airport

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol slurps on his smoothies and lets his eyes wander at his surroundings.

The airport is crowded, given the fact that today is the start of summer break so tourists start coming to Korea while Korean people themselves choose to have a summer trip to God knows where. Chanyeol knows he shouldn’t be feeling like this, but he misses Baekhyun—way too much. His best friend’s been going in and out of town—okay, he’s been traveling to all over the world, money not being a problem because he’s the only son of a successful businessman—for the past two months and Chanyeol hasn’t received a single email or call from the older. To say that Baekhyun vanished into thin air would be exaggerating, because he still contacts Jongdae, Chanyeol’s cousin, at least once a week to tell how he’s doing.

Chanyeol doesn’t know when his strong friendship with Baekhyun started cracking. They’ve been friends since in diapers, but starting from after graduation party when he introduced Kyungsoo, the son of his dad’s colleague, to his best friend, the latter’s been keeping a safe distance with him—physically and mentally.

Chanyeol checks his phone and sees that only fifteen minutes left before the plane from Sydney come landing. Pocketing his phone, he hauls his backpack from the floor and stands up. Something hidden in the inner pocket of his blazer feels heavy but he knows he should do this.

He stands outside the arrival gate where the bordering bar ends like a sore thumb because of his blessed height but he gives no about that. He just needs to meet Baekhyun.

For the last time, perhaps.

A group of middle passengers starts coming out and Chanyeol feels his palms become sweaty from anxiety. It doesn’t take long for his eyes to spot the boy he’s been waiting for and his heart skips a beat at that.

Baekhyun is walking with someone Chanyeol recognizes as Tao with the latter’s arm around his best friend’s shoulders, both boys dragging a small suitcase behind. Baekhyun is still as beautiful as always and Tao looks manly with his piercing eyes. They seriously look great together.

Chanyeol feels uneasy and, if possible, he wants to kick the Gucci boy back to the landing field so he’ll get ran over by a plane or two but Chanyeol knows before he can do that, Tao will just wushu kick him first.

The two have been so occupied in a lively conversation that none of them realizes they’ve just passed by Chanyeol.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol calls out as he reaches out for the shorter’s wrist. He then realizes that it’s smaller than the last time he got a grip of it. “Baek, have you not been eating well?”

Baekhyun turns around and, as if knowing what’s about to come, Tao takes his leave after winking at him. He scoffs. “What do you want, Chanyeol? And what’s with the sudden care? Ah, yes. Everybody always starts caring when it’s too late.”

Chanyeol mentally frowns at his best friend’s harsh words. “I… Why are you like this? What did change you?”

“A broken heart is what changes people. Now please be quick because I have a date with Tao in two hours.”

Date. With Tao. Chanyeol feels like someone has just pours salt on his open, bleeding heart. Tao is the forth boy Baekhyun is dating during the three months of their cracking friendship. The first one is Kris—a captain of basketball team in their university, the second is a Chinese boy named Yixing—a great pianist from International Business major, and the third is Luhan—Baekhyun’s new neighbor. Chanyeol wonders if his best friend has a thing for Chinese boys.

“If you don’t have anything to say, I’m leaving,” Baekhyun has already taken one step when Chanyeol pulls him backwards. “What—”

“I’m the one leaving this time, not you,” Chanyeol fishes his passport and ticket out from the inner pocket of his blazer and smiles at it, not at the boy in front of him. “I’m going back to Amsterdam for good. I’ll leave with my parents and apply for a job there.”

Baekhyun freezes, colors leaving his face. “Come again?”

“I’m going back to Amsterdam,” Chanyeol repeats before flashing out his creepy grin. “and I just wanted to say goodbye to you.”

“But you don’t have any suitcase with you.”

“It’s because I’ll come here once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter