hapkido

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun ge! Stop tapping your foot!” Tao snaps, pressing a hand on the said boy’s knee. No matter how many times he has said it, Baekhyun can’t just obey him. “Are you nervous?”

“Well, what do you think?” Baekhyun snorts. “It’s a hapkido tournament afterall.”

“That’s it. This isn’t your first hapkido tournament, ge. You’ve been through this kind of tournament for oh so many times, so calm down,” Tao argues. He just shakes his head when Baekhyun starts tapping his foot again, a habit of him that the younger boy hates.

Baekhyun looks around the gym where the tournament is held. The audiences are filling in the bleachers and he can see some participants coming out from the changing room. He straightens up in his seat and fixes his belt’s position, trying to distract his mind. Tao, on the other hand, just calmly scans the venue with crossed arms on his chest—both Baekhyun and he are the representatives from their university.

“Baek! Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun turns his head to the direction of the person who has just called him and beams up. He stands up and is suddenly attacked in a bear hug by his best friend, Luhan. Chuckling, Baekhyun returns the hug. “Thanks for coming, Lulu.”

“No way would I skip your last tournament in our senior year, B,” Luhan says before patting Baekhyun’s shoulder. That doesn’t help kicking away the younger boy’s nervousness, though. “Bring victory to our university, okay?”

“Yes, sir,” Baekhyun playfully salutes before he realizes that there are more people behind Luhan. “Jongin! Minseok hyung! OH MY GOD KIM JONGDAE YOU’RE HERE, TOO!”

Luhan pulls Tao up before the five of them do a group hug. Hwaitings are exchanged but still… Baekhyun feels uneasy.

“Baekhyun, are you okay?” Jongdae asks worriedly. He gives the nervous boy a side hug and pats his head brotherly. “Don’t be so nervous. You’ll effortlessly beat them all as usual.”

Baekhyun forces a smile which earns him a squeeze on the hand from Jongin and a mindblowing smile from the latter. “I know you can do it, hyung.”

Even after receiving a hug from Minseok, Baekhyun is still not able to calm down. He keeps on tapping his foot, biting his lower lip, and playing with his fingers. He paces back and forth, too, as his nervousness increases second by second.

Some of Baekhyun’s classmates stop by where he is to give him direct support but naa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter