it commands him to chew spoon after spoon of bibimbap Baekhyun is feeding him. Once there is no bibimbap left on his bowl, the beautiful boy reaches over to gently wipe the remaining sauce on the corner of Chanyeol’s lips with his thumb. “Aish, you.”

Kyungsoo just chuckles at their backs when they are walking out of the dining room, a frown decor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter