merry christmas!

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

written for those who ship baekyeol (of course ;A;). excuse my lame writing because one, i was still very much sleepy when i wrote this, two, back to number one. oh! and this was written in less than an hour so mistakes are here and there.

but hey it’s christmas so MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! /hugs/

anyone needs bricks in advance for this crap? ;__;

warning: i can't fluff.

It is unavoidably December again.

Chanyeol blows hot air into his hands as he steps out of his sleek Audi, fixing the ugly knot of his black cashmere scarf before going into the Italian restaurant to have semi-formal dinner with his clients. He inwardly curses as he checks the time shown by the expensive watch on his left wrist; he is fifteen minutes late already, thanks to his inconsistency in picking his outfit for the event tonight.

Well, a certain someone used to help him with everything so that everything would be easier.

Chanyeol slightly shakes his head to clear his mind and nods in acknowledgement at the man who opens the door of the restaurant for him, and directly goes to the VIP area where his clients have been waiting. They are in the middle of their discussion about the current financial issue happening in Asia when Chanyeol’s eyes catch some Chinese couple a few tables away from him. Apparently, the taller of the two is busy fanning his face while continuously wiping the sweat on his forehead, while the shorter one keeps offering the former a glass of his drink. Chanyeol does not really know what is actually happening at that couple’s table, but the sight is very similar to what usually happened to him back then.

His mind goes back to the time when he had to bear the burn on his tongue and around his mouth upon having a spoonful of Baekhyun’s spicy seafood fried rice; he had not told the petite male that he despised spicy food and Baekhyun did not mention that the fried rice he made was spicy. Chanyeol’s face instantly turned red and sweaty, while Baekhyun panicked around his dining room. Long story short, the dinner ended up with them making out at the dining table—tongue involved—before they chose to tell each other in details about what they liked and disliked.

Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.

Chanyeol’s heart clenches painfully as he repeats that name in his head.

“Mr. Park?” one of his clients, a Canadian woman, touches Chanyeol’s arm, face sporting a sincere worry. “Are you okay?”

No, I am definitely not. Chanyeol closes his eyes for a second before putting on his practiced, fake smile. “Yes. I am sorry I zoned out. Where were we?”

Before Chanyeol completely focuses his mind on the discussion again, he steals a glance at the falling snow outside. At every pure white flake flying down he sees, his heart cracks more and more. It is the third winter and he has not come back.

Every atom of him misses Baekhyun, his Baekhyun.

 

⌂⌂⌂

 

A smart, handsome, kindhearted, and wealthy man—that is what people see in Chanyeol. At the age of twenty nine, he has managed to be the CEO of his father’s company, living his childhood dream. He has everything, well, people think he has everything, while in fact he knows something—someone is missing from his life.

And he does not know whether that someone wills, or even wants to come back or not.

 

⌂⌂⌂

 

The winter breeze is especially cold tonight, and Chanyeol quickly rushes up to his room, wanting nothing but feeling the warmth of his doona. He does not even bother to change his business attire into his pajama, and just slides under his thick quilt. Once buried under the warm fabric, he releases a relieved sigh, for the warmth provided and for the fact that he has just gone through a very tiring day. He nearly exploded today because of his stubborn clients.

Out of habit, he fishes his phone out of his slacks and checks the date.

December 21st.

Baekhyun, I am still waiting.

Chanyeol has learned that crying would not solve his problem, that crying would not make him back into his arms, so he has stopped doing that since last year (but he is human, so he still cries at random nights).

Before he lets his exhaustion call his sleepiness, he tells himself that he is strong—that he is strong because he has gone through one more day without him.

But as usual, Chanyeol cannot sleep easily, with Baekhyun being so far away from him as the sole reason. It gets harder every day for him to go through the day without Baekhyun, and he does not know how much longer he can handle.

Waiting is painful, forgetting is painful, but not knowing what to choose is the worst kind of suffering.

 

⌂⌂⌂

 

It is nearing seven in the evening, yet Chanyeol is just standing still in front of the full length mirror attached to his wardrobe. He is already dressed in a brown crewneck sweater, black casual blazer, and some wool trousers for the Christmas Eve dinner at his cousin’s place, Junmyeon, but somehow his chest feels heavy at the thought of leaving his house for the event.

Because Baekhyun might come back.

He knows he is so stupid for even thinking like that, while in fact the shorter man has been gone for almost three years for his medical remote area expedition in South Africa, not three months like what he promised.

I will be back here on Christmas Eve, Yeol! Wait for me, okay? Chanyeol internall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter