wishes

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why can’t I get everything I want?!” Baekhyun asks to no one in particular, kicking an empty soda can in frustration. Chanyeol, who is walking with him, cringes when that can hits a dog who is peacefully sleeping beneath a leafy tree. “When I wanted that one and only Wolf hoodie in EXO store, Jongdae purchased it first. When I wanted to win in that Hapkido tournament last January, I was suddenly attacked with a stomachache and missed the whole tournament.”

Chanyeol draps his long arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders and lightly squeezes him.

Baekhyun pauses walking. “And last, when I joined that singing competition last year, my voice cracked at the last high note I hit. I hate my life!”

Chanyeol glances at the hunching boy next to him. He’s hurt, too, because Baekhyun is meant to always smile, not to have a gloomy aura like this. They resume their walk with a slower pace because of Baekhyun’s occasional sighs. In his heart, Chanyeol prays to God and all the angels out there that if he can do anything to make Baekhyun smile again, he will gladly do it.

“Yah.”

Baekhyun groans as he feels his blanket is being pulled down. He keeps his eyes shut and pulls the blanket up again, holding it tight. “No, Chanyeol. It’s Sunday so please just leave me alone on my bed. Go away.”

“I’m not your roommate, you dumb.”

Baekhyun abruptly opens his eyes and turns his head to the right only to see… a baby with wings? standing on the edge of his pillow. Baekhyun squints his eyes and… no, it—he looks like a grown up teenager with wings in smaller version. Quirking his lips—because Baekhyun isn’t one to freak out at odd things like this—he pokes that small creature’s head with his finger. “What are you?”

That small creature blows his bangs up and glares at Baekhyun. “Well, Byun Baekhyun, I’m Luhan. I’m an angel so please have respect for me. I’m here to announce that you’re given the chance to ask for four wishes and I’m in charge to grant them all. There is nothing I can’t do, so don’t worry.”

“Why four? Shouldn’t it be three?” Baekhyun laughs.

“Because three wishes are just too mainstream,” Luhan lazily rolls his eyes. “Oh! Remember that you don’t have to say ‘I wish…’ out loud, you can just say it in your head and I’ll still grant it. Just four wishes, Byun Baekhyun. Be wise. You don’t know what you’re sacrificing right now.”

When Luhan disappears—with a sad smile? Baekhyun doesn’t care—Baekhyun stands up on his bed and bounces in joy. He’s too overwhelmed that he doesn’t notice his roommate is gone.

 It takes two days for Baekhyun to make his first wish.

When Baekhyun passes by EXO store on his way home, there is a new version of the Wolf hoodie Baekhyun wanted on the display and when he asks how much it is, he’s so surprised because it’s five times more expensive than the one Jongdae bought.

Without thinking much, Baekhyun mentally wishes for him to get that hoodie for free.

Baekhyun walks out of EXO store with a big smile and an EXO store’s paper bag in his hand. He enjoys the envious groans from the teenagers behind him because the new version of Jongdae’s Wolf hoodie is no longer on the display.

Baekhyun forgets that he used to come to EXO store with Chanyeol.

On Friday night, Baekhyun puts his hands on his hips in annoyance because he can’t reach the last package of ramen he has on his overhead cabinet. He tries standing on the tip of his toes again and again but he’s still not tall enough to get it. He’s so upset that he just absentmindedly wishes for the cabinet to go lower so he can reach it.

Half an hour later, Baekhyun burps as he puts his bowl in the sink. “Ramen is always the best.”

Baekhyun forgets that Chanyeol used to help him in reaching things placed on that cabinet.

The third wish is said in a whisper the next Sunday.

Baekhyun’s been feeling like something is missing but he can’t point out what it is so he goes to the park near his dorm to think. The park is surprisingly not crowded that he’s able to sit on one of the benches there.

As he’s busy thinking about the missing thing, a white puppy suddenly comes to him and sits on his lap. The puppy looks at him with its cute eyes and wiggles its tail, making Baekhyun squeal in delight. It’s small, Baekhyun admits, but big enough for him to cradle it in his arms.

“I wish I had a white puppy like you in my dorm,” Baekhyun whispers, rubbing his nose against the puppy’s.

Baekhyun squeals louder than when he was at the park as he sees a cute, white puppy sitting on the welcome mat in his dorm’s living room. He squats down to greet the puppy and picks it up, only to see that there is a puppy’s poop on the mat.

He just laughs and brings the puppy to the bathroom to bathe it. “I’ll just wash the map tomorrow.”

Baekhyun forgets that Chanyeol u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter