wanted

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

will beta later.

“Are you sure this is okay?”

“Why shouldn’t it be, Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun chews his lower lip as his eyes dart to the crowd nearby. There are about two hundreds, or probably more, excited people surrounding a little stage with four people he knows best performing on it. It’s Valentine’s Day and his four ex-groupmates are doing a guerilla concert in the middle of Hongdae for the sake of reminiscing their old times with the fans, just like what Yixing has planned last month. EXO may have disbanded, but their fans remain solid and they're really thankful for that.

When the song changes, Kris tugs at the shorter’s hand. “Come on, Baekhyun. This is their second song already. They’re going to perform three songs only, remember? We’ve promised them to come.”

Baekhyun lowers his beanie and fixes his fake glasses before hesitantly following Kris to the left side of the stage where his ex-groupmates are. Junmyeon is the first to notice him after Kris lets go of his hand and immediately attacks him in a bear hug. “You came, Baekhyun! Thank you.”

Baekhyun pulls away first and focuses on his fellows on the stage. Jongdae and Kyungsoo are singing with their hearts and Yixing looks handsomely serene as usual, playing his piano. His eyes then move to the last person, the one he cherished the most—and secretly does until now, and he feels suffocated for no reason. His breathing becomes hard while he gazes longingly at that person and, as if there’s no other sound than Baekhyun’s breathing, Chanyeol turns his head to look at him without stopping playing the drums. They lock eyes and when Chanyeol slightly pulls the corners of his lips up, Baekhyun feels like dying.

His short legs itch to run forward and his arms shake with the urge to just have Chanyeol in his embrace.

“Okay, guys,” Jongdae speaks to the audiences after the second song has ended. “The song after this is our last song. If you have your loved ones with you, gentlemen, hold them close because this song is really beautiful.”

Baekhyun lets out a gasp as he recognizes the first notes of the last song. With a thumping heart, he automatically looks at Chanyeol who is already smiling up at him. He slowly returns the smile. This is their song.

When the guerilla concert finishes, Baekhyun joins the others to do free hug event with the fans. It takes almost two hours until they’re able to hug the last fan, but none of them complains at all. They’ve missed this, a lot.

Baekhyun closes his eyes and is about to stretch his arms up in the air when someone steps in front of him.

“Where is my hug, oppa?”

A playful smile on Chanyeol’s face is all Baekhyun sees as he quickly opens his eyes. He wants to say something, anything, but there is an imaginary lump blocking his voice in his throat.

“Baekhyun oppa, you don’t want to hug me? I’m your biggest fan.”

In a split of second, Baekhyun tiptoes to hug Chanyeol’s neck and buries his face on the taller’s shoulder, muttering “stupid” which is followed by “ouch” from the other boy. They stay like that for a moment, in each other’s arms, before Baekhyun reluctantly breaks the hug. He lifts his head up and looks straight into Chanyeol’s eyes, searching for the tiny sparkles he used to see when the owner of those big brown eyes stared at him.

Baekhyun barely finds it but it’s there, covered with other emotions. He can’t help himself to smile at his little finding. “Don’t you think Yixing hyung’s playing was a bit soulless earlier? Especially at the last song.”

“Really?” Chanyeol smirks, challenging. “Then can you show me how to play it perfectly?”

A chuckle escapes Baekhyun's lips before he makes his way towards Yixing’s piano and sits on the small bench. He takes a breath, steals a glance at Chanyeol who is coolly leaning against the piano’s side, and starts playing. He slowly closes his eyes and calmly sing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter